It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China: Huge UFO event gets massive media coverage, photo

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
Interesting, almost a little suspicious, that if someone/thing wants certain things to remain secret. (the existance of ET for eg) Then why show up, right at a time when you know there will be lots of people looking up.

Well think about it this way;

Solar Eclipse bringing darkness over China - perhaps this is one time it really is a Chinese Lantern?!

But joking aside, the URL in the OP causes google-chrome to take me to a Malicious Web page redscreen. And I can't read squares so the image could be anything?

Also, no-one knows, given IF there are UFO's visiting Earth, that they want to be unseen. We assume it. They might not care if they disturb the ant-nest but understand the ants will carry on as normal, if they don't.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
wow! I have been waiting for this to come for a long time! This UFO is for real. Mark my words: everyone will see plenty of those in the near future.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
Interesting, almost a little suspicious, that if someone/thing wants certain things to remain secret. (the existance of ET for eg) Then why show up, right at a time when you know there will be lots of people looking up.

And after a little googling, I'm none the wiser as to what a Axthadan probe is. I'm guessing that Axthadan refers to a race of alien, and they have probes of some sort. (allegedly, at least)

I can't begin to guess as to whether this is real, but, I don't think that your first question really is a valid one to ask. This is not an attack by the way. I'm just doing some very superficial speculation. There could be multiple reasons why they would show up for people to see.

1. They really could care less whether the locals of the earth view them, the same way that we don't care if ants see us.
2. Maybe they actually wanted to show off
3. Maybe it was in an area that they were specifically trying to study.
4. Maybe they got lost
The list could go on and on.

And no...I've never heard of an Axthadan probe either.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
The guy is bunk, i recieved a slightly abusive email from the guy after pointing out one of his videos on youtube was taken from a different source with commentary of what the original taper thought it was, but cohen used a copy with music and claimed it was an probe with the actual aliens in the background. After his correspondence with me he took the video down yesterday and claimed it was a hoax, today the video is back up in its original form and different blurb again. Which is suprising since he claimed the guy from Perth who filmed it was either a drug addict or had a mental illness.
Please do not bring any stories from his site to this. The Moderators here have banned all mention of it which is why your links dont work.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by pazcat]

Well, I wouldn't call him bunk because you decided to confront him and possibly make rude comments. But, its healthy to stay skeptical on the subject because there are tons of frauds out there...so, I understand your position.

And, I guess if he actually SAID that it was a hoax, then you have all rights to come to that conclusion.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit

Originally posted by silo13
Here's another UFO from about the same time, but, I'm going to have to look at a
map to see how close they might have been in distance.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by silo13]

These videos also from China show similar objects with lights in the sky. Are these
exhibitions with RC models?

Yeah...after seeing these links that you have posted, it definitely appears to be suspicious. Out of all of the UFO vids I have ever seen, these seem to be pretty cheap impressions. However, it may be possible that these are what the real things look like. I highly doubt it though.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Well we forget very easy here on ats i guess, Michael Cohan.. the name rings a bell... oh yeah! that's it , wasn't he the loser that tried to make us believe that France was going to disclose the presence of alien life forms here on earth a while back ? big surprise what happened. France didn't disclose and he is on our"phoney" list now. this man is not to be taken seriously.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdm2104
However, in my experience Chinese people generally seem more open to UFOs/ETs than western people. I get the sense if you're interested in the subject people don't look down on you as much as if you're crazy.

Poll probes Americans' belief in UFOs, life on other planets

Most Americans say it is very likely or somewhat likely that humans are not alone in the universe and that intelligent life exists on other planets.

Only a third of adults, however, believe it's either very likely or somewhat likely that intelligent aliens from space have visited our planet, according to a survey of 1,003 adults conducted by Scripps Howard News Service and Ohio University.

The poll revealed that one in every 12 Americans has seen a mysterious object in the sky that might have been a visitor from another world, while nearly one in every five personally knows someone who has seen an unidentified flying object.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Here’s a GREAT link to UFO’s and the Timeline of UFO’s in China starting in the 1600’s.

