It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Announces $200 Milllion in Aid to Palestinians

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Story Here

Clinton said the money, which is part of a $900 million pledge she made in March at a donors conference in Egypt, was transferred directly to the Western-backed Palestinian Authority and would help it meet a budget shortfall

:shk: We've got a severe financial crisis going on here and yet they are handing our money to foreigners who dance for joy when we get bombed. :shk:

Guess our tax money will still be paying for Childrens Jihad programming -

It's $200 million and we promised $900 million ... this time. :shk:

International funds promised at several donor conferences have not materialized and the Palestinian Authority says it has received only a fraction of the $1.5 billion in assistance it needs to meet its budget in 2009.

Yeah .. all those rockets and suicide bombs cost a bunch of money.
Wonder how much of the budget is set aside for the weapons and ammo.
Wonder how much of the budget goes to that TV brainwashing.

:shk:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
would you rather the Palestinians were left to die in their Ghetto, amongst the rubble of the buildings bombed by the Israelis, where no foreign aid has been able to get in since the recent war with Israel. No rebuilding of their homes schools and infrastructure.

Where's your heart?

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I would rather the money be spent on homeless and hungry jobless Americans than go to any other country.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
This ought to buy quite a few of those ballistic missiles the Palestinians love to shower down on the Israelis, shouldn't it? Then the bleeding-hearts will accuse Israel of defending themselves once again. And the whole cycle starts over again.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

I understand your point, but when your government decides to bail out the banks and the auto industry, $200 million dollars is pocket change, but could end up helping a lot of innocent Palestinians caught up in the Wars and improving Americas image over seas which is much needed.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
This ought to buy quite a few of those ballistic missiles the Palestinians love to shower down on the Israelis, shouldn't it? Then the bleeding-hearts will accuse Israel of defending themselves once again. And the whole cycle starts over again.

can you name a time when the Palestinians had or has Ballistic missiles? I think your talking about the Nuclear armed Israel with a massive army fighter jets and tanks.

or are you taking the piss and ive missed the joke

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
can you name a time when the Palestinians had or has Ballistic missiles? I think your talking about the Nuclear armed Israel with a massive army fighter jets and tanks.

or are you taking the piss and ive missed the joke

Here you go, for those living under rocks for the past few years.

BACKGROUND: Palestinian missile attacks on Israel

Tel Aviv - Palestinian militants in the Gaza Strip first fired a missile at Israel on October 27, 2001. Since then, around 10,300 rockets and mortar shells have been launched at southern Israel, the non-profit Sderot Media Centre, which keeps a toll, said. The projectiles have killed 32 Israelis, including four since Hamas and other militant groups responded to the current Israeli air offensive in the Gaza Strip by showering Israel with missiles.

Prior to the Israeli attacks, which began on Saturday, at least 600 people have been wounded by the rockets, and hundreds more treated for shock and hysteria.

And for those who don't know what a ballistic missile is:

A ballistic missile is a missile that follows a sub-orbital ballistic flightpath with the objective of delivering one or more warheads (often nuclear) to a predetermined target. The missile is only guided during the relatively brief initial powered phase of flight and its course is subsequently governed by the laws of orbital mechanics and ballistics.

Source.

Otherwise know as an unguided missile.

Happy?

[edit on 7/27/09 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

reply to post by jjkenobi

I understand your point, but when your government decides to bail out the banks and the auto industry, $200 million dollars is pocket change, but could end up helping a lot of innocent Palestinians caught up in the Wars and improving Americas image over seas which is much needed.

POCKET CHANGE????

Do you have ANY idea how many Americans could be fed, dressed, and be provided with a ROOF -- you know, the roof that they lost to foreclosure.

Just because the GOVERNMENT treats it as pocket change -- doesn't make it so.

Shame on you.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

you make it sound like the Palestinians have some huge military complex. The missiles fired by Palestine are just bottle rockets, capable of little structural damage. How many Israelis were killed by these primative devices compared to the deaths of Palastinians by massive Israel force.

maybe if you turned off Fox and read a decent news paper you may have a little more understanding of the conflict and wouldn't be making such ridiculous assertions.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I agredm with you, people are only happy when its Israel being attacked, when they fire back everyone goes into hysterics.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I completly disagree with giving them money.

Use the money and ship them food/seed (crops)/clothes/medicines/farm animals (cows/sheep/chickens..........)

Not money for them to buy weapons and parts for rockets.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

you make it sound like the Palestinians have some huge military complex. The missiles fired by Palestine are just bottle rockets, capable of little structural damage. How many Israelis were killed by these primative devices compared to the deaths of Palastinians by massive Israel force.

maybe if you turned off Fox and read a decent news paper you may have a little more understanding of the conflict and wouldn't be making such ridiculous assertions.

You asked me to show you when the Palestinians had ballistic missiles, and I did. Now you tell me to to read a newspaper when your ignorance of the issues is in plain view. People like yourself just amaze me.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

You talk real big, however......

I wonder just how big and bad you would be if terrorists were firing rockets and mortars @ your town/villiage/city/house almost everyday???

They "JUST" fire rockets......

They "JUST" fire mortars......

They may not have as many advanced weapons (Iran only gives them just so many good ones), but they try to make/wage war almost everyday.

Live through that for a year and come back and talk to me.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17

I agredm with you, people are only happy when its Israel being attacked, when they fire back everyone goes into hysterics.

I just support those who are being trod on by Israel. The Palestinians are in a Ghetto, living in abject poverty, unable to rebuild their ghetto after having been destroyed by bombs and white phosphrus attacked by helicopter gunships and F-16's and an army that didn't care who was civilian and held no regard for the safety of women and children.

charities have to fight just to get the right to deliver the Palestinians aid. Thats why i will always defend Palestine over Israel and will know that Im right in my heart to do so.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
I completly disagree with giving them money.

Use the money and ship them food/seed (crops)/clothes/medicines/farm animals (cows/sheep/chickens..........)

Not money for them to buy weapons and parts for rockets.

Agree fully!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

well i hope i wouldn't respond by bombing the hell out of innocent people who cant defend themselves.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Why do I amaze you. I stand up for the downtrodden in this world, whats wrong with that.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
You never give an alcoholic money, or a drug addict, or a war mongerer. What do you think they will spend the money on? Food? Housing to get their people out of the 'ghetto?' If they are hungry, go to the store with them and buy them some groceries.

Who's paying to get OUR people out of the ghetto. Did we somehow run out of hungry and homeless people in the US to help?

Ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Like the Palestinians firing rockets and mortars into Jewish civilian settlements? Agreed!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Why do I amaze you. I stand up for the downtrodden in this world, whats wrong with that.

You try to tell others to get an understanding of what's happening, when you yourself haven't a clue, by your self professed ignorance to the Palestinian missile attacks on Israel. You only wish to profess Palestinians innocence in all they do, and ignore the facts.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join