It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baton Rouge police censoring citizens at ACORN's request

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

The police officers are telling this woman that she "cant talk on that sidewalk". If you look the cop is being directed by the ACORN people. Later in the video a security guard comes up and tells them "they better listen to the officer".

All she's doing is talking to some of the people about Obama's health care, from the perspective of someone who is against it.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
But you're not supposed to disagree with Lord Obama, over anything, else he will use the force against you. It would be much easeir for him if we would all just go to the Dark Side.
Me? I perfer the light.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
look! more of Obamas brown shirts!

Seriously i dont understand why the media and people here on ATS arent giving this more thought or thread time.

Everyone is about conspiracy on this site, yet they are ignoring A REAL CONSPIRACY with Acorn!

I have numerous posts about the corrupt goings on about Acorn, and its connections to Obama, but they die out within the day, no one seems interested.

These people are the money behind the man! Their roots go so far up the political tree in washington , people are getting prostate exams!

PAY ATTENTION PEOPLE! QUIT FOCUSING ON THE BS! the REAL STORY IS THIS GROUP!

why do i feel that more attention on this site gets paid to the nonsense then REAL conspiracies?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
My goodness. Pure facism. You can't talk anymore? WTH? Why aren't people doing something damned?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Obama is trash.
His admin is trash.
And America soon will be the same.
Enjoy your decision those who put him in power.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
So what do we do?

We have read that ACORN is corrupt, that Obama was in bed with them, that they rigged elections, made up voters, embezzled money...

Was it just me, or was there palpable racial tension there? I don't want to make something up that doesn't exist, but what was with the guys just standing around all defiant?

..and they had a right to be on the sidewalk but others didn't? Don't understand how that works.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I had just heard of this from another source and am so glad it was posted here also.
Acorn has the police doing their bidding - shameful.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Maybe the cop is a member. Shouldn't he be charged for making up fake laws?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Maybe the cop is a member. Shouldn't he be charged for making up fake laws?

No kidding! Why is this guy on the street making up laws, while being directed and supported by ACORN members with their security? There seems to be a real pattern emerging between the people surrounding Obama and their growing audacity to threaten people they disagree with. This reminds me a lot of the New Black Panthers at voting locations during the election.

The charges were dropped against these fellas by the way, thanks to Obama's justice department.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
There isn't enough information in that video to come to any conclusion. It could very well be that the officer was doing his best to prevent confrontations.

Whatever, he was in a precarious position there and would probably have been more than happy if the "reporter" had asked her subject to go across the street to talk.

As you can see in the video, the cop talked to the subject privately and we don't know what was said.

I can say is that if I were the cop, I would have encouraged that individual to avoid confrontations with the ACORN people who it seems greatly outnumbered him.

ACORN is corrupt, but I cannot conclude from that video that the police officer was acting on the orders of ACORN.

[edit on 2009/7/27 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Bullocks. There is no law that stops people from talking to each other. The cop was way out of line and should be booted.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

ACORN is corrupt, but I cannot conclude from that video that the police officer was acting on the orders of ACORN.

What law prevents people from having a conversation on the street? Thats all that was going on here. Even one of the pro-Obamacare people asks "why they cant talk".

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

My position is this, if you didn't bother to read my previous post.

There is not enough information in the video to draw any conclusion whatsoever.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Did you bother watching the video? There's more than enough information on it. Way more than enough, it's a virtual treasure chest for information on the incident. You're lying

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Beck talks about it a bit in this piece. It starts around the 2:00 mark.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
You're lying

Don't call me a liar.

I watched the video and there is not enough information to make a judgement about the officer's motive of disallowing the interview or what he said to the man in the blue shirt.

If you were in charge of keeping the peace on that stretch of the sidewalk, you might do exactly the same thing.

You also don't know what happened after the video.

To me it looked like a volatile situation that the cop was trying to keep under control.

Now, learn some manners.

Also, although I watch Beck's show and enjoy his take on politics, I don't rely on him to form my own opinions.

[edit on 2009/7/27 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

Actually it just looks like a Louisiana cop doing what Louisiana cops do.

That is, throwing their "often considerable" weight around. Didn't see the Acorn people "directing" - in fact I saw the one woman try to step in to correct some BS from the chick with the camera.

The cop butting in on behalf of the Acorn group, because that's the way it works - the cops will always try to get the lone heckler away from the group being heckled.

I don't think there was actually any need to do so, but this is how they're tained, and well... Louisiana cops, like I said.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
1) What motive? It doesn't matter what his motive was, there is no law that can stop people from talking to each other.
2) If I or anyone with half a brain is in charge of keeping peace on the street the last thing we'd do is prevent someone from talking. TALKING.
3) It doesn't matter what happened after the video, the incident itself is clearly there. The only way there could be more information would be multiple cameras but since this is clear as a day that's not necessary.
4) Volatile? There's nothing volatile in the scene.
5) You learn some manners, it's not very polite to spew lies on a forum.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

And that should be your first clue that you're being bed horse apples, my friend. Out of the entire nest og kooks the right has been fermenting over the years, this guy's almost on par with Michelle Malkin.

In fact, if he didn't have that lovely pasty complexion, odds are he'd be regarded as the same kookbat extremist that Cynthia McKinney is.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

5) You learn some manners, it's not very polite to spew lies on a forum.

I'm asking you to stop calling me a liar.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join