It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CEASEFIRE DECLARED: AT&T Unblocks 4Chan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
AT&T had no idea what they were getting themselves into and the genius that decided to block 4chan is probably going to suffer for the decision. Didn't they think about this first? These are the guys who rigged the most influential person poll to put their founder above folks like Obama.

On the flip side, AT&T can give 4chan posters some troubles if they want. It is against the law to manipulate stock prices and the lies and rumors surrounding the false death claims, done for the purpose of hurting the stock price, can be seen as intentional manipulation.

IF 4chan is never blocked, there is no proof they make those false rumors...

It is simply the effect of the cause.....

If A does not happen then B will not happen.........

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax
Look everyone,

you can laugh all you want, this was a GOVERNMENT-RUN TEST

What better domain to block that would test the internet community's resolve?

Answer:

4CHAN

This was a scripted test, to gauge reaction to a shut-down of a major user content generated domain.

ATT/NSA

Watch what happens these next few days!

There will be other domains tested.

MARK TIME AND DATE I SAID THIS!

I don't think they understand though........You would think some simpathetic hackers across the globe would stand up to this if it ever got to the point where internet is being blocked from the people of America everywhere.....

Don't F with hackers...........That is all they do ................They have hidden power...

I can't agree with the things they do as they hurt innocent people sometimes but I am smart enough to know you don't F with hackers...

They can make your life a living hell.......

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DraconianKing
Seriously, you ain't missing anything and your life will only be better not knowing that place exists. But if you insist, 4chan.org is where it's at.

Yeah, I don't think I'll be one of their most avid participant either. It practically put me to sleep to hear these people whining about their perpetual virginity and other nonsense.

Whatever. AT&T is working on the /b/ and /r9k/ forums now for anyone to whom it might matter.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Never underestimate the power of large numbers of stupid people. Given the ineptitude of such large ISPs this may very well have been a case of accidental stupidity on the part of some NOC technician, however I hope for their sake that their personal details are never revealed because Anon/4chan is not known for their sense of restraint.

That being said I don't put 4chan very high on the tech power meters simply because their actions so far are low level and more prankster-esque than true motivated hacking. The real scary group out there right now is anti-sec who have been actively taking on the security professionals, those guys are more deserving of fear than the miscreants at the chans.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

Only because they have not banded together for anything important. WHat they have done so far has been mostly for the lulz.

But if you think they can't do a mighty feat, I believe you to be mistaken. AT&T is very very lucky that this was called off.

From what I was seeing in different IRC channels . . . it would have been bad. Moot was holding them in check just to garner support from the public before letting the /b/tards loose.

These people already have plans and the know-how to do stuff. They are just waiting for the opportunity to use them. This was almost it.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DraconianKing

I wouldn't recommend that, you will see things that will scar you for life. You could be scrolling down through some interesting stuff and then suddenly WTF? OH MY EYES, IT BURNS IT BURNS!!!

Can you give us an example perhaps of this scarring for life.. trauma you speak of type content ? You dont have to link anything just share an experience you've had that scarred ya because it sounds like you're speaking from experience. My interest is peaked a little by this.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by disfugured
reply to post by DraconianKing

I wouldn't recommend that, you will see things that will scar you for life. You could be scrolling down through some interesting stuff and then suddenly WTF? OH MY EYES, IT BURNS IT BURNS!!!

Can you give us an example perhaps of this scarring for life.. trauma you speak of type content ? You dont have to link anything just share an experience you've had that scarred ya because it sounds like you're speaking from experience. My interest is peaked a little by this.

One Man One Jar.

That's all you need to know.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

One Man One Jar.

Dude, thats no better than the last response! Leaving enough info for interest to peak.. right before I blow my load, big fat granny walks into the picture displaying her big old saggy utters..

Please, tell more.

I'd rather not visit this site seeing how many have mentioned its festering with hackers and ads. If you've been there, give a little more.

You left just enough to allow my imagination to run wild.. speculation is taking over.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   

My curiosity got the best of me..

Now I know why you didnt respond nor say more than you have..

Not sure why I watched the whole thing either..

The things people do when they're bored..

I need to watch care bears or something now before I head for bed.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by disfugured

Good god . . . I decided to google it.

I wish I hadn't.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Oh man i had repressed that now its all come flooding back.Thanks

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by disfugured

My curiosity got the best of me..

Now I know why you didnt respond nor say more than you have..

Not sure why I watched the whole thing either..

The things people do when they're bored..

I need to watch care bears or something now before I head for bed.

That is just the very tip of the iceberg unfortunately.

They like baby gore and actual murder movies.

Desensitizing the masses, don't forget the tape for the eyelids

EDIT to add, PM me...

[edit on 28-7-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Although the picture posted at the start was not bad here is a link to one of the images preferred by the more powerful members of 4chan's /b/ board and similair sites.

anonymou s image

I think it is completely wrong (not to say moronic) to block even part of 4chan.

If you do not like their stuff then ignore it. They do a lot more for freedom of information than most anyway.

-Cauch1

[edit on 29/7/2009 by Cauch1]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join