It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PIT unveils new weapon locating radar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Poland's main radar systems and technology enterprise, the Industrial Institute of Telecommunications (Przemyslowy Instytut Telekomunikacji – PIT), aired new details of its WLR-100 weapon locating radar at the recent Czech IDET defence technology and security systems show in Brno.

Link to Jane's

he chief utility of this type of radar is to detect and track multiple types of incoming ordnance of any calibre greater than 23 mm (a radar cross section of 0.001 m2 ) and project their impact points. After identifying the number, size, trajectory and point of impact of any ordnance fired, the onboard computer's ballistic computation module is then able to backplot the trajectory and achieve a fix on the opposing forces' firing position. "This allows any units being protected by the WLR-100 to transmit those co-ordinates to close air support aircraft or their own artillery," one of the PIT designers told Jane's . "The accuracy of the system for identifying both the impact point of the ordnance in flight and the point of origin is better than 1 per cent."

Although the caliber required for tracking right now is rather large, I think this a taste of things to come. Remember the Predator movie where the bad guys built-in computer did some math and figured out where the rock came from? Yeah, that's what this does. It's really big right now, but things shrink.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
WAIT WAIT WAIT! hold up a second.

you mean poland has electricity?
much less an instytut?

(im of polish descent)

anyways...wow. this is pretty impressive. eventually they will probably be able to return fire from a sniper bullet.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
WAIT WAIT WAIT! hold up a second.

you mean poland has electricity?
much less an instytut?

(im of polish descent)

anyways...wow. this is pretty impressive. eventually they will probably be able to return fire from a sniper bullet.

Hey now. Many great contributions have been made to society by people of Polish descent. Hmm... Not sure that sentence has ever been used before, so I'm going to copyright it. Nah, just kidding.

Either they are way ahead of the curve on this one, or we just haven't been told about anyone else's yet. Either way, I'm excited in a scared sort of way.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
yes, they are ahead of the curve. which frightens me to no end. last i checked the polish still wore wooden shoes.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Looks like they did what we could not.
I recall walking the halls of a defense plant with images of this contraption
we were building.
It was like big Hitler photos telling me to believe.
Yeah nothing happened.

So this must be some secret technology they uncovered and called
it radar.

I'd say its ether-ar.
The secret is out, but only in Poland.

top topics

join