It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whos World In Color is Correct?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Im colorblind and i see the world pretty differently from non colorblind people. My question is how do we know that i am the different person...what if I see the world in the true color and you guys are the freaks?? Maybe the sky IS green...maybe Sunkist cans ARE red...maybe the grass is bluish...how do we know that you non colorblind people are correct bout the colors?

[Edited on 9-5-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Im sure there is a medical or scientific experiment that proves them right. But simply put since most people see the colors the same naming non-cb orange, orange. If everyone is Not colorblind there for our color is most likely correct. The color is simply what the person who invited it or invinted the name wanted it to be. Maybe a color blind man named the color orange. But maybe he seen it as our color yellow. Who knows.

-Cory

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Colourblind people are missing a specific type of cone in their eyes. The sky may be green to you, but it isn't to a majority of people. Mabey birds see the world in "true colour" because they can see a greater variety of them. Bottom line: there is no way to see the world in "true colours".

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
But maybe non "colorblind" people have too many of the types of cones....just a thought.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
But maybe non "colorblind" people have too many of the types of cones....just a thought.

Doubt that. Remember, "majority rules" (doesnt seem to work in the govt anymore, but whatever).

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   

You have to realize, there is no correct amount of cones something can have. There is no set amount and everyone probably sees the world a little differently than everbody else. We will never get to see the world as it is because we can't see many things (infra red, ultra violet,etc.)

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Since everyone is talking about how they see. During an eye exam everyone has to take the color test with those numbers, right. I see all the numbers, everyone of them even those only color blind people see. The nurse was impressed, I asked her about it and she mentioned it was rare but not unheard of.

Maybe if you put all of us together, we can see real time!

dz

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Ahh, but here's something even more to ponder.

Who's to say, that my orange is not your blue? Yes, I see the color orange. You also see the color orange, except the color of your orange is the color of my blue, and visa versa. Therefore, we both are in agreement that we see the same color.

Using that, you can almost say that no two people truly see the world in the same light. It's interesting to ponder

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 03:08 AM
link   
There a re lots of way to check...

1) scientific looking at the wave length of the color emitted from the object.

2) concensus, get 100 people line them up and ask them what the color of the can is...

3)comparison, is the color of the orange the same color as the grass?

BTW I like your green avatar

[Edited on 10-5-2004 by Netchicken]

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
BTW I like your green avatar

Thank you...theres a program (ColorCorrection Something) on my computer that adjusts for my colorblindness...it doesnt always work correctly....but its alot easier to play video games and to surf the web...

[Edited on 10-5-2004 by Netchicken]

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   
www.eyetoeyevisioncenter.com...

www.eatstress.com...

Look, there are these contacts and glasses that do help those who cannot see in color as well to see color.

Also, in WWI and WWII, they used colorblind males as sharpshooters because those who are colorblind can "see" through camoflage used by the enemy...

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 05:07 AM
link   
dreamlandmafia

very good questions. I've raised these same questions before (even in some old threads that were discussing colors on Mars etc.) We are raised with a standard that we see. I look at a tree and I see what ever it is I see. I start being taught, even before school, that what I see when I look at a tree is green...so trees are green. I know that. And so it goes for every one who looks at a tree. Whatever "color" they see, they are taught that is green...and that trees are green...

BUT, we haven't got a clue what each other seeing! pfffft

new topics

top topics

join