It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Announces $200 Milllion in Aid to Palestinians

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
You never give an alcoholic money, or a drug addict, or a war mongerer. What do you think they will spend the money on? Food? Housing to get their people out of the 'ghetto?' If they are hungry, go to the store with them and buy them some groceries.

Who's paying to get OUR people out of the ghetto. Did we somehow run out of hungry and homeless people in the US to help?

Ridiculous.

The point is there shouldn't be ghettos in either country. Rich countries like the US should provide foreign aid as well as providing for their own citizens. Look at all the money spent on the 2 wars trillions of $. Trillions of dollars on a bail out. So compared to those figures 200 million is pocket change.

All that money could have got everyone in the world out of a ghetto. Yet all these wars are doing is creating more resentment of the US. I understand your isolationist opinions, but there's a world outside America and America is responsible for some of the ills that exist. It's America responsibility to provide this money. I dont know how it gets spent, but thats not the point

[edit on 27-7-2009 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I personally see nothing wrong with sending $200 million in relief aid supplies for the Palestinian people, but not in money to the Palestinian government. As stated prior by a few members, the Palestinian government will spend it in offensive weaponry to wage war on the Israelis, and not on their own people.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Does anyone remember that a few months back our dear President announced that the U.S. is broke?

Broke.

Definition of broke: having no money

Last time I checked, $200M is still money. We have a $1 TRILLION deficit. A deficit expected to hit $2 TRILLION by November.

Maybe he's just trying to double the deficit by September instead? Then he can add to his credentials: Able to hit financial goals ahead of schedule...

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I think if America wanted to recapture it's lost stature in the World it would do what our forefathers wanted and not take sides in foreign conflicts.

We should cancel all economic aide to Israel and whether the pro-Zionists want to agree or not they use U.S. aide for equally violent and innapropriately aggressive uses and are in a position themselves to foot the cost of their own defense.

We should give money and military aide to NO side in a conflict.

Or we should give equal money and military aide to BOTH sides in a conflict.

The pro-Zionist biggots who come out in droves on these threads expose themselves as being what they are by not showing the same outrage for giving Israel BILLIONS of dollars a year not millions.

For shame on you hypocrites, don't you dare try to make it seem like you are concerned about America's fortunes and economic situation when you aren't crying at the same time for Billions in Israeli aide to end too!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

This post is on US giving 200 million to the Plaistian givernment.

It is "NOT" for "YOUR" personal attacks on Isreal, as you do at every possible time, wether it is on topic or not.

If you are saying Palistians should not be given the money, ok.

Anythi9ng else is off topic and more oif yuour anti Isreal tripe.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I agree with some of what you said, but:

How can you compare giving money to Israel and giving money to the Palestinians?

When's the last time a terrorist cell coming out of Israel bombed the U.S.?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627

How can you compare giving money to Israel and giving money to the Palestinians?

Not since 9-11, and until a real investigation is conducted and real trials are held no one can say it was radical muslims or the Mossad who both had plenty to gain.

On topic Palestine deserves the money, they have been shafted again and again and it's American weapons and munitions that keep destroying their infrastructure.

We have a moral obligation to help them rebuild it as well as a moral obligation to either stop supplying Israel with weapons or to start supplying Palestine with weapons.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Where is the moral obligation to help AMERICANS? You know, the ones responsible for the money being there in the first place?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

This post is on US giving 200 million to the Plaistian givernment.

It is "NOT" for "YOUR" personal attacks on Isreal, as you do at every possible time, wether it is on topic or not.

If you are saying Palistians should not be given the money, ok.

Anythi9ng else is off topic and more oif yuour anti Isreal tripe.

Your comments would mean something if perhaps you had noticed all the propoganda in the Original Post. How are long discredit videos supposedly depicting Palestinians dancing in the street in the aftermath of 9-11 on topic and not shameful, but pointing out the reverse of Zionist and pro-Zionist bigorty and agression as being cause to give Palestine Money is shameful.

Same exact thing, you decry what is in essence the same tactics you yourself favor in your pro-Zionist stance.

You aren't interested in America's well being, you are interested in Israel's well being.

America would be even better served saving the billions it gives to Israel, Egypt and Jordan to buy the Camp David Accords by letting them decide themselves if they all want peace without being paid to be peaceful with U.S. Tax Dollars.

That totals over 10 Billion Dollars a years.

Pro-Zionists never do America any favors just themselves.

I call it like it is.

Palestine deserves the money, on topic enough for you?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

On topic Palestine deserves the money, they have been shafted again and again and it's American weapons and munitions that keep destroying their infrastructure.

What, EXACTLY, have the Palestinians done to DESERVE the money????

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Whens the last time Palestinian terrorist cells tried to blow up the US?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

What, EXACTLY, have the Palestinians done to DESERVE the money????

They have been shafted by our unconstitutional corrupt government's foreign policy that gives money hand over fist to the Terrorist Nation of Israel to committ Human Rights Abuses and Theft and Murder with it.

These people had their entire nation stolen and that's a fact no amount of skillful propoganda and buzz words will erase.

All you have to do is look at a map to figure that out.

I didn't go to the up equals down school or listen to the left equals right media.

I read real history, and witness real history, and I speak to real history, not a self serving Pro-Zionist Bigotted and Racist Agenda.

Palestine deserves the money!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
would you rather the Palestinians were left to die in their Ghetto, amongst the rubble of the buildings bombed by the Israelis, where no foreign aid has been able to get in since the recent war with Israel. No rebuilding of their homes schools and infrastructure.

Where's your heart?

