It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US stops reporting Taliban Casualties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
personally this hurts me because im in the middle of writing a military history of the "war of Terror". this makes me wonder, why are wedoing this? the reason they are stating is that its suppose to help gain civilian suport by showing somebody that theyre focusing on reconstruction or some sh*t. which sounds ludicrous to me.. they didnt do this in Iraq ever and it was far worse than afghanistan, wasnt it? so whats the big deal here... are they covering up something? the whole reason for stating enemy casualties is to show americans we are winning engagments there, for popular support of the war effort and now theyre taking it away to try and gain poopular support of the afghans. im sure this has something to do with us wrecklessly bombing civilian homes and what not too.. i dont get it.. anyone got a second opinon on this?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The American people should be up in arms over this crap. Who the f'k does the military think they are. They work for the American people and we deserve transparency in all aspects of casualty reporting. Just like how the Fed quit reporting M3 money supply the military is ceasing their enemy casualty reporting. Gee wonder why!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This is all getting kind of creepy. This gives me the same type of feeling as when they decided to stop reporting flu numbers. I feel as though casualties in all areas and subjects that we have a stake in are going to skyrocket, and "they" don't want people seeing the numbers climb to six and seven figures

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

To be perfectly honest, I am quite appauled at what you wrote.
Though I support the efforts of the military in both Iraq and Afghanistan, to me you appear to be only concerned about your 'paper', and how many kills have been acheived in the fire fight, and not about the welfare of your men and women fighting over seas while you type on your computer.
Why do I say this?
Because if you had any idea on what part the media plays in wars in regards to propaganda, you would see that this is a good step forward in regaining the peoples faith in the occupation, and if that is acheived then your men and women will be comming home alot sooner.

Though, you would hate that I am sure.

"YEAH!! Booyah Baby!! *clinks bud lite cans together* WE KILLED ANOTHER ONE!!" - this isn't COD4 and unfortunately this how some of us view the US.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Can you please supply a link to a news article stating this???

I would personally like to see what the "stated" reason would be.

OP, I am sorry, but no link/reference that can be verified means you are stating your own "opinion" only!

You are, of course, welcome to do so here, but "please" clearly state what is your unproven opinion and what facts that you can back with refrences

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by fox_3000au

Oh brother talk about a load of BS. This is a good step forward in restoring America's faith in the war on terror? LMAO! Quite the opposite for us independently thinking Americans my friend. This is secretive and wreaks of agenda. This is no way to restore the faith of the American people.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

It dont make sence, does it. ?

If you consider this swineflu hype in the MSM, people get scared and self involved in away, they will complete forget that this is going on..

Alot of things happening these days, sont see the sun anymore, they forcing Codex into full activity in the months to come etc...

Hey, like your avatar, any background on that ??? where is it at ??

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I wonder..............

Could this have to do with the fact that almost everytime we report on killing a terrorist or a terrorist leader, it usually invilved also saying and 3-10 civillians were also killed in the innident.

This kinda thing does very little to help the image of US/Allied troops and also can make the terrorists look not as bad as they are.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
US stops reporting Taliban Casualties

I'll take the one line risk -

SOURCE???

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join