It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have every right in the world to whoop ya kid's..PLZ start I am sick of all the punk's

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
it should be a crucial part of growing. if you mess up, you need to be taught a lesson. the older you get, the harder this is to understand. I would love to spank some adults, because their parents never cared enough to teach them to be decent humans when they where young and still willing to learn

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic Rights
I guess my views will magically change once I have kids, since according to this forum kids apparently make you violent.

Yup. Can't control one's behavior when one is a parent. [wink]

I can attest to the fact that one can choose not to hurt their children and still elicit positive results.

Thank you for your post. I would star it over and over if I could.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
theyr a solution,instead of beating them,just say next time ur going to leave them sleep outside,if they dont like it,let the governemnt send them to a tent somewhere if they think
theyll be better without you.(ur not really gonna do it..exept for the outside sleep part)

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
All of you who do not have kids yet think you know better .... SHUT IT.

Your ideas are retarded and i tried them and NONE WORKED.

The ONLY thing that worked in getting discipline was a good old whack on the rear.

No wonder kids are criminal scum to the max these days.

Fair Warning - Mess with my family and you will regret it eternally. That goes for you too .gov!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by catamaran

I don't have any solid evidence to back this up, but I bet it could be found. I am willing to bet a higher percentage of the homeless, those in prison, or the poor in general were "whooped" as kids. How is that for a rude awakening? Or perhaps there was never an awakening, never a dawn to the wake, merely a rinse, wash, repeat the cycle over and over and over and over...............

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
theyr a solution,instead of beating them,just say next time ur going to leave them sleep outside,if they dont like it,let the governemnt send them to a tent somewhere if they think
theyll be better without you.(ur not really gonna do it..exept for the outside sleep part)

You will go to jail for that. Its called abandoning your children, which WILL lead to them being REALLY harmed physically!

Your advice will lead to death and prison!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by drsmooth23
it should be a crucial part of growing. if you mess up, you need to be taught a lesson. the older you get, the harder this is to understand. I would love to spank some adults, because their parents never cared enough to teach them to be decent humans when they where young and still willing to learn

And you think teaching them that when they don't like the choice that others make it's ok to hit them is a GOOD thing to teach? I think the better lesson is to teach them how to think for themselves and to understand the golden rule.

Do not do unto others (including your children) that which you would not have others do unto you.

Perhaps you would like to be spanked every time you do something another thinks you deserve to be hit for?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Every time i tried time outs or taking their things away, they laughed in my face and continued their bad behavior.

Every time I tried talking to them, they laughed in my face.

Once I smacked that little rear, they shut up and started saying "YES DADDY".

Go figure. Until you have kids your just blowing smoke.

My kid loved writing on the walls, and all of your new age hippy techniques NEVER PUT AN END TO IT!

But one good nice whack on the butt sure ended it fast. Talk about instant results!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by maus80

Your story made me want to tell you a true story.

Last week i was in the store with my wife and kid's.

The couple in front of us checking out had a little girl around age 6..
She started screaming ect.. i want that right there..
Well in front of her was a 70+ age old man
The little girl kicked the living dog crap out of the old man saying give me a candy bar!!!!!!now

The mom told the dad to take her to the car.
I could hear the kid screaming top of her lung's Let me go i want to go back to momma...Where are you taking me!!!

The mom and dad was all smile's...You know that awkward look..as if ashamed of what hey created.

The mom said to the old man "i am sorry about that she get's out of control"
The old man said"I bet your her best friend in the world huh?"
She said "yeah chuckling"
The old man got understood.
It's not the child fault it's the parent's. for not teaching them...There are consequences to your action's in life.
you hit someone ya gonna get hit back.Not a time out.

Well to finish the story.
maybe 10 minute's past.
We walked out side..the father was in handcuff's.
and the mother was in shock..
Remember the little girl screaming?
Let me go i want to go back to momma...Where are you taking me!
Well some new age do gooder's took that as code blue...child being kidnapped.

They had him on the ground outside of his car.
in handcuff's. i was parked beside them btw.
The little girl was laughing now your gonna go to jail daddy..told you to get me a candy bar.

i was laughing my ass off cause it was just so funny.
the mom talking up and down how they never even spank there child....
The cop said i can see that.."She is laughing at him getting arrested "
The kid has no respect...
And it's gonna get yall in trouble if ya don't watch it.
She nodded her head yeah yeah blowing him off..not taking his advice.

they let the dad go after they figure it all out.
But that make's my point in a nut shell.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

The ONLY thing that worked in getting discipline was a good old whack on the rear.

Fair Warning - Mess with my family and you will regret it eternally. That goes for you too .gov!

Well, I have a kid. And so I will speak up in defense of all of them.

You tried tickling when they were very young? You tried the golden rule on them? You tried not TELLING them what to do but saying they have a choice and here would be the consequences of some choices they could make?

