It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conyers Sees No Point in Members Reading 1,000-Page Health Care Bill--Unless They Have 2 Lawyers to

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Conyers Sees No Point in Members Reading 1,000-Page Health Care Bill--Unless They Have 2 Lawyers to Interpret It for Them

www.cnsnews.com

During his speech at a National Press Club luncheon, the chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, Democratic Congressman John Conyers (D-Mich.), questioned the point of lawmakers reading the health care bill.

“I love these members, they get up and say, ‘Read the bill,’” said Conyers.

“What good is reading the bill if it’s a thousand pages and you don’t have two days and two lawyers to find out what it means after you read the bill?”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This is annoying. It's frustrating. It's highly offensive.

Not sure about you, but I'm quite fed up with our Congressional representatives racing through the approval of legislation with such urgency.

Slow down! Review the legislation. Read the key parts. Think. Analyze. Logically reason the legislation through. Think it all through.

And if these bills are so complex an attorney is needed for each one, then perhaps it is saying something about such legislation.

I may have to vote all incumbents out in my respective Congressional district. I want a clean-slate.

www.cnsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

Do you think Conyers realized how foolish he actually sounded? It is his job to read these bills. It is his job to represent his constituancy,to the best of his ability. I hope the general public get fed up with these foolish politicans,and register enmass into third parties. They need to be taught a lesson!!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Please add to the preceding thread

Closing

top topics

join