It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Beckham Confronts Another Football Fan

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Beckham Confronts Another Football Fan


news.sky.com

David Beckham has confronted another fan in Los Angeles as the backlash against the star intensifies.

This time the England footballer got involved with a spectator who allegedly insulted his wife Victoria during Saturday's Major League Soccer game with Kansas City.

He managed to keep his cool and was shown offering a handshake to the fan, who was wearing an England shirt.

But after the match, the former Manchester United player said: "He shouldn't actually be wearing that shirt because what he was saying about my wife was a disgrace.

"I've had it all before. I've heard it al
(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I know we don't get many sports related stuff here, but I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the LA galaxy fans called his wife....


And what you think of American's wearing England shirts, and Beckham's reaction to that?

Personally as an Englishman only an Englishman should wear an England shirt. What's wrong with wearing your USA football team shirt? You guys can't be that bad at football... erm.. soccer!

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-7-2009 by john124]



posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124

Personally as an Englishman only an Englishman should wear an England shirt. What's wrong with wearing your USA football team shirt? You guys can't be that bad at football... erm.. soccer!


Before this year I would have agreed that we suck at football here in the US, however you can't deny that team USA was kicking some ass this year.

That being said, I (born and raised American) am a huge fan of the Premier League. It doesn't get much better when it comes to football, in my opinion. Not sure if that makes me a 'traitor', but I prefer to support English teams over American ones.

I have no idea why LA fans boo Beckham, he's a phenomenal footballer, and he brings a lot to that team. Such un-sportsman-like conduct really only hurts our image, if you ask me.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by drwizardphd]



posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd
 


I think the reasoning behind thier boo's @ Beckham, is he wants to permanently move back to Ac Milan. I think this has tikked off the LA Galaxy fans.

Personally I could careless what he does, after all he has the money. He is just looking out for own self interests, over and above those fans of LA Galaxy



posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk
 


Well with Galaxy fans booing him and such I won't blame him if he does, I always thought he wanted to stay in MLS and just play with Milan on the side, but I guess I don't really follow Beckham that much. Any team that has him is lucky IMO, so I can imagine that LA is pretty miffed if this is the case.



posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
reply to post by Laurauk
 


Well with Galaxy fans booing him and such I won't blame him if he does, I always thought he wanted to stay in MLS and just play with Milan on the side, but I guess I don't really follow Beckham that much. Any team that has him is lucky IMO, so I can imagine that LA is pretty miffed if this is the case.


Trouble is he thought his England career was over under Shteve "I'm a dutchman" McClaren, and so moved to L.A in order to propogate 'Brand Beckham' and to get a big payday before he retired.

Trouble was, when Don Fabio took charge of the national side, Beckham suddenly found he could still play for England as long as he was regularly competing in the best leagues in the world i.e England, Spain or Italy.

With all due respect, MLS is shockingly bad standard, not even as good as the Scottish Premier League (Darren Huckerby ffs!) and so Beckham found himself trapped in a mediocre league, needing to play against the best teams in order to prove he's still got it.

I imagine he'll be back in England before too long. I understand why the LA fans hate him, though. He's disrespecting their club.



posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CRB86

With all due respect, MLS is shockingly bad standard, not even as good as the Scottish Premier League (Darren Huckerby ffs!) and so Beckham found himself trapped in a mediocre league, needing to play against the best teams in order to prove he's still got it.



Not going to hear any argument from me. There's a reason I don't watch American soccer.



posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Forgive me but surely this is just mainstream c**p, utter nonsense reported in tabloids with the single purpose of distracting us from what really matters in life? Maybe it's not but it sure seems like it to me. Sorry can't see the conspiracy/alternative angle either.
Sorry to berate your post but I don't think it belings here. Yes, I could have just ignored it but if we all ignore it then ATS is no different from an MSM outlet where the sheep get what they're given.



posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
MLS is not a bad league its comparable to the Coca Cola Championship in England and the Scottish Premier league. All tough Teams like Celtic and Rangers are a better team then any team in the MLS, but that's about it. I love my MLS its growing Slowly but Surly. Go Earthquakes.



posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
god damn Americans.... just cause your own countries team eats nut dosn't mean you can adopt ours when you feel like it !!!

stick to hand egg and Rodeo.......



posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disclosure Agent
god damn Americans.... just cause your own countries team eats nut dosn't mean you can adopt ours when you feel like it !!!

stick to hand egg and Rodeo.......



