It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take that Evil Isreal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

"Correct. Governments control a nation's image, not the people. Americans are thick brain dead people who have been screwed over by despicable "leaders"."

Thats more like it..

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

Would you care to explain on why they are not a decent news source and they are purley entertainment?

Rupert Murdoch, the 132nd richest man in the world and owner of FOX, Myspace, AOL, etc.

"Murdoch's publications have been accused of conservative leanings in comparison with other national newspapers. During the buildup to the 2003 invasion of Iraq, all 175 Murdoch-owned newspapers worldwide editorialized in favor of the war."

Wikipedia

That's my main reason I don't trust someone that rich w/ political affiliation, and I hear the word "liberal" tossed around almost like another word that offends people that starts with an "N", and I'm not even a Dem! I just see the divide and conquer plan for what it is and I won't take part in it.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Fox news is the only one I can stand to watch from time to time and I must admit, that video is hilarious. British people just seem to have the perfect word choice when critizing something. (end of direct response to you)

That said, this isn't an issue of media bias or what you think of countries you don't live in, this is about real people fighting and dying with no end in sight. Instead of seeding new hatred over their situation (and ALL similar situations), why not resolve the original one? "But I didn't start it..." The oldest person living in the world today is alittle over 100 years old. Believe me when I say that NOBODY living today started ANYTHING.

We live here in the present and are going to be here for the future (hopefully) that makes the future of the world our responsibility. Don't expect it to get better unless you take up trying to make it better. We aren't here to start new problems, we are here to fix the old ones. If we were supposed to continue things as they were, the same people would live forever and there would be no need for "the next generation".

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Eitimzevinten

fair point ,I was just using the vid to explain why i don't really see Fox as a reliable news source, I really do try to find something fair and balanced.
Still glad you found the clip funny, you should checkout the series on youtube.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

Would you care to explain on why they are not a decent news source and they are purley entertainment?

this vid will explain what im sayin.

That video sums up the madness quite well, for anyone not convinced, see Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
First off, I don’t see all of Israel’s Policy aggressive, you should learn to except the facts any territory the currently occupy has been won from a war that they didn’t start.... And then even gave back the Suez Canal after they won it.

Secondly My name is not Bill and I don’t spew off talking Points, Are government is corrupt and our people allow it to happen therefore those who are anti-American have a point.

I am sorry if you don’t like Fox, maybe if other news outlets wouldn’t spin it to make Israel sound bad I would listen to them as well.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JKersteJr

Do you listen to CNN or MSNBC?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

I thought you would never ask, no I don't, I watch almost no TV, and let me assure you I have a totally neutral stance. They are different sides of the same coin, the US Media IMO is essentially the 4th branch of the government.

How do any of us know that what the news says about Hamas is true or that it's not spun somehow? You'd have to see if for yourself and know it's true or go on a sort of faith/take your word for it kinda deal. The Government has every reason to use the media to make other groups/countries look like the bad guys, cause lets be real, we are the World Police.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I'm not getting drug into a History debate, I know Israel was given their state, but ever since then they have slowly taken over Palestian land.

We’ll make a pastrami sandwich of them. We’ll insert a strip of Jewish settlements in between the Palestinians, and then another strip of Jewish settlements right across the West Bank, so that in 25 years, neither the United Nations, nor the USA, nobody, will be able to tear it apart - Ariel Sharon, 1973

The Pastrami Sandwich

I'm glad we agree that our Government is corrupt, now realize that the media is federally regulated, FCC? Memos from White House, come on. The citizens didn't knowingly go along w/ corruption, we are brainwashed to distract our attention elsewhere (evil muslims) so we never realize who the real enemy is.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Since every Israeli citizen is required to train for two years in the IDF, I do not see any difference in the Palestinians training their own people. They just do things a little differently...

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
And of course the competitor stations paint the issues in a different light, that way TPTB can polarize the population into categories.

Keep us all arguing and nothing ever gets done, it's divide and conquer brother, think about it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join