It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Made In The USA With American Stupidity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Long before "No Child Left Behind", our educational system had been going down the drain. Not since the 50's have we been ranked number 1... No, since then we've had a steady climb down the ladder, in world educational rankings.

This article is mainly about a highway sign erected in Wisconson. Not only was it "Made In The USA", but it was made by the degenerates who now own the title of US American. Every word in the sign, save "exit" was mispelled by a privately contracted company.

Ah, yes, lets' be good American's, and bash the company, and it's employees for their stupidity!!! Wait a second, the company passed all the licensing, and insurance checks to be a State Contractor. So, in the eyes of the State They're qualified. Ah, and least we forget about the State worker's who erected, or over saw the erection of said sign.

America The Land Of Fat Ignorant Bliss. That's what we've become. The best little kept secret the world over; well, that is to we US Americans. Most other nations know our ignorance. Here's the link, and snippet.

Made In The USA With Fat Ignorance

You may do a double-take the next time you drive south past the Business 51 exit in Rothschild. A road sign that was put up within the last week has every word misspelled, except the word 'exit'.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

[edit on 27-7-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Yeah, that's funny!
But besides that, the situation is rather sad. I'm glad that I have been raised with a different educational system outside of this country. So, I have the comparison between different educational systems and I have to admit the public school system in the US is a little bit more than a joke.

Here people decide to go to college to party.....not to get an education!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

LMAO, if you hate your country so bad and think we are all so stupid why dont you move somewhere else? So one company messes up one sign and now we are all stupid? You have to be kidding!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

He is not kidding, even was on oprah, Usa have gone from to TOP class to way down on the list when it comes to school edjucation..

And I think I know why.
If you do a search on google or you tube : UN's Agenda 21
You'll see that this Agenda 21 is all about making our kids Dumb, yes, making dumb people that will follow the government..

It is not even a joke....

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

LMAO, if you hate your country so bad and think we are all so stupid why dont you move somewhere else? So one company messes up one sign and now we are all stupid? You have to be kidding!

No i don't think that's what he means by this post, i mean, somebody has to say something about it, and not let it slip, otherwise, sooner more than later, it will become a regular issue, as it has happened on the net already, and with txt speak, and nobody will care, it will become the usual stuff, have you seen the movie Idiocracy, it could end up like that

It used to be that people on the net criticized those who said 'to' instead of 'too', 'there' instead of 'their' as so on, after a while, some people started to say, well give them a chance, they are not from English speaking countries and because of some other reasons they must be allowed to misspell words, instead of learning the proper spelling, well guess what, right now, there are quite a few people here and in other boards, all of theme American born, using 'there' instead of 'their' 'then' instead of 'than', 'to' instead of 'too' and more, and funnily enough 'too' instead of 'to'
why? well..

Edited 'cause i can't spell !!!

[edit on 27-7-2009 by Kaifan]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
school edjucation..

HAHAHAAHAH, its EDUCATION. HAHAHAAHAH. You sure dont make yourself appear very credible when you have such blatent spelling errors.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaifan

It use to be that people on the net criticized those who said 'to' instead of 'too', 'there' instead of 'their' as so on, after a while, some people started to say, well give them a chance, they are not from English speaking countries and because of some other reasons they must be allowed to misspell words, instead of learning the proper spelling, well guess what, right now, there are quite a few people here and in other boards, all of theme American born, using 'there' instead of 'their' 'then' instead of 'than', 'to' instead of 'too' and more, and funnily enough 'too' instead of 'to'
why? well..

Dont forget the ever famous 'word'... irregardless. That is tossed around now like it is actually a word, and it makes my skin crawl when I hear the ignorant masses use it and totally botch the English language in numerous other ways.

[edit on 7/27/2009 by frey51]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
meh, american spelling is pretty dubious to begin with, they insist on spelling a good number of words incorrectly. at least "buisness" instead of "business" is a typo, "color" instead of "colour" is a matter of principle.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by frey51

school edjucation..

HAHAHAAHAH, its EDUCATION. HAHAHAAHAH. You sure dont make yourself appear very credible when you have such blatent spelling errors.

I see your point. But I excuse my self by not being from any english speaking contry !

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Maybe they are starting a new fad up there in chilly Wisconsin. Misspell everything as a social class movement. Refuse to spell anything correctly, make up your own language and stop conforming to mediocrity. Who cares if words are spelled wright?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

school edjucation..

I see your point. But I excuse my self by not being from any english speaking contry !

I didn't even notice that you were from Norway. My bad
, kudos to you for being bilingual. Unfortunatly I cannot say that for myself, although I am in the process of leaning Dutch.

Fry

[edit on 7/27/2009 by frey51]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Cmoe on gyus, cna't we all jsut get alnog.

If yuo can raed tihs myabe we'er all jsut a ltitle mroe spaceil tahn all the ohtres.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

school edjucation..

shouldn't that be "don't" and isn't it spelled "blatant"?

[edit on 27/7/09 by pieman]

[edit on 27/7/09 by pieman]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
If you can raed tihs tehn you shuold hvae no prboelm undretsadning waht is wrtiten on taht sgin.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
OK - edited out - looks like a few caught the 'education' sp back there - very funny

I do make some unintentional errors occasionally - but I also use a unique form of grammar when I am writing on the net.

Instead of comma's, semi colons and colons, I sometimes like to use hyphens - like that - because I just like the way it looks, and it breaks the sentence up more visually and effectively than comma's, colons and semi colons do.

I still use the above grammatical tools in formal writing though. The other thing I do is dropping apostrophe's - in fact, I think we could live without them unless they are needed to denote ownership.

Youre, arent, theyre, wouldnt and so on have been around long enough that we should know they are contractions - and in the digital age, its just a wasted keystroke in my opinion.

On the other hand - there are a lot of indispensable grammatical rules that just get trampled on the net, so much so, that some posters look like they never learned English at all.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by Amagnon]

[edit on 27-7-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5 oClock
Cmoe on gyus, cna't we all jsut get alnog.

If yuo can raed tihs myabe we'er all jsut a ltitle mroe spaceil tahn all the ohtres.

Yeah i can understand perfectly, it says:

If you can red these may be were all just a little more spacial then all the others

[edit on 27-7-2009 by Kaifan]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I live a lil north of that sign, its was all over our local news. Just laugh it off because 1 person making a spelling error says nothing about the state of our education system. We get exactly what we pay the government for, if it was concluded that a foreign country did to our education system what the government has, it would be considered an act of war. You want the U.S. back at the top of that list? Get our government out of the education system.

P.S. I lol'd....most of you attacking others for misspellings have your own errors. PROOFREAD PEOPLE!!! DAMN

./end

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I get annoyed by Americans spelling lose as loose and boarder instead of border.I used to think they just kept their finger on the o key when it comes to loose by accident.But it's so damn widespread its unbelievable.The CIA must be trying some mass mind control technique or something.Im not a grammar nazi though.If i can read something it has done the job...but it annoys the living hell out of me.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Ah - all the result of just one guy you think? So was it the person who wrote it out, or copied it - or the supervisor, or the guys who installed it??

Sounds like a pyramid of incompetence to me.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Holy crap, the dumbing down of people must work, because not one understood the agenda 21 of making dumb americans..

Uhhhh !!!!
We will get it right the third time..

[edit on 27/7/2009 by ChemBreather]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join