On behalf of all Americans, I would like to entitle you to support any 'hand egg' team, basketball team, baseball team, hockey team, swim team or any of the other things we do better than the rest of the world.


Football is my favorite sport, don't take that away from me.

And yeah, I agree with the previous poster, this is BTS material, nothing really 'alternative' about this thread.



posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124

Beckham Confronts Another Football Fan


news.sky.com

David Beckham has confronted another fan in Los Angeles as the backlash against the star intensifies.

This time the England footballer got involved with a spectator who allegedly insulted his wife Victoria during Saturday's Major League Soccer game with Kansas City.

He managed to keep his cool and was shown offering a handshake to the fan, who was wearing an England shirt.

But after the match, the former Manchester United player said: "He shouldn't actually be wearing that shirt because what he was saying about my wife was a disgrace.

"I've had it all before. I've heard it al
(visit the link for the full news article)




I laugh at the American fans who get mad at him for being Loaned to AC Milan..

I am an American, but i am a huge Football ( Euro ) fan and the majority of us just don't understand how things work in Soccer ( Football )...

Players get loaned all the time to all different leagues in Europe . It just happens. That is the way it is........

We are so ignorant about real football it's insane...........If I were him I would not want to be hear any longer having to deal with these ignorant fans...

I mean really what do you want the man to do ?

That is like getting mad at some guy on Triple A Toledo Mud hens for getting moved up to the Tigers for a few months and calling him a trader.....It's SOOO dumb..

Anyways people should leave this guy and actually all celebrities alone...They are people too.....And you would do most of the same stuff they do in certain situations, btw which non of us have ever experienced but claim to know what we would do in a given situation....


I respect Soccer ( Football ) and am In the Minority here in the States...

But having played for 12 years I love the game and have respect for it and honestly I'm so sick of loud mouth Arrogant Ignorant fellow Americans making the rest of us look like a bunch of jackasses ............

Damn I very much dislike about half the people in this country ( I wanted to say that a lot meaner but it wouldn't get posted :-) )



posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd
 


Yea I agree...........Once you have watched a REAL Football match over in the Premier League , our MLS looks like high school soccer.....

They are so much more skilled and technical over there, however it is soccer and anybody can win ....It takes one goal.....

But our country prefers stupid boring NBA basketball where the players walk the ball up the court.....the other 4 STAND around, somebody passes and flings up a shot while nobody rebounds and they JOG back to the other end.........

That is not an athlete..........

Soccer players are athletes, NFL football skilled position players and defensive players are athletes....NBA......Not so much except for maybe 10% of them......



posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by and14263
Forgive me but surely this is just mainstream c**p, utter nonsense reported in tabloids with the single purpose of distracting us from what really matters in life? Maybe it's not but it sure seems like it to me. Sorry can't see the conspiracy/alternative angle either.
Sorry to berate your post but I don't think it belings here. Yes, I could have just ignored it but if we all ignore it then ATS is no different from an MSM outlet where the sheep get what they're given.


I just wanted to find out from some LA galaxy fans what the fans were chanting about him and his wife. But I'm sorry for disturbing you from your 9/11 truth seeking *ahem* and the many one-sided postings against Israel etc etc etc.

Well this nor most threads here actually matter. There are a few good threads, but not too many.

I thought it was funny how tacky ats has become recently, and you accuse this of not been good enough to post here. Ats has recently become as bad or worse than tabloids, definitely more mis-info than tabloids.


[edit on 27-7-2009 by john124]




top topics



 
1

log in

join