It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.: No more enemy body counts in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

www.cnn.com...

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The U.S. military will stop publishing the number of Taliban and insurgents it kills in Afghanistan under orders from the senior U.S. military spokesman for the American-led coalition.

Rear Adm. Gregory Smith ordered the change as part of the new military strategy in the war that focuses on protecting Afghan citizens rather than killing militants.

In the past some military officials have said the numbers have been part of individual releases to the media as a means of d
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-7-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
There's your change people!

Keep the citizens of both countries in the dark and let the govt. do whatever it wants to do.

Just imagine!

If this the U.S. is a democracy then this information should be very much available to the pulic.

How's that for transparency?
Where is this world going?

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-7-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Protect Afghan civilians? You mean like sending drones to destroy entire villages?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This is disturbing. The article says that it doesn't affect the people in afghanistan. I think they are keeping us blind so that we wouldn't know the # hole that the US Military got themselves into. One would think that they would go and better strategize before making a move on a stealthy "Opponent"

Or... they are covering their tracks so that they can kill the innocents and not have to post the number of Afghani's killed.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SemperParatusRJCC

I'm pretty sure it's number 2 bro
it's about civilian deaths

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

If this the U.S. is a democracy then this information should be very much available to the pulic.

How's that for transparency?
Where is this world going?

The US Military is NOT a Democracy.

Planned Military action with "Transparency"

Thank you I needed the laugh.

Let's get real here for a minute.

The US military is doing exactly what military's have always done for thousands of years and will continue to do and that's follow their bosses wishes. They are simply a tool, they have always been that and will continue to be so. If you are serious about laying blame then point your self righteous finger at the Global elites. They have their puppets in Washington do their bidding. Notice how it doesn't matter which party is in office.

If anybody should be upset it's the American citizen. They have the American Tax payer paying for their wars AND they also have the American Tax payer fighting it with their children.

It's all about having an influence in the future of Central Asian oil.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

The US Military is NOT a Democracy.

Planned Military action with "Transparency"

When did I say transparency for planned military action?
Please quote me where I said that!

I think you need to re-read my post dude

Body counts equates to planned letting us know what course of action they will take????????

If anybody should be upset it's the American citizen. They have the American Tax payer paying for their wars AND they also have the American Tax payer fighting it with their children.

Pshhhh

Yes you guys are being oppressed by your elected officials yes
But who's being invaded and murdered?

Thank You

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It's about time....like they US military EVER could give us a body count of the enemy anyway....they just lump 'em all together...most were innocent civilians I'm sure! But hey, let's just label them with the generic term "insurgents" and the 'civilized' world is none the wiser.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Yes you guys are being oppressed by your elected officials yes
But who's being invaded and murdered?

Thank You

You're welcome...

This does not negate the fact that we are paying for the war and fighting it with our own children. Do you honestly believe that we are there to fight for the freedom of Afghanistan or becuase some boogy man is hiding in the hills who is supposedly responsible for 911?

Come on I thought you were swifter than that.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

This does not negate the fact that we are paying for the war and fighting it with our own children. Do honestly believe that we are there to fight for the freedom of Afghanistan or becuase some boogy man is hiding in the hills who is supposedly responsible for 911?

Come on I thought you were swifter than that.

Yes I agree, i'm pretty sure we are on the same wavelenght

Only way to fight for freedom is get OUT of afghanistan!

there's no boogey man and there's no threat
mobsters have hijacked the country

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Vietnam had "draft dodgers" to build support for the end of that war. Now days we don't have a draft...so, what we need is mass desertion of the military...that way the american civilian public has a "group" to rally around in peaceful protest of ending the madness!

Just my 2 additional cents

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

there's no boogey man and there's no threat
mobsters have hijacked the country

Yes we are trying to replace one group of mobsters the "Taliban" With another group of mobsters who will be more compliant with the Wests powerful Elites wishes.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I remember a discussion on TV way before we ever went into Afghanistan.

They interviewed some high up Pentagon General and his response to the possibility of waging war there was that Afghanistan was the most difficult place to wage war. Not only becuase of the terrain and logistics but becuase of the type of foe.

They aren't idiots they knew then. Many are very astute students of military history.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Yes we are trying to replace one group of mobsters the "Taliban" With another group of mobsters who will be more compliant with the Wests powerful Elites wishes.

No I don't agree with that however
your second statement is correct
they want a puppet govt. there yes

However current mobsters in Afghanistan?
nah
I don't think the Taliban runs afghanistan as the media says it does
I believe it to be all lies

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I don't think the Taliban runs afghanistan as the media says it does
I believe it to be all lies

Well not anymore they have been pushed into the outlying territories and pushed across the border into Pakistan and the Paks are pushing them back into Afghanistan. We need a boogy man there so we can maintain our presents.

IMO.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

This may have something to do with this:

US began latest Afghan offensive 24hrs after deciding not to eradicate poppy fields!

I don't usually like to refer to my own threads but it feels like there is a connection.

The US decide to let the opium fields grow, and in fact use the poppys, at the same time they stop counting enemy combatant casualties, too coincidental!

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Just another fear mongering post from the OP... do you ever get tired of it, man? It seems you are just on a crusade to turn any type of new regarding government into a whine-and-moan fest.

What do I take of this article? It's been years and years since the start of the war, and there is no obligation to provide such frivolous (and dare I say hardly-accurate) information. It's not big news, and it's not part of some cover-up that's going to kill us all.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Well I am pleased that the goal in Afghanistan is to seperate the enemy from the local population which is the key to winning a Counter Insurgency War . Vietnam proved the folly of using body counts as a guide for progress of a war as well as sending ill trained troops with faulty troops into battle . The problem now is that in the time the US spend in Iraq has eroded public and allied governments patience with the war in Afghanistan . Take New Zealand for example the government is looking to pull our PRT team out because it is draining NZDF resources . Of course the better course of action would be to look at expanding the size of the New Zealand army . New Zealand role in Afghanistan will probably be left with a handful of instructors for the Afghan army in late 2011 after a token tour by the crack NZSAS .

top topics

join