It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinghy sailors and canoeists to be subject to shipping laws

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Dinghy sailors and canoeists to be subject to shipping laws

www.timesonline.co.uk

Canoes, surfboards and dinghies are to be given the same legal status as cruise liners and oil tankers in a clampdown on reckless behaviour at sea.

Unpowered craft including sailboards and bodyboards are to be reclassified as ships to bring their users within regulations for merchant shipping.

Users face prison and fines of up to £50,000 if they are held liable for any accidents.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9f13766994e7.jpg[/atsimg]

Growing up in Southern California I practically lived at the beach enjoying the water with bodyboard and learning to surf even though I was never able to catch on. I keep hearing how TPTB are going to be taxing us on everything from tolet paper to how many miles we drive daily but this is so WRONG!

If they attempt to bring this to the U.S. I would be willing to see how many go along with it as takng down each name of those who do. I am posting this thread in hopes to simply keep members aware of possible things to come.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
An surfboard is the same as an oil tanker? That's just plain idiocy.

Personal watercraft are mentioned as a catalyst and here they are treated the same as powerboats, are subject to the same laws and must yield to unpowered vessels.

Though I must confess by experience that people do treat powered watercraft as something not to be taken as seriously as driving a car.

join