It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have every right in the world to whoop ya kid's..PLZ start I am sick of all the punk's

page: 28
<< 25  26  27   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I laugh when I saw a Simpson's episode where Nelson was made to wear a shock collar.
Sad to say that is what many children I see running amok at the malls now less than 15 years later actually need.

Shame on the parent's for not gaining the child's respect before it got to that stage.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Not spanking a child when it deserves it leads to the obvious. They grow up thinking they are invincible and can do as they please without consequences.

TPTB know this.

This sets a perfect scenario to medicate the children later because of "mental illness". And the stressed out parents can probably do with some "help" too...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
We adopted 3 children ( 2 from Mongolia and One from China) after having 5 children. Our "Bio" children where physically reprimanded when need be ( seldom and usually with a safety issue) BUT we had to sign a document that we would NEVER spank our adopted children..and we never have.

The little ones are 6, 8 and 9- doesn't seem to have negatively affected them in any way.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Try telling that to the many families that have been killed by their own kids!

I whoop my daughter sometimes, but I explain to her why she got whooped and I do not yell at her. She does not do timeout crap, and I feel it's foolish to send your child to a corner for something bad they did... and will continue to do as soon as they get out of the corner. You have to explain to them why they got in trouble and punish them so they remember. If I tickled my kid for hitting my dog with a stick... what is that teaching them? That's it's funny??? So what are you going to do when they steal your car with a friend when they get older? Is that a time out too? Maybe when they drain your bank account for drugs and pawn your valuables you might understand what SOME parents go through.

I explain the rules, consequences for not following the rules, and follow through on them. So are you still calling ME lazy?

Walk a mile in person's shoes before you cast judgement...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Originally posted by unityemissions
I appreciate your view, but think it's a bit flawed and out-dated. I think "punks" are more a result of collective pressures. It's a societal problem, not a familial one. Feed their mind with what interests them, and they will grow wise and successful.

Here, my friend, you are SOOO correct. I bolded the part that is especially true.

My book uses this fact, in part, and would be honored if you would read it. It's linked in my sig.

Above is what You replied to...

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz

You make this sound as if this problem runs rampant. Given the number of times I have heard of kids killing Their family members, I would recon that at most, one incident a year is a bit high on pegging the average.

Given this, and presuming seventy five million families in the US - with 300 million people, this is a good approximation, I'm guessing - that makes for a VERY small percentage. Statistically speaking, NIL.

Not so many, actually. And this then suggests that such problems are an aberration, not even remotely a norm. And no, One cannot solve EVERY problem 100%. Aberrations will still appear.

I whoop my daughter sometimes, but I explain to her why she got whooped and I do not yell at her. She does not do timeout crap, and I feel it's foolish to send your child to a corner for something bad they did... and will continue to do as soon as they get out of the corner. You have to explain to them why they got in trouble and punish them so they remember. If I tickled my kid for hitting my dog with a stick... what is that teaching them? That's it's funny??? So what are you going to do when they steal your car with a friend when they get older? Is that a time out too? Maybe when they drain your bank account for drugs and pawn your valuables you might understand what SOME parents go through.

Y'know, I suspect that MY child would do none of those things. But I cannot answer the questions because a great deal more about the situation - Our relationship, number of times the behavior has been manifest, and so on - to come up with a strategy. As for tickling... Believe Me, just because there is laughter involved, does not mean the experience is enjoyable, desired, and sending any "funny" message. Most children avoid being tickled like the plague.

I explain the rules, consequences for not following the rules, and follow through on them. So are you still calling ME lazy?

I'm calling no One lazy here. Why do You ask?

Walk a mile in person's shoes before you cast judgement...

I walked many such miles. I have a child.
edit on 7/19/2011 by Amaterasu because: I failed tags again.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
i am all for it.

and to the posters who claim that getting a spanking just made them want to do more wrong... you obviously werent getting the hint. i mean, how many times can a parent repeat themselves before they tire of talking to someone who isnt listening.

im not saying torture the kids, but a good backhand will get the point across. people today have become too soft. i used to get beat when i would bring home bad grades and talk back... and guess what? i learned to get good grades and not talk back.
edit on 19-7-2011 by BlesUTP because: meh

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz

You make this sound as if this problem runs rampant. Given the number of times I have heard of kids killing Their family members, I would recon that at most, one incident a year is a bit high on pegging the average.

Given this, and presuming seventy five million families in the US - with 300 million people, this is a good approximation, I'm guessing - that makes for a VERY small percentage. Statistically speaking, NIL.

Not so many, actually. And this then suggests that such problems are an aberration, not even remotely a norm.

Watch and read then because it's happened more then a few times over the past few months...

I'm calling no One lazy here. Why do You ask?

And in fact, I think "whooping" is a sign of a lazy parent.

Next time remember what you type...

Older is not always wiser...
edit on 23-7-2011 by SmArTbEaTz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
Treat you kid as an equal, and they will love you and respect you dearly.

You obviously don't have kids and probably are one yourself.

No disrespect, but your opinion is a product of the mentality that's gotten us into the parenting problems we currently have not only with our kids but with the fed also.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Its interesting to read everyone's point of view here, yes I spent the time and read all 28 pages.. it's a slow hot day at my house .

I dont want to say what is right or wrong for anybody or their kids. We all were raised differently and will raise our own spawn to our own accord. What works for one child wont work for the next door neighbors so to speak. Personally Im not a "hitter" Im a "yeller" just ask my kids.
Ive only hit my oldest son one time and that was across the face for lying about drugs. He has been grounded for 11 months now, just recently got his cell phone back so he can at least communicate with the outside world and I will not allow him to get a drivers license until he is 18. In the past 11 months he has pulled all his grades back up to A's and B's, found a job and become more responsible. It sounds pretty harsh to be grounded for eternity but its worked and he is learning that there are consequences for his actions.

Kid's ya just gotta love 'em!

top topics

<< 25  26  27   >>

join