Click Here

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
dont know if this has been posted, but his articles is still to be found at that site, you just have to go to the website and find it in the left side of the page.

interesting picture.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by makkerskilap]

[edit on 28-7-2009 by makkerskilap]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by makkerskilap

Please don't post anything by *that man*.

This thread is NOT about him, it's about a UFO in China and the report was taken from three independent Chinese newspapers.

Edit your post please, thanks.

peace

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

I posted something similar. the consensus was its some kind of mylar balloon.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   

reply to post by makkerskilap

Please don't post anything by *that man*.

This thread is NOT about him, it's about a UFO in China and the report was taken from three independent Chinese newspapers.

Edit your post please, thanks.

peace

The problem is, as soon as Cohen is linked to a case, the case is immediately written off as BS.

He's done a lot of damage to people who are trying to take a sensible approach to all of this.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Here's another UFO from about the same time, but, I'm going to have to look at a map to see how close they might have been in distance.

Multicolored UFO filmed in China, video

Changsha, the capital city of Hunan Province has had more than its fair share of UFO events. Earlier this year in April, All News Web posted a story about a UFO that was seen above the city twice in two days. This event received extensive media coverage within China. Since then there have been at least half a dozen UFO sightings by residents of the city.
This most recent footage (below) appears to have been filmed out of someone’s living room window. The UFO shown in the film was probably seen by numerous locals.

UFO and paranormal personality Michael Cohen is not convinced: ‘My research suggest that real extraterrestrial craft do not use flashing lights. This is probably a kite fitted with lighting but we cannot be certain’.

Hmm, I don't like the part about the kite, but, ya never know!

peace

[edit on 27-7-2009 by silo13]

Maby I'm skeptic but it looks like this.

Some artistic performance mad by artist Peter Coffin.

Whole article
www.dezeen.com...

[edit on 28-7-2009 by odyseusz]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

The problem is, as soon as Cohen is linked to a case, the case is immediately written off as BS.
He's done a lot of damage to people who are trying to take a sensible approach to all of this.

Ok, so if the report from three newspapers just said this it would have been great right?

In the Deqing region of Guangdong province in China on July 22 schoolchildren gathered on the roof, much like millions of their fellow students, to witness the solar eclipse.

it turns out they saw much more than just the solar eclipse nor were they the only ones taking an interest in the event.

As they were concentrating on the sun a UFO was seen clearly by all the students as it directly obstructed their view.

The UFO was a classic silver disc shaped flying saucer. It zigzagged for a while and then after a few minutes shot off at a terrific speed.

One student managed to capture the UFO on a cellphone camera as seen below. The footage has been handed in to authorities for examination.

This UFO event has received massive media coverage and has been reported in all major Chinese newspapers.

So why does this guys opinion, change the above facts?

It doesn't.

It isn’t like he reported it - the kids did.

He was asked about it - the wrong thing for them to do - or - he jumped on their bandwagon.

But it still doesn’t change the sighting, and, that a school kid photographed the UFO, subsequently the picture was confiscated by the authorities - does it?

LDN

China News

News 163 China

peace

[edit on 28-7-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I agree with you.

It's a bit like having Moussain present something.

Even if it's a reasonable case, all the alarm bells go off.

Anyway, back to the case.....it's a shame the picture isn't clearer.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

Anyway, back to the case.....it's a shame the picture isn't clearer.

I have to laugh.
My first thought was 'Wow, in China of all places I thought school kids would have better cameras"
eeek!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   

reply to post by Sam60

Thanks again for being civil - I know nothing about this guy and am just trying to get to teh bottom of this news story.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by silo13]

He's Michael Cohen & he's been banned from ATS twice for spamming & causing trouble.

He runs a site that fabricates &/or mispresents many, many UFO "cases".

As you can see from my signature, he doesn't mind the occasional "carve up" if you disagree with him about something.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

Also, no-one knows, given IF there are UFO's visiting Earth, that they want to be unseen. We assume it. They might not care if they disturb the ant-nest but understand the ants will carry on as normal, if they don't.

Maybe they wanted to study us - studying the sun?

Who knows?

But I really like your quote.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Michael Cohen = -- = disinfo and hoax kings.

Best regards

Loke.:.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join