I bet you missed these.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I dated a woman with kids for three years, and she loved to spank them. I was able to reason better behavior from them by delicately and cleverly planting seeds that showed their mother's perspective, enabling them to see outside of themselves. They were much happier and much more responsible to this day. I still see them every few weeks, so I do have some sort of experience, and I was able to cause positive change even in the weakening position of not being their "real father." I could be wrong, but your posts betray a knee-jerk anger. Maybe that is why nothing but spanking works. Heck, you can take away any and all priviliges for weeks at a time, but only spanking works. Kids mimic parental behavior; it is an unfortunate truth. If a parent has no emotional control, neither will the child.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by orwellianunenlightenment
reply to post by catamaran

I don't have any solid evidence to back this up, but I bet it could be found. I am willing to bet a higher percentage of the homeless, those in prison, or the poor in general were "whooped" as kids. How is that for a rude awakening? Or perhaps there was never an awakening, never a dawn to the wake, merely a rinse, wash, repeat the cycle over and over and over and over...............

I bet you're right, too.

Though a great many homeless these days were "whooped" by the system and not necessarily at home.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by drsmooth23

No fear, that is why we have these good old hard core LEO's to taze them into compliance!

One up for the cops!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
All this "respect the child" talk started with Benjamin Spock.

The problem is that both extremes of pediatric practice are prejudicial for the correct development of the average child. We can't underestimate the need for forced correction of undesirable child behaviour, and the more resistant the child the more forceful the method needed. The parent (if he is loving and working for the child's best interest and education) must win. This is not negotiable.

Sure, some kids don't need spankings. Some kids only need them a couple of times in their development. Some need more persistant force. This has to be analyzed in a per case basis, not all children are the same.

And those of you opinionated of the "respect my child, violence is always bad" mentality", I'm sorry but you have no idea how evil children can be or what the parental process really is. I'm sorry but you just don't.

It is clear what an abusive parent is, they are always angry and will hit their children just for making some noise. But to apply this type to every spanked child is to miss the reality of the situation.

Never damage a child. But, every now and then, it may be necessary that they feel a bit of pain, depending on their personality and behaviour. It's psychological conditioning and important in raising kids that don't become egomaniac psychopaths.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I agree OP.

S&F for ya.

Im glad my dad was hard on me. If i was nast i got belted or beaten with a shoe. I learned to respect my parents big time.

At the time it was terrible, but now at look back and im glad they were hard on me.

I have friends who were not treated like this who are now dead and in jail. In their late 20's. I think if they had stricter parenting, things may have turned out different for them.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Had to leave the post for a few minutes. My 6 year old spilled pudding right next to his tv. No sweat. He then grabbed a very wet sponge and tried to clean it up. While the tv was on.

Now, those who 'nurture' might have done something different but I love my boy and don't want him electrocuted.

I swatted his hand, raised my voice, and told him in no uncertain terms NEVER, EVER, have water by a tv set.

I cleaned the mess. He is now watching tv, not homeless, not planning to rob a bank, not doing drugs.

I now know that he won't do that again. I don't want him to. He knows what I will do/say if he does do it again.

Boundries.
Limits.
Love.

None of that huggy, they are people with induvidualities, blah, blah, blah.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
reply to post by maus80

Your story made me want to tell you a true story.

Last week i was in the store with my wife and kid's.

The couple in front of us checking out had a little girl around age 6..
She started screaming ect.. i want that right there..
Well in front of her was a 70+ age old man
The little girl kicked the living dog crap out of the old man saying give me a candy bar!!!!!!now

Ok, bad parents. My daughter started that early, and I would always reply, "Yep. There's a LOT in this Universe to want." And moved on. If the parents had gone THAT route, the behavior would be different. The child has learned that if they fuss enough the parent or others will often give in.

As for the rest of the story... Never would have happened.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

Had to leave the post for a few minutes. My 6 year old spilled pudding right next to his tv. No sweat. He then grabbed a very wet sponge and tried to clean it up. While the tv was on.

Now, those who 'nurture' might have done something different but I love my boy and don't want him electrocuted.

I swatted his hand, raised my voice, and told him in no uncertain terms NEVER, EVER, have water by a tv set.

I cleaned the mess. He is now watching tv, not homeless, not planning to rob a bank, not doing drugs.

I now know that he won't do that again. I don't want him to. He knows what I will do/say if he does do it again.

Boundries.
Limits.
Love.

None of that huggy, they are people with induvidualities, blah, blah, blah.

That is exactly how to be a good parent!!!

star plus thumbs up for you mike!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

True that, the system is based on fear, subjugation through fear, all the way to the top. So many are "whooped" by the system. And I think preceding the fear is the belief in false image, the literally MINDLESS appeal to authority (and the authority inevitably wears a mask). I also think the fear leads to vanity, a looking at the false self conceived through fear, and the vanity leads to narcissism, a total entanglement in the false self, and I think that leads to lust, a giving up of self to instinct. The thing is, who programmed those instincts? The system itself. The system is a self-perpetuating butthole, and think of butthole in multiple layers. Territorial thinking could also be called butthole thinking, much like monkeys slinging poo at each other. We can be better.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Thanks muzzleflash. I think there is still hope as long as there are parents willing to PARENT instead of being "best buddies" or friends. . .

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join