It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another thread teaching presence and oneness

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Hello to You Each and All!

Now if You have gone through this thread and tried some of the meditation practices described herein and found One's Self in a still, quiet place, I now have a riddle or koan for You to help ground that Awareness permanently so that if can be kept in all aspects, all activity and all interactions. The koan is for ruminating on and may seem nonsensical from a duality viewpoint. That is it's purpose: to look beyond the dualistic nature of Mind and "see" with the abject clarity of Pure Consciousness. When One has the answer to the koan, One at that point, very simply just is...

It see's but cannot be seen. It hears but cannot be heard. I feels but cannot be felt. What is it?

In Lovingkindness

=)Namaste

Erik

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Well! No takers for the koan I posted. Quite alright. Doesn't matter anyway. Any part of You that was confused by it is exactly "it". Just rest in that which is confused and just that is Spirit.

Today I would like to introduce a type of simple meditation that I do that is a little different maybe than what You do or have heard of. It is very simply Open Eyed Meditation.

1) Sit in a full or half lotus position and be sure to keep Your posture straight by envisioning a thread attached to the top of Your head pulling You up. This allows for deeper breathing with less effort and aids in not falling asleep.

2) Let Your open eyes gaze upon the floor about 3 feet in front of You.

3) By breathing naturally without consciously augmenting the tempo, focus on the out breath as You would with other meditation techniques. This keeps You present.

4) If You find Yourself getting drowsy or sleepy, let Your gaze move further away toward the horizon. If Your thoughts become too busy and You start to get stuck in them, let Your gaze fall back toward the floor but be mindful of not letting Your eyes close.

The reasoning behind the Open Eyed meditation technique is so You do not isolate Your Self with yet another illusion in Your perception in the World of Opposites: Inside and Outside. There is only "Here". When the dawning of that realization and re-membering hits, open eyed is exactly what You want to BE.

In Lovingkindness,

=)Namaste

Erik

<< 1  2  3   >>

join