It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Taser can shock three people at once

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

New Taser can shock three people at once

rawstory.com

Manufacturers of the Taser stun gun on Monday unveiled a new handheld weapon on Monday which is capable of shocking three people without having to reload.

Arizona-based Taser International said in a statement the company’s new X3 “electronic control device” was the first new handheld weapon since 2003 and featured enhanced safety details.

Taser International chief executive Rick Smith said the new multi-shot Taser would “increase officer safety through the ability to recover from a missed shot or even simultaneously stop up to three separate targets.”

The company said the ne
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I'm really concerned by this. I think that while that law enforcement should have tools at their disposal we know- we've seen the stories as to how the police law enforcement officials can misuse and abuse the ability to tase people. I think that this is the step in the wrong direction. I also think that this is the totally wrong direction to take for law enforcement. I just have a really bad feeling about this. This sounds terrible to me- just- I'm sick of hearing about so many stories where people get tased and how painful it is- and now they can shock 3 people at once? That just sounds- I don't know how to even describe it. It's just shocking to me. No pun intended.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
This sucks. What they should be doing is taking away the existing tazers. Cops have more than proven that they can't handle them.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Terrific! Now, instead of killing just one of us...they'll be able to pop off three of us pesky terrorists!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Three people at once.

What if two people give up after the first shock and the third still wants to fight.

Does this improved taser only shock just the one still fighting or all three.

How does the officer control who gets shocked.

And in the heat of a fight will the officer be able to think clearly enough to decide who need to be shocked more or just fry all till the last one gives up.

new topics

top topics

join