YES without a doubt id rather someone else die then people here that are losing jobs and children starving. IF you dont think its here wake up it is ive seen it i live in NC and i am surrounded by people who are barely making it. So yes when i see that daily my sympathy runs a little thin...sorry

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

where no foreign aid has been able to get in

But plenty of weapons and bombs are able to get through ....

But plenty of brainwashing kiddie TV shows are able to be made ...

And you are WRONG. There are LEGAL channels that charities can use
to ship AUTHENTIC aid through. Authentic aid ... not bombs and ammo.

Where's your heart?

At home in the USA ... using American money to help Americans.
That's where.

charities have to fight just to get the right to deliver the Palestinians aid. .

WRONG. There are legal channels that charities may use in order to get
AUTHENTIC aid to the so-called palestinians.

Rich countries like the US should provide foreign aid as well as providing for their own citizens. ... It's America responsibility to provide this money.

BULL. My tax money should provide NOTHING for foreigners. NOTHING. It's the responsibility of the foreign so-called palestinians to get their situation together ... to stop acting uncivilized ... to quit raining down rockets and blowing up Israeli civilians with suicide bombers ... to quit spending 'aid' money on brainwashing childrens TV programming and instead spend it on raising themselves up through education and medical care.

They made their own bed and now they must lay in it. They've done it to themselves. They continue to do it to themselves. Any 'aid' money sent in just EMBOLDENS this self destructive behavior. They need to be CUT OFF from blank checks. Otherwise they just get paid to continue the same self-destructive behavior.

Your statement is bull.

For shame on you hypocrites, don't you dare try to make it seem like you are concerned about America's fortunes and economic situation when you aren't crying at the same time for Billions in Israeli aide to end too!

You assume too much.

Start a thread about ending aid to Israel and how we should take care of our own people first ... and I'll star and flag it. IMHO - END ALL FOREIGN AID - especially to the middle east. My tax money shouldn't be going overseas.

no one can say it was radical muslims or the Mossad

It was radical muslims. They aren't exactly a peaceful bunch.
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar and sometimes a radical muslim is just a radical muslim.

Palestine deserves the money,

No they do not. It's MY MONEY .. not theirs. MY TAX MONEY.
I deserve it. Not them.

they have been shafted again and again and it's American weapons and munitions that keep destroying their infrastructure.

They are in a situation of their own making. If they want to be treated differently then they must start acting differently. Perhaps they should try to act civilized for a change. that might be a good place to start.

We have a moral obligation ...

... to help Americans with American money. this country is in a financial crisis. Morons like Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Obama and Bush43 have nailed us to the wall. It's NOT a time to be sending millions and billions overseas.

if perhaps you had noticed all the propoganda in the Original Post.

Truth isn't propaganda. Deal with it.

How are long discredit videos supposedly depicting Palestinians dancing in the street in the aftermath of 9-11 on topic and not shameful,

1 - They are not 'discredited'. They are accurate. Deal with it.
2 - It's ON TOPIC because I started the thread and I therefore I determined the topic. I said I didnt' want my tax money supporting
any one overseas and especially the so-called Palestinians who
danced for joy on 9/11. That's the topic. I determined it. Deal with it.

[edit on 7/27/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I didn't mean US soil. I was referring to the bombings of US Embassies. Sorry.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by lpowell0627]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Where is the moral obligation to help AMERICANS? You know, the ones responsible for the money being there in the first place?

Untill the recent financial collapse America was the richest and most powerfull nations on Earth, you gobble up more than your fair share of the worlds resources. You dont deserve help, youve helped yourself to everyone else stuff, invaded countries killed their innocents. maybe you need to give a bit back to clear you moral conscience

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

So, if I go with your theory, which I don't, then why do two wrongs make a right???

I say END ALL AIDE. Period.

Giving money to Israel - and them using it against others (according to you) IS NOT THE SAME as giving money to the Palestinians and having them USE IT AGAINST US!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I go out and work 75+ hours per week. I pay my taxes - in full. I donate to charities I decide are worthy of MY MONEY.

What, exactly then, is my fair share?

I guess you are unfamiliar with the numbers associated with the natural resources that CHINA AND INDIA consume???????

Now compare how much money they GIVE.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I read real history, and witness real history, and I speak to real history, not a self serving Pro-Zionist Bigotted and Racist Agenda.

Yeah ... 'history books' probably straight out of the Nazi propaganda machine. So your history sources aren't anti-Jewish bigotted and racist with an agenda? (backatchya) Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Palestine deserves the money!

Wrong. I deseve my money .. not them.

You dont deserve help,

:shk: Be sure to send all that American money overseas to everyone else and let your own people suffer. Lovely thoughts there woodwardjnr.

maybe you need to give a bit back to clear you moral conscience

My moral conscience is perfectly clear.
Yours needs some seriously work though. :shk:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The reality is that all the pro-Zionists posting to this thread using it as yet another means to undermine and isolate the Pallestinian State under the guise of not burdening American tax payers during tough economic times will not be able to extend that same supposed common sense strategy to ending all foreign aide to Israel.

If they are actually in favor of ending the aide to Israel then they are being honest in not wanting to burden the American Tax Payers with the cost of Zionism and it's effects in the Middle East which is HELLO why there is a Palestinian problem.

I can appreciate that pro-Zionists don't like Palestine and do want the Palestinian State isolated and undermined even though all it does is lead to repeditive cycles of controlled and managed violence Israel profits off of by making the U.S. Tax Payers pay for both the weapons and the clean up.

Your sparing the U.S. Tax Payer argument simply is false and hypocritical unless you are prepared to advocate sparing the U.S. Tax Payer all the associated costs of the Palestinian problem and that includes all money to Israel, Egypt and Jordan.

So sorry the pro-Zionist Propoganda does not work on everyone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join