It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Announces $200 Milllion in Aid to Palestinians

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
but it doesn't concern you at all when we give EVEN MORE money than that to the Israeli's

Let's see .. I've responded to this line of thought at least a half dozen times.

AGAIN - START A THREAD ON ENDING AID TO ISRAEL AND I'LL GLADLY FLAG THAT THREAD. How many times do I have to say it before it sinks in with you people?

This thread is about aid to the so-called palestinians.
If you want to do one on Israel - which is a different subject - then go ahead.

AGAIN - I do not want ANY tax payer funded aid going over seas. NONE.

And you wonder why they hate us...

I NEVER said I wonder why they hate us .. and you've got the reason wrong ... and I don't care why they do.

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
The Palestinians are starving because Israel has blocaded them ...

Exactly how many so called palestinians have starved? the answer ... none. BTW - Israel AND Egypt have closed their borders and it's due to the piss poor behavior of the so-called palestinians.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The number one recipient of aid outside of Israel - who many feel were the masterminds behind the attacks (not my view) - is Egypt - a country which has the least progressive regime on earth and is committed anti-American -....only the cash keeps them onside.

Next in line are the Saudi Arabians - number one trading partner and number one customer of the Carlyle Group operated by the Bush family amongst many other senior US politicians - this is the country which provided the majority of 9/11 attackers, and also has the worst human rights abuses on earth -

Where, oh where is your misguided outrage now....

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Yeah you guys are missing the point that right now that 200 million will be going to provide infrastructure and relief. You cut it off and there will be lots of hungry Palestinians... an idea that doesn't seem to bother the OP in the slightest.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Now we can see the US OPENLY funding both sides of this conflict. Only difference now is the vast majority of israeli aid, which is still many times this 200 million figure, will be spent on weapons and oppression, while maybe 10 percent of the Palestinian aid will be spent on direct retaliation. The rest will be to keep the people alive. After all you can't profiteer when the other side is completely gone, then it's just genocide (which is what the so-called gaza war was essentially), which is too quick and lopsided and thus not as profitable.

The international community, particularly US allies in the middle east, likely put pressure on the US to offer aid to a suffering people when they are funding their occupiers. The US needs these countries for their cooperation if it wants to control the region and it's resources (I don't think like this I'm just stating the goals of our corrupt government's foreign policy).

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I'm hardly surprised. Our stealth Muslim president wishes to fund his co-jihadists. That's how I see it. The Obama administration is a sworn enemy of Israel, that much is clear. I wonder what the liberal east coast Jews think of their messiah now?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Albastion
that 200 million will be going to provide infrastructure and relief.

Says who? Hamas? Yeah .... we can believe them with no problem. :shk:
Use your head.
There are NO so-called palestinians starving.
There are plenty of rockets and bombs and guns and ammo and propaganda TV shows, so they aren't exactly spending the aid money on 'relief'.

You cut it off and there will be lots of hungry Palestinians...

That's bunk.

One of your pro-palestinian buddies a few pages back said that hardly any palestinians get aid money. Which is it? You people can't make up your minds.

an idea that doesn't seem to bother the OP in the slightest.

It doesn't bother me at all because it simply isn't true.

Originally posted by CapsFan8
maybe 10 percent of the Palestinian aid will be spent on direct retaliation. The rest will be to keep the people alive.

That's bunk. Prove that figure. Go ahead ... give it a try.

You people keep pulling figures out of your backends ... It's amateur.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

This thread enrages me.

Mainly because you claim you don't like U.S aid going to any country at the moment, yet all you've done is use this thread as a vehicle to attack the Palestinians.

Anybody who tries to counter what you're saying you ridicule and imply that they have no idea what they're talking about.

You say no Palestinians have starved? Well please share with the rest of us, what else you discovered when you visited Palestine.....erm...wait you haven't have you? Are you just making all this up as you go along?

In future might i suggest you either make a less biased thread or just come out and admit you hate Palestinians. At least then we can stop this silly backwards and forwards argument about Palestinians and Israelis.

Don't try to tell me that you don't hate Palestinians....not once in this thread have you treated them with any respect. Oh and don't try to use the line that they're all terrorists and they don't deserve any respect. They are human beings. Men, women and children, they are not cockroaches or animals.

When you say you don't want U.S aid going to any foreign country at all during these times, that's just an excuse you're using to cloak your prejudices against the Palestinians. If it wasn't, you would have given this thread a more relevant title and focused upon aid going to different countries. You would have mentioned both Israel and Palestine amongst other countries. But you didn't.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
This thread enrages me.

That's your own personal problem. i don't care.

Mainly because you claim you don't like U.S aid going to any country at the moment, yet all you've done is use this thread as a vehicle to attack the Palestinians.

