It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally Justice - Michael Vick reinstated by the NFL!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Michael Vick is finally reinstated to the NFL. I cant believe the things that they have drug this poor man through just for a little dog fighting. It is good to see that he will be allowed to play again and get his life back.

Fox News

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
lol I too am curious how his comeback will playout and am somewhat excited. However, I expect you to get roasted for your comment, "just a little dog fighting." That's hardly what happened..

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by -NewSense-

Yeah I am excited about his comeback too. I wonder who he will play for, because I think the Falcons ended his contract? The guy is so talented.

Did I miss something? I thought he just went to jail for raising pit bulls for fighting. Did he evade taxes or something?

[edit on 7/27/2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
A little dog fighting? Do you have any respect for animals?

This guy had no respect for animals at all, he's one sick human being and he deserved the ban that he got. I sincerely hope that you arent one of these people that get kicks out of watching animals rip each other to shreds, because if you are, you too, are one f***ed up individual

[edit on 27/7/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

Sure there was dog fighting. Have you ever seen a dog fight? There were also reports of torture and various other crude acts of violence. Hanging. Electrocution. Drowning. etc..

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Oh cmon they are just animals. Should we put farmers in jail for killing cows and cutting them up for meat so we can eat them. I am not really saying what he did was right, but he shouldnt have been thrown in jail for a bunch of dogs. At least he gave the dogs a fighting chance to live, the farmer just puts a bullet in their head.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. These dog fights were not for sustanance (spell check would be wonderful). These fights are cruel and vicious. A farmer raises animals for consumption, to help support their family...oh and it's LEGAL. Dog fighting is absolutely horrible and everyone that participates should be ashamed. He may have talent but he sure is an ass hole.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Hmm, let's see here. Murder and torture helpless funloving animals for fun and excitement? Or swiftly kill animals to survive?..what to do what to do..

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Oh cmon they are just animals. Should we put farmers in jail for killing cows and cutting them up for meat so we can eat them. I am not really saying what he did was right, but he shouldnt have been thrown in jail for a bunch of dogs. At least he gave the dogs a fighting chance to live, the farmer just puts a bullet in their head.

Have you got some kind of mental problem?

Animals feel pain too, and they are capable of having emotions. Tell you what, how about we chain you up and continually punch, kick and abuse you for a month, all while starving you. Then how bout we throw you in with a pitbull, which proceeds to rip you ears off, tear away your lips, maul your limbs, and finally rips your windpipe from your throat.....how does that sound?

Farmers are different, at least the cows die quickly, and there meat is used for food. These dogs suffer horribly, and they just get dumped when theyve had there day. They are bred purely for sick individuals like yourself, who seem to get a kick out of this sort of thing.

I hope you get flamed to hell on this, and Im pretty sure you will

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I don't support your stance on the dog fighting.

That being said, he did the time he was given and now I want to see if any teams will take him. And how good he'll play after the time away.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

Like I said before I dont agree with what he did. However, I think a slap on the wrist and a good fine would have been plenty. They just stuck him in jail to make an example out of him because he was famous.

We must realize that where he grew up and in his peer group this is commonly accepted behavior. We all know that there are large groups of rednecks and black folk where this behavior is common practice. It is part of their culture.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I don't care if it was a part of his culture. His culture knows it is illegal as well so he doesn't get that defense. It's stupid and cruel. Did you know that most killers and the like start out with the torturing and killing of animals. Says a lot about Vick IMO.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by HarlieQuinn

Randomly torturing animals is not the same as raising an animal to fight. These dogs are bred to fight. It is their nature.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
It was a pretty dumb thing to do for a guy in his position regardless of the moral implications. And as far as his play, mediocre when he got in trouble. And believe it or not, I'm not trying to bash the guy but the Falcons are a far better team and have a much better qb now.

I heard people talking about NE being a good place for him to go. I dunno, just don't see it.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by beezwaxes

I agree it was a dumb thing for a guy in his position to do. I am not sure where he will go, but I hope he takes this opportunity to get his life together.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I was listening to espn radio today and the reports are that he's doing just that. I hope so, he's in the perfect position to make some good come of a real mess. They were guessing he'll have to sit out 4 games or so.

Somebody will take him. He's a good backup and can really throw a question mark at a defense if they put him in there every once in awhile.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
He has done his time and served it. He paid the price for his crime. Enough of this, I'm am so
fed up with excons getting the
for the crimes they have already paid. What society does is double Jeopardy to these people that if its against the law in the first place, against the constitution, then you shouldn't do it either.

That being said, I learn to forgive and I believe that society can and should do better than making a person dependent on the state. Because that is what society does this by denying jobs to these people, by failing to solve the cause instead of the effect. We as a nation said, "put them there and throw away the Key." Well that is what we got, and I for one has forgiven Vick. So should the NFL.

I also trust my gut and take a dose of common sense.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirbikesalot06
He has done his time and served it. He paid the price for his crime.

I agree that he has paid his price for what he did but I don't think he should ever be allowed to play professional sports again. The NFL as well as all professional sports should have a no felon allowed policy.

If he wasn't an idiot with all his millions before then he would be able to go on with his life in a private way. With him putting himself back in the public eye, he deserves any and all ridicule he may get going forward. Him wanting to play again just sounds like a desperate money grab.

And just to clarify, even though dog fighting is a horrible thing, it's the other things him and his cohorts did to those animals that makes me sick to my stomach.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarlieQuinn

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. These dog fights were not for sustanance (spell check would be wonderful). These fights are cruel and vicious. A farmer raises animals for consumption, to help support their family...oh and it's LEGAL. Dog fighting is absolutely horrible and everyone that participates should be ashamed. He may have talent but he sure is an ass hole.

He did his time and paid the price to society. You might not like the guy, but he deserves the rights of any free citizen.
Preventing him from going back in to the NFL or to any other career is wrong. I consider the fact that society does double Jeopardy everyday on former criminals. Its sad its in the constitution, but people fail to follow such things in there own personal life.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by beezwaxes

I heard people talking about NE being a good place for him to go. I dunno, just don't see it.

I don't think he would be welcome here in NE.He's a punk animal abuser and a half-assed QB.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join