It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gibbs shoots down 'birthers'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Gibbs shoots down 'birthers'

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com

(CNN) — A reluctant Robert Gibbs struck back sharply Monday at those who continue to question whether President Obama was born in the United States, saying nothing the White House can do will put the issue to rest.

"No, the God's honest truth is no — let's understand this," Gibbs, the White House press secretary, said when a reporter asked if there is anything more the administration can do to satisfy those who question where the president was born.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
There you have it from the White House Press Secretary in Information Czar. There is nothing the White House or the Administration or President Obama is willing to do to settle this controversy other than to point to a non-government entity posting a facsimile of a Birth Certificate certified by non-Government entities as being legitimate even though they have not the skills, power or authority to do so.

Birthers are for the time being at least anyway relegated to political fringe, mentally unstable, potential terrorists status that nothing reasonable can or should be done to placate or put their fears at ease by the man who calls himself President of the United States and wishes to live above the law and above scrutiny because…well he wants too!

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
grrrr this is rediculous! Everything Obama related I read literally boils my blood! (and not in a violent way, it just pisses me off!)

[edit on 27-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Yet the issue will not go away as evidenced by this comment from a U.S. Senator in recent days.

Gibbs comments come the same day Oklahoma Sen. James Inhofe was quoted in Politico as saying those who question Obama's citizenship — who have collectively become known as "birthers" — "have a point."

Inhofe, a Republican, later issued a statement attempting to clarify that statement.

"The point that they make is the Constitutional mandate that the U.S. President be a natural born citizen, and the White House has not done a very good job of dispelling the concerns of these citizens," he said in the statement. "My focus is on issues where I can make a difference to stop the liberal agenda being pushed by President Obama."

I find this statement to be much more reasonable, maybe Obama is a natural citizen, maybe he isn't but he has done an incredibly poor job at dealing with the issue straightforwardly and while he continues to use lawyers to stymie a multitude of court cases now its turned into a media and White House public relations campaign to villify the people with questions and not the President for not meeting a reasonable threshhold in the forums and way he chooses to answer them.

Stay tuned for what the birthers give birth too next!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer
grrrr this is rediculous! Everything Obama related I read literally boils my blood!

Jess I fear you believe me. It's a shame that the ideals you fought for as a Marine and you and your family sacrificed blood and life for aren't shared by the current occupant of the White House.

We just all that really care about the truth have to keep speaking up and out.

The squeeky wheel eventually gets the grease or maybe in our case the grease gun.

Thanks for posting!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Birthers are terrorists and will be dealt with by the soon to be appointed birth certificate Czar.

The Czar will ensure that no one question Obama's birth place.

On a lighter note

If Obama showed proof of the original, most of this would go away.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Couldn't they just make this go away by showing us the document they claim to have stored away in that vault.

What happened to all the open government we were promised?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Couldn't they just make this go away by showing us the document they claim to have stored away in that vault.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Birthers are terrorists and will be dealt with by the soon to be appointed birth certificate Czar.

The Czar will ensure that no one question Obama's birth place.

On a lighter note

My thoughts exactly! Just show real proof and we will all shut up for f's sakes!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Mom always said I would come to no good! A terrorist dealt with by the Birth Certificate Czar

I bet that will give the folks something at family reunions to talk about.

At least mine are held in the United States and not Kenya!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

Looks like it's been closed for repairs!

I mean you like this more closed secretive government that every piece of legislation it produces is so critical and dealing with such an emergency it has to just be rushed through and passed without reading it first don't you?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Yeah, but it's a lot more expensive and difficult to seal it away and keep it hidden, and in order to perform his job as president with uniform methodology, he must take the expensive, difficult, unexplainable and illogical approach to this.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541

Yeah, but it's a lot more expensive and difficult to seal it away and keep it hidden, and in order to perform his job as president with uniform methodology, he must take the expensive, difficult, unexplainable and illogical approach to this.

I wonder where all the money is coming from that Obama is using to pay the legal teams he's been employing to keep the court cases from seeing the light of day?

