It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking a deep breath before stepping into...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I am a 50 year old American woman who is tired of the untruths that are spoon fed to us every day by the media and parts of "our" government. I have always wanted to know what makes things, people, societies and our world in general tick.
I am very adept at listening to both sides of any issue, even if one side is distant from my own beliefs, because it is my personal credo to live in truth. How can you do that if you don't know all sides. Due to my opening my eyes, my mind and my heart to the views and beliefs of others, I have grown tremendously in the past several years. What I believed to be absolute truth at the beginning of this journey has gone through several growth changes and I've only seen the tip of the iceberg, I'm sure. I just found this site in the past week, began to review some of the info. I had dabbled on many sites before this one, never participating, always just watching from the sidelines. It is time that I step into the tide of truth, opinion, beliefs and knowledge of the vast world available. I like what I see here, so here I am. Nice to meet you!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Welcome!

It would appear you have come to the right place.

Have fun!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BearTruth

Hi, and welcome. You and I share a lot of the same statistics/past/age/etc.

I have been here a little over a year I think. I have learned to broaden my horizons on some fronts. On others, I was trying to get from point A to point B and went beyond B to X Y and Z. lol Then had to do some backtracking.

It is interesting for sure, you have to have a somewhat tough hide, and be willing to admit when you are wrong to really grow, jmho of course.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by BearTruth

Hello! It's good to see that there are more of us 50-and-over folks taking the dive and questioning the standard rated stuff that flows from the TV set and newspapers.

ATS is something of a microcosm... like snowglobe, that represents most every nook and cranny of thought you could possibly imagine. Be prepared to think because... that's what it's all about here!

Best wishes

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Hello !

I always take a deep breath (and hold it ) while changing the "cat box" !

And sometimes here!

Good luck! have fun!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Welcome to the forums sounds like you will fit in well here, I agree with you on the crap we are told is important in society. More people should be more free thinking than they do in the world.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Hello and welcome to this website.
I hope it helps raising your conscieness.

Love & Light & Oneness

top topics

join