Newsflash .... THAT'S THE SUBJECT OF THIS THREAD.
Aid to so-called palestinians. That's what the article is about.

Anybody who tries to counter what you're saying you ridicule and imply that they have no idea what they're talking about.

That's because they dont' know what they are talking about.
They just pull figures and stats out of their backends.
One says - 80% don't get aid.
Another said - if you pull aid they'll starve and die.
Yet another claims it all goes to infrastructure.
They contradict each other and none of them can back up a single thing they said - not with facts or even discussion on a common sense level.

You say no Palestinians have starved?

None. Got any official data that says otherwise? No? didn't think so.

just come out and admit you hate Palestinians. Don't try to tell me that you don't hate Palestinians

I've said it many times and I'll say it again .... I no longer care what they do or what happens to them. (I used to .. but no longer) They made their beds and they can lay in them. I've never hidden that stand.

When you say you don't want U.S aid going to any foreign country at all during these times, that's just an excuse you're using to cloak your prejudices against the Palestinians.

Wrong. (as usual).

1 - The subject of this thread is the aid to the so-called palestinians. THAT is why we are discussing them. BECAUSE THEIR AID IS THE SUBJECT of the thread. No one else is the subject because the article is only addressing aid to the so-called palestinians.

2 - Your claim that it is an 'excuse to cloak my prejudices' is dead wrong. I cloak nothing.

you would have given this thread a more relevant title and focused upon aid going to different countries.

Wrong (again). The thread and title are based upon the article. That's the way it works here. If you discuss an article, then the article title , or information directly from the title, is used. That sets the discussion.

The title is relevant and focused ... it's focused on the action of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and her promise to send hundreds of millions of $$ in our tax money to the so-called Palestinians.

That's relevant.
That's focused.
That's what the thread is about.

Deal with it.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
What do you mean by "so-called Palestinians"? I take it you don't recognize a Palestinian state.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I can no more prove that Palestinians have starved than you can prove that they haven't.

So nobody knows what they are talking about? I presume you do? Or at least.....you seem to think you do. But then again, by reading your threads it has become apparant to me that what you think and what is reality are two very different things.

You see the problem here, is that you refuse to look at anybody else's point of view. Not only do you refuse to acknowledge that other people might think differently, you don't even respect their opinions.

Let me ask you a question. Why do you bother making threads?
Because you don't listen to other people's views, you slander them and criticise them at every opportunity. Forgive me, but it is at times like talking to a wall.

So generally your threads go round in circles of "It's true", "No it's not", "Yes it is" "No it's not" "Yes it is!" etc etc.

If this thread is just focusing upon the issue of aid going to Palestinians, then stop deflecting other people's arguments by saying you don't want aid going to any other countries. As i said before you are just using that to cloak your prejudicies.

Seriously, just stop beating around the bush, admit it. You hate Palestinians, you think they're all terrorists.

There are quite a few people on ATS who will make threads which are....let's say not very worthwhile, they refuse to listen to reason or argument, they can't comprehend other people's arguments, let alone the fact that people might think differently.

Please.....don't sink to their level.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

It's doubtful whether she recognises Palestinians as human beings, let alone a Palestinian state.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   

There is a report here from the Red Cross, it's from 2007, but hopefully it will give you some insight into the lives of the Palestinians.

The occupied Palestinian territories: Dignity Denied

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Flyers, i recently debunked those videos in your OP of Palestinians dancing on 9/11 to you in another thread. Please stop using them. They are obvious propoganda. If you want me to go ahead and debunk them again in this thread, i can do that. They show only a very very small group of people, all the videos are of the same group, there's no proof of why they're dancing, yet you believe the whole nation of Palestine was in on it for some reason.

Anyway, on to the aid. Lets talk facts.

On this page, you'll find a breakdown of the US foreign and military aid from 2000 to 2007:

US Foreign Aid

Now, if you look at the document called 1257 - U.S. Government Foreign Grants And Credits By Country, you can clearly see that $200 million to Palestine is a small drop in the ocean compared to the overall foreign aid spending of $31,779 million dollars.

In fact, $363 million went to Sudan in 2007 and we all know the genocide that's being commited there. I've yet to hear this being mentioned.

Israel received $2,373 million of aid in 2007.

Now ask yourself, why would you be making more of a song and a dance over $200 million going to rebuild houses, hospitals, schools and infrastructure (i'll ignore your argument that it all goes on rockets until you can proove this) in an area recently blown to bits, but not complain that $2,373 million goes to the country that caused that infrastucture damage in the first place? And why does a rich country like Israel need this aid?

You may also notice that Palestine has been given $64-152 million per year anyway since 2000. So the $200 million isn't far off what they usually get.

If you then look at the document 1259 - U.S. Foreign Economic and Military Aid by Major Recipient Country, you'll see that Israel also received an additional $2,257 million of military aid in 2007.

