It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have a Voice In Homeland Security Objectives and Policy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
OK, this seems quite odd to me...I can understand involving the citizenry with democracy and empowering the people in a grassroots movement to elect politicians. But, "to have a voice in our homeland security policy???"

Is it just me, seriously?

The first Homeland Security National Dialogue goes live on August 3rd and that’s only one week from today. Your feedback will help form our nation’s homeland security goals and objectives and determine the ways in which we achieve them. YOU can have a voice in shaping Homeland Security policy for the next four years.

The National Dialogue is a conversation between you, other Homeland Security stakeholders, and DHS on an innovative web-based platform. The National Dialogue is an iterative process, building on your input over the course of three dialogues. Each of the three dialogues will involve discussions on six topics being reviewed by DHS:

■Counterterrorism and Domestic Security Management
■Securing Our Borders
■Smart and Tough Enforcement of Immigration Laws
■Preparing for, Responding to, and Recovering from Disasters
■Homeland Security National Risk Assessment
■Homeland Security Planning and Capabilities
www.nationalterroralert.com...

[edit on 27-7-2009 by MOFreemason]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Just a tad more information, to get you all excited!!!!

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano invites you to participate in the National Dialogue on the Quadrennial Homeland Security Review (QHSR). This groundbreaking, web-based interactive dialogue is designed to allow a broader range of opinions and ideas to inform the QHSR process, and to strengthen the Department’s relationship with its vast array of partners and stakeholders, including other federal agencies, state, local, and tribal governments, law enforcement professionals, first responders, academic institutions, and the business community.

In order to capture this critical feedback, the Secretary is seeking your participation in three week-long, web-based dialogues. Each dialogue will build on the previous one, allowing participants to view and comment directly on proposed elements of the review before they are made final. Your invaluable participation will directly inform the work of the DHS study groups conducting the QHSR—and ultimately, our Homeland Security policies and priorities over the next four years. The final report is due to Congress on December 31, 2009.
www.nationalterroralert.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
That's just the Federal level following the same guidelines as state and local levels. In fact it's a funding requirement for the lower levels that public feedback is given. Maybe everyone should go and suggest they take it easy on alternative media on the internet.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by beaverg
That's just the Federal level following the same guidelines as state and local levels. In fact it's a funding requirement for the lower levels that public feedback is given. Maybe everyone should go and suggest they take it easy on alternative media on the internet.

I appreciate your response post. I was unaware that it was a requirement for lower level agencies to have to receive input from the public.

Thank you!

top topics

join