It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA shuts down conspiracycon.com

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

CIA shuts down conspiracycon.com

Underneath the google heading for conspiracycon.com it says "This site has been closed by order of the CIA."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I wanted to see if there was any new footage from this years conspiracycon in CA. So I searched google and found under the heading of the official website that the site had been shutdown by the CIA. I'm thinking it's not really, and was a PR stunt.
Why would the CIA shut down the site, only to announce it.
It would be like admitting someone was onto something...
Anybody know anything about this...?

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by briantaylor

I can't seem to find the link in your post. I will look for conspiracycon though. That is strange if it is true.

Edited to add that I did do a search on the name and found this. I didn't go to the site though.

This site has been closed by order of the CIA! 7 of the world's most controversial researchers to convene in the Bay Area May 26 & 27 2001.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Could very well be a publicity stunt.

The owner may claim CIA shut him down to gain popularity.

Just a guess.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
sorry about no link.
I just did a google search.
There is no source listed because I can't find any news stories about this.
Either it's not news, or I am the source.

I know Conspiracycon 09 was held because there are some videos on youtube.

When you click on the website conspiracycon.com it goes to one of those "search" pages that has nothing to do with the actual website.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It just shows one of those general pages you get when your host service has taken down your page now. Though the thing you are stating is still held in cache by google.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
the fact that the link info says " 7 of the world's most controversial researchers to convene in the Bay Area May 26 & 27 2001." would mean that it's been that way a long time, would it not?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by briantaylor

1. I really doubt the CIA would close down a website unless it had some national security related info posted. Which I highly doubt conspiracycon.com would posess, since it is probably ran by some looser in his mothers basement.
2. If the CIA did close down a site, I doubt they are going to put up a big sign that says CLOSED BY CIA.

[edit on 7/27/2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I just looked through the cached pages on Google and could find nothing that would warrant it being shutdown. The cache seemed pretty recent, too. I'm thinking it's a stunt, unless someone comes out with some more info on the situation.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Never heard of it.
I'm thinking ... marketing ploy.
Whatever.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This is what Wikipedia says about Conspiracy Con:

Conspiracy Con is an annual conspiracy convention that was begun in 2001 by Brian William Hall and takes place in Santa Clara, California, USA
---
The primary goals of Conspiracy Con are to directly expose and analyze the "real" problems and the "real" problem-makers of yesterday, today and tomorrow, as well as to provide courses of action and potential solutions to the challenges that are placed upon humankind by these forces, which (for the moment) may seem invisible, perpetual and insurmountable

en.wikipedia.org...

Apparantly Jim Marrs has been one of their past speakers, and he is a member and Conspiracy Master here ATS with his own forum. Perhaps the OP can get some more information about Conspiracy Con from him?

This is the link to his thread called "BEST WAY TO ASK ME QUESTIONS":
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Found at youtube:

Conspiracy Con 2009 Will Blow Your Mind

in a youtube search

I might have seen a few UFO videos I have.
911 was represented.
Bill Lyne might not had gone, looks like a marketing convention.
ED: Yeah, just a thought. Amazon and other marketers want $200
for early issue Bill Lyne books and deny they have the latest at
$15 or so. Bill says Barker and Taylor says they can't find his
books. CIA must be printing all the other Aline books and flooded
the market with books that don't sell and get returned.

[edit on 7/27/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I think a WHOIS shows a bit more information on the topic.

Domain Name: conspiracycon.com
Creation Date: 23-jul-2000
Expiration Date: 23-jul-2010
Updated Date: 24-jul-2009

Facts:

1. Google last cached his website on 22-jul-2009.
2. The last time Google indexed & cached the page it had the following meta tags for a description "meta name="description" content="This site has been closed by order of the CIA! 7 of the world's most controversial researchers to convene in the Bay Area May 26 & 27 2001. David Icke, Jordan Maxwell and others...""
3. The domain name was up for renewal on 23-jul-2009
4. The domain name lapsed on 23-jul-2009 and fell into Enom's Grace Period at which point they changed the DNS Servers from his Web Host's DNS Servers to their Default DNS Servers to show an advertising page to gain revenue while the domain name was in the recovery period.
5. The domain name was renewed on 24-jul-2009 by original Registrant.
6. The DNS Servers were not changed by the Registrant from Default DNS to his Web Host's DNS Servers.

It does not appear that the CIA shut down his site, but the Registrant simply staged it to appear thus.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Our discussion is on a Google search.

Google catches a Jul 22, 2009 22:50:19 GMT page.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It's done by the webpage author. Look at the cache of the page, then look at the source code.

Here's the HTML (I removed some of the hmtl code so that it wouldn't try and compute):

Welcome to Conspiracy Con 2009
meta ?="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
meta name="keywords" content="conspiracy conference, conspiracycon, david icke, jordan maxwell, john coleman, len horowitz, william thomas, william lyne, ufo, ufos, aliens, et, extraterrestrials, x files, area 51, mk ultra, implants, coverups, kennedy, kennedy assassination, illuminati, the biggest secret, children of the matrix, secret societies, commitee of 300, emerging viruses, chemtrails, pentagon aliens, bay area ufo expo, robert perala, divine blueprint, mike siegel, coast to coast, coast to coast am, ian punnett, art bell, barbara simpson">
meta name="description" content="This site has been closed by order of the CIA! 7 of the world's most controversial researchers to convene in the Bay Area May 26 & 27 2001. David Icke, Jordan Maxwell and others...">

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Here are some links from the Internet Archive WaybackMachine.
See: web.archive.org...*/conspiracycon.com

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The webmaster can list any description they want under their search result heading. This is what happened.

On a side note:

The CIA would NEVER tell the general internet community that they were responsible for shutting down a site.

Trust me, there are more clandestine ways to keep you from viewing the info you searched for.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This little stunt just shows the idiocy of some people who are desperate to prove to people what they believe. They aren't interested in the truth, only creating fantasies for their sad little lives. Absolutely pathetic!

A note to everyone: please email the owner of the site and tell him to grow up. Make him feel stupid for being such a fool.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax
The webmaster can list any description they want under their search result heading. This is what happened.

On a side note:

The CIA would NEVER tell the general internet community that they were responsible for shutting down a site.

Trust me, there are more clandestine ways to keep you from viewing the info you searched for.

For a start no conspiracy theory website has the credibility to be taken seriously with the countless rubbish that's posted on them. So if for some apparent reason some important details were posted, they would get lost amongst the trash.

And the CIA wouldn't label that they removed a website's content. That would still be a laughable claim even if they had removed it, never mind with the lack of evidence that they did, and evidence which actually shows the websites owner put that page there himself.

If he claims he put that there under instructions of the CIA, then that would be even more laughable, and prove to us how much of a sad twit he is.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
It only has adverts placed there now possibly by the owner or the server: TheHostPros.com

Maybe he closed the website down, and just left a message there for a joke by the sounds of it before removing it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join