So that's $4,630 million to Israel, and you complain about $200 million to Palestine, which will be recovering for a long time from being recently ripped to shreds by Israel.

Although you say you believe in no foreign aid, you have created this thread to incite people against Palestine, or you wouldn't have posted those videos again and would have started a thread about all US foreign aid, not just that in Palestine, which is wholly insignificant compared to the amount being sent to other countries.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by Nammu]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

I totally agree with you and i believe you have successfully demolished the OP's entire basis for this thread, which was dubious at best.

This thread should be closed.

[edit on 28/7/09 by Kram09]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
What do you mean by "so-called Palestinians"? I take it you don't recognize a Palestinian state.

There is no state of 'palestine'. When there is a recognized country
of 'palestine' then I'll call them 'palestinians'. Until then, they are
squatters from Syria, Egypt and Jordan.

I can no more prove that Palestinians have starved than you can prove that they haven't.

There is no evidence to support the notion that they are starving. None.
Find one reliable source of information that a so-called palestinian has
starved because Israel and Egypt closed their borders.

So nobody knows what they are talking about?

They are pulling figures out of their backends. There is no backup evidence, circumstantial or otherwise, to support their 'statistics'.
None.

You see the problem here, is that ...

... is that you don't get the fact that this thread is based upon a news article that set the parameters for the discussion. US tax payers giving their tax money to palestinians in aid.

you don't even respect their opinions.

Giving an opinion is one thing ... but stating bunk as fact is another.
One says 'not many palestinians get aid' and another says 'if you
take their aid they'll all starve' .... both can't be right. In fact,
they just pulled those stats out of their collective butts.

Let me ask you a question. Why do you bother making threads?

Let me ask you a question. Why do you bother showing up if you hate them so much?

then stop deflecting other people's arguments by saying you don't want aid going to any other countries.

I'm not deflecting .. they are. They keep insisting that I think aid to Israel and other places is just fine when I have CLEARLY stated that I do not.

As i said before you are just using that to cloak your prejudicies.

As I said before ... you are wrong (again). I'm not cloaking anything.
Never have .. never will.
It's rather comical that you keep accusing me of cloaking something
when i have been VERY straight forward about what I think of the
so-called palestinians and hamas etc etc

Seriously, just stop beating around the bush, admit it.

Seriously, just read the damn thread. I've never denied anything.

You hate Palestinians, you think they're all terrorists.

No. I don't care about the Palestinians. DO NOT CARE.
I do not love them. I do not like them. I do not hate them.
I simply do not care anymore.
As for the terrorists ... Hamas is a terrorist group. Definately.

let's say not very worthwhile,

then why are you still here?

ON TOPIC ... (AND i'M NOT THE TOPIC!)

Our tax money is going to support the so-called palestinians.
We have better things to spend the hundreds of millions of our $$ on.
I object to our tax money going to foreign aid - any foreign aid -
but especially this foreign 'aid'.
There is no accountability. They are not grateful.
This just emboldens them and encourages them not to conform to
civilized behaviors. It continues their 'victimhood' mentality.

i believe you have successfully demolished the OP's entire basis for this thread, which was dubious at best.

Only in your dreams

My basis for this thread was the article that we are sending our hard earned taxpayer money overseas in aid. My basis for this thread is that many of us do NOT want our money going overseas - that we should either get to keep it or spend it here on Americans.

REALITY CHECK - You have 'demolished' none of that.

This thread should be closed.

I'm sure you'd loooooooooove for that to happen.
God forbid anyone who doesn't want their tax money going overseas.
God forbid anyone who doesn't wallow in so-called palestinian victimhood.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
So the U.S. funds both sides of a war. Typical Americana. Am I the only one who feels TPTB are going to keep War alive thriving as long as they ARE TPTB? Doesn't the U.S. do the same thing in Africa, helping the hungry and innocent while supplying weapons to the well-fed and heartless? How many wars do we actually participate in either directly or indirectly in the year 2009? Can any ATSer provide some info on this because as each day passes I am more and more concerned about my taxes being spent on murder. I used to think we paid for the over-priced and over-sized cars and homes, and extravagant vacations, of politicians who never do anything really, with the exception of a few, but now it would appear we are funding genocide. Hahaha, of course genocide is happening over here as well, but instead of guns the U.S. just pumps us full of toxins and vaccines on a daily basis, and our taxes help fund that as well. And that's the way it is, America. Goodnight and see you tomorrow....no details at eleven though.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nammu
Flyers, i recently debunked those videos in your OP of Palestinians dancing on 9/11 to you in another thread.

Actually, you didn't. You think you did ... but you didn't.

$200 million to Palestine is a small drop in the ocean compared to the overall foreign aid spending of $31,779 million dollars.