The Tax Payers, the Democratic Party, what's left of his Campaign Funds or out of his own pocket?

Who is paying for him to get away with this?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
None of the cases have even been accepted for a hearing because the whole concept is ridiculous, and they haven't required ANY legal defense. Millions spent? Please....

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The part the OP left out:

"I almost hate to indulge in such an august setting as the White House briefing room discussing the made up fictional nonsense of whether the president was born in this country," Gibbs continued. "A year and a half ago, I asked that the birth certificate be put on the Internet. Because Lord knows if you got a birth certificate and you put it on the internet, what else could be the story? "Here's the deal. If I had some DNA, it wouldn't assuage those who don't believe he was born here," Gibbs also said. "I have news for them and all of us. The president was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, the 50th state of the greatest country on the face of the earth. He is a citizen."

He didn't say unwilling, he said unable. (thought you guys would jump on that)

Anyway: lemme try again:
Nothing issued in hawaii is called "vault copy" or "long form". They went paperless in 2001 and there is no "vault" holding a "copy" there is a database holding a record, a file.
You can't really show that to people (well you could but it would read like "01000100001111001111000111010101101001010101010" and so on.)

Now what you can show to people is what you get if you query said database, and that is called a COLB. Also remember that in the US its a duty of the state to record births, not the federal government. What is true in your neck of the woods isn't true in others.

But you go on patting each other on the back, demanding Obama produce just the right shade of pink unicorn.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hahaa...

"Here's the deal. If I had some DNA, it wouldn't assuage those who don't believe he was born here," Gibbs also said. "I have news for them and all of us. The president was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, the 50th state of the greatest country on the face of the earth. He is a citizen."

You're exactly right Gibbs just like the internet fake certificate DNA wouldn't show where he was born either! Just show us the damned vaulted BC!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I loved this part:

Reporter: Why not release more documents? The longer form for like $12?

Gibbs: Because for $15 I can make up a website and say anything I want.

So true

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The birther movement is being used to discredit any and all conspiracy theories. People look at ATS and any conspiracy theorist now as a complete joke. I have to hand it to the neo-cons they have managed to silence 9/11 truth and any other conspiracies for all eternity. Well played.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by debunky

First maybe you have never started a thread on ATS it allows you to post 500 words from the News Article being quoted and a link to the article.

If you look at every thread I have ever posted it is always the first 500 words of the article.

ATS does not allow a thread to be posted in the news forum with out a link to the article and the link is there for you to read the article which obviously you did.

What you might not have read is Obama's book about his father where he clearly writes he has his birth certificate the long form issued at the time of birth and is looking at it while thinking about his father and writing the book.

What happened to that Birth Certificate? Has it been magically reduced to 0s and 1s too?

Do you work for the State of Hawaii? Has the State of Hawaii said it has destroyed all old paper records and digitized them?

Can you reference that in a provable way.

Finally what the Press Secretary said is not only was the White House Briefing room to stately and innapropriate a forum for release of more information but that he felt it would be pointless and fruitless to release any information anywhere.

Obama's own book proves he has the long form he writes about it.

So why did he go for a condensed recently issued version that excludes pertinent data available on the long form?

Why did he release through a private not for profit political entity instead of to the U.S. Congress or Justice Department?

Why are you angry that a man whose own relatives either betrayed him or mispoke or their words got lost in translation have they themselves called into question where he was actually born?

Why are you angry that a man who possessed an Indonesian Passport and was adopted in Indonesia would cause Americans to be concerned as to whether he really is a natural born citizen.

Why would a short form from Hawaii that has long had a policy of letting people born anywhere record the birth in Hawaii as long as it is within a year of birth not suffice in the eyes of many people?

Do you actually know what lawyers have been hired by Obama and how much if anything they have been paid and can provide proof of that?

Or would you just like your anger and indignation and assumptions to continue to suffice for facts?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Can you reference that in a provable way.

Ahhhh.... How I wish birthers would follow your lead.

Proof. Verifiable. Please.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join