It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Y. High School To Provide Pregnancy, STD Testing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by notsosweet

Are you kidding? No, really, you believe that actually providing help to a kid with a disease, or even teaching them that such diseases exist, "encourages them"?

I guess that getting a flu shot makes me want to pack my house full of live poultry, too? or that learning about the mongols makes me want to go rape and pillage my neighbors?

Nah. Fact is the kids don't need to be "encouraged" - they're still screwing and getting diseases and making their own kids at the same pace they were decades, even centuries ago (In fact, given that girls used to be bred as soon as they bled, one might say the rate has actually decreased). The difference is, there's simply less social stigma associated with reporting it, and today's media sources don't censor such information from the public.

The events haven't changed, the reporting has.

teenagers have been screwing since time immemorial. Teaching them what it all entails actually ends up making them safer and better-off.

Sorry daddy, your little pun'kin is going to use her vagina whether you like it or not. It's hers, not yours.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Not saying that the teaching encourages it....just the fact that we have day care centers in high school...seems like to me kids would think that its ok to get pregnant, since they would have a place for their baby to go to.

I know kids have been having sex for many many years, all I am saying is that if they are gonna have sex, then we need to find a way for them to make sure they don't get pregnant, etc.

I don't know, I guess this is just another one of those things that we really can't do anything about. I guess when I read the number of teenage pregnancy and STD's really caught me off guard. It was more than I even imagined.

I do know that I will try my hardest to make sure my daughter doesn't have a child in her teens and my son doesn't get some girl pregnant when he is a teenager. (not saying that im absolutely sure they wouldn't, but at least I will try)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join