So what? It's still WRONG. Foreign aid with our tax money is wrong.
Sending my money out of this country when it should either be left
in my pocket or .. at the very least .. used to uplift Americans is WRONG.
It doesn't matter how 'little' you think the amount is. Wrong is wrong.

I've yet to hear this being mentioned.

Because this is a thread about the aid that is going to the so-called Palestinians. That's what the article was about. AS I'VE SAID ... if anyone wishes to start a thread saying that we over extend aid overseas ... please do. I'd be more than happy to flag it.

Now ask yourself, why would you be making more of a song and a dance over $200 million going to rebuild houses, hospitals, schools and infrastructure ...

Now ask yourself, why would I make a big deal out of aid going elsewhere in the world when the article is clearly about so-called palestinians? That would NOT be in keeping with the topic of the article.

Now ask yourself, where is the accountability for the hundreds of millions of $$$ of my tax money that is going to the so-called palestinians? No where.

Now ask yourself, if they are soooooo hard up for food and medicine and education and infrastructure, then why do they spend their money on bombs, and ammo, and suicide bombers, and rockets, and brainwashing childrens' television shows? Obviously they aren't so hard up otherwise they'd not be spending the money on those things.

Although you say you believe in no foreign aid, you have created this thread to incite people against Palestine,

1 - I believe in no foreign aid with my tax money. Private organizations are another matter.

2 - I created a thread based upon a news article. It's news. It's happening. It's the truth. Ya' just gotta' deal with it.

3 - There is no country of 'palestine'. At least, not yet.

4 - I don't have to incite people against the so-called palestinians. They do that well enough on their own. Reminding people of the FACTS about where our tax money is going ... that's just telling the truth.

would have started a thread about all US foreign aid, not just that in Palestine,

hmmm ... let's see ... I've said this probably 10 times now. Should I repeat myself one more time? Sure .. why not ...

IF YOU WANT A THREAD WITH WIDER APPLICATION ABOUT FOREIGN AID THEN GO START ONE AND I'LL GLADLY FLAG IT. THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THE NEWS STORY WHICH STATES THAT HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF $$$ OF OUR TAX MONEY IS GOING TO THE SO-CALLED PALESTINIANS. THAT'S THE TOPIC OF THE NEWS STORY AND SO THAT'S THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD

I wonder if anyone will actually finally read that....

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I come to your threads in the hope that maybe this time you've posted something which:

A) Is actually worth reading
B) Isn't something to do with bashing Palestinians
C) Doesn't include you ridiculing everyone's attempts to argue with you.

You say god forbid anyone who doesn't wallow in so called Palestinian victim hood.

Well god forbid anyone who doesn't wallow in Israeli victim hood!
Oh no, did i really say that?! Bad me! You probably don't like that do you?
But i am sure you're ok with people bashing Palestine.

I am so very very close to making remarks towards you which will probably see me get banned.

No i wouldn't love to see this thread closed, i'd love to see you form a coherent argument which doesn't rely on dubious youtube videoes. You say people haven't shown any evidence? Neither have you!
As i said before i can no more prove that Palestinians have starved than you can prove to me that they haven't.

All you've done is say "erm no you're wrong actually" bla bla bla, "there is no evidence" without once producing a shred of evidence yourself.

Tell me how you know that no Palestinians have died from starvation.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
This ought to buy quite a few of those ballistic missiles the Palestinians love to shower down on the Israelis, shouldn't it? Then the bleeding-hearts will accuse Israel of defending themselves once again. And the whole cycle starts over again.

I just felt the need to point out that the Palestinians -do not- have ballistic missiles. Ballistic missiles are sub orbital missiles that leave the atmosphere and enter briefly into space. There is a HUGE difference between ballistic missiles and the Kassam-class, short-range missiles Palestinians are using.

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
Here you go, for those living under rocks for the past few years.

BACKGROUND: Palestinian missile attacks on Israel

You could not be more wrong about your assumptions of what a ballistic missile is. I just felt compelled to point this out.

Edit to add:

BTW: The term "sub-orbital" simply means it does not complete one full orbit of the earth. What would be the point of having a missile go "over" your target once, completing a full orbit, to come back down on the target you already passed over? It would be a waste of time, and would make the needed calculations of hitting the target properly that much more difficult. K.I.S.S.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by xmaddness]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Please provide us with proof that the Palestinians spend their aid on weapons.

You have yet to properly answer a question posted to you on this thread. Either you ignore it or just ask a different question, to change the subject.

Apparently anything you post is the truth and we supposedly have to deal with it.

You don't like U.S taxpayers money being spent on aid to foreign countries? Well i suppose you don't mind U.S taxpayers money being spent on weapons to blow people up in other countries?

Double standards perhaps?

[edit on 28/7/09 by Kram09]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join