It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My arrest hell after gang beat son

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

OK, I'll leave you and your Hollywood fantasy alone. You obviously do not even read the entire posts, so it is useless. It is only a friendly warning, from my personal experience, aimed at those who are concerned and will listen. For those that already know everything, continue on!

I wager $1000, that I can use the OP letter opener to take your Louisville Slugger, 10 out of 10 times though! For that matter, I will use my car key, or nothing at all! I will take your best swing, take your bat, and poke you in the eye with it 10 out of 10 times. But, what do I know?

Sorry to be off-topic in the first place. It was semi-relavent at first, but now it has ceased to be.

For everyone else, please do not carry a weapon, that you have no idea how to use, against multiple opponents. It will invariably be used against you! That even goes for guns! If you are not certain you will use the gun, without hesitation, leave it inside. If you think, or hesitate, the gun will be in your enemies hands, and you could wind up dead!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RedDragon

Nothing says "I can't stand up" like a puncture wound to the leg that you are standing on.

Obviously the man was distraught over his son being ganged up on. He just went for the chest instead of the leg. I believe that this event happened at night. No one would even see that the man had a weapon in his hand. A letter opener would really do a number on a thigh of calf.

I mean if the guy went charging down to the fight brandishing the letter opener over his head like Jason Voorhees he might not have that same element of surprise.

You lost me at the boxer rebellion.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RedDragon

Well friend real life has absolutely jack and snot to do with MMA and honor fighting with gloves.

There is no ring. There is no referee. You can be the worlds best grappler but when someone locks their jaw and teeth around your forearm and destroys your tendon your "Arm Bar" = failure.

Your eyes are not safe from gouges. Your testicles are not safe from strikes and grabs. Your ears are not safe from being removed from your skull.

MMA is a far cry from REAL combat.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I noticed how many people, just read the 2-4 sentances, and not the entire story. They were vandalizing, and they were drunk. The step son, went out to tell them to leave. One of them threathened the mother/wife and the step son asked that one guy to calm down, and then the guy came swinging at him, with the others following. Thats when the wife calls the husband.

Now, I don't know about the credibility of this story, but from what it says I think that its best someone got hurt, and not killed. Its a shame he got arrested, but what do you expect after stabbing someone. The cops didn't know what could have happened.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Oh look I agree, I would have defended my children, if they wer attacked by a group of teenagers. I am in no way criticising the Husband for trying to defend his son.

In the eyes of the law, weither he was defending his family or not, he still broke it, by using a knife. I can actually see the Crown Ofiice, taken this further to make an example out of this dude, for using a knife in the first place.

I know it is wrong, but that is the law for you in the UK. It is why the UK Justice system is a joke.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

OK, I'll leave you and your Hollywood fantasy alone. You obviously do not even read the entire posts, so it is useless. It is only a friendly warning, from my personal experience, aimed at those who are concerned and will listen. For those that already know everything, continue on!

I wager $1000, that I can use the OP letter opener to take your Louisville Slugger, 10 out of 10 times though! For that matter, I will use my car key, or nothing at all! I will take your best swing, take your bat, and poke you in the eye with it 10 out of 10 times. But, what do I know?

Sorry to be off-topic in the first place. It was semi-relavent at first, but now it has ceased to be.

For everyone else, please do not carry a weapon, that you have no idea how to use, against multiple opponents. It will invariably be used against you! That even goes for guns! If you are not certain you will use the gun, without hesitation, leave it inside. If you think, or hesitate, the gun will be in your enemies hands, and you could wind up dead!

Ok then. Apparently now you are Storm Shadow from G.I. JOE lol. Your car keys are now more powerful than a baseball bat. Right. I am sure that is why the number of car key assaults is so high in the world lol.

Trust me when I say not to listen to this poster. He has absolutely no idea what a real fight is like. Anyone that tells you that car keys are better than a baseball bat lacks any sort of credible combat experience.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Weither I have children or not, for one it is none of your busniess, so kee my family out of this.

Next time you bring my family into this I will regard this as a personal attack and forward it to the mods.

I am just telling you in the eyes of the Law, if they decided to, they will take this the full road.

It has happened bfore, where peoplehave tried use self defence in he courts and some of those where convicted over it.

As i said the UK Justice system is a complete joke.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
things like this make glad that i live in a "stand my ground" state.

second line.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The man was justified in what he did to protect his kin and himself. They both could have easily ended up dead. Since he was outnumbered, the best strategy would be to incapacitate or disable the attackers one by one. And it seems that's what he did.

The attackers are the ones at fault.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Lesson be learned, next time whack them with nunchucks and it will end VERY FAST.

And when the cops show up they will be impressed you had them all laid out without any gross bloody scene, but rather some very bruised thugs.

Than you can calmly explain the situation and go downtown willingly to give your report and press charges.

Or are nunchucks illegal in the UK now too?

[edit on 27-7-2009 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I can not believe this thread has turned into a debate about the effectiveness of what you would use as a weapon. Are you serious?? In the end the effectiveness of any choice of weapon comes down to the person using it. You can have a popsicle stick and I can have nunchucks and I can promise you the popsicle stick would win cause I have no clue how to use nunchucks. The whole argument is silly.... we are talking about someone who had one small moment to find a weapon to begin with. He grabbed the nearest thing he could. If my son was being beat down by 5 people on my own doorstep, I would not waste 5 min digging through my closet to find a baseball bat. I would not be moving to any other room in my home to find a weapon... I am going to grab the nearest thing. Gun, knife, umbrella, hell I would grab the whole coat rack if it was right by the door when I saw what was going on. It is really easy to sit back after the fact, think for 5 minutes and decide a much less lethal way to handle the situation. So all you people who want to go find the baseball bat... go right ahead. Just hope your son is not beaten to death while your off looking for it. While you sit back and debate with yourself over how to handle the situation... keep your fingers crossed and pray that your son doesn't end up like THIS KID. It only takes seconds to carry out an act like this. Are you going to waste precious seconds deciding what will be your weapon of choice? I think not.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This is knife crime britain we are talking about. Any father seeing his son on the ground being kicked by 5 thugs would do anything to stop them killing his loved one.

Put both sentenses together and the 57 year old reacted as any judge or juror would have reacted in the same situation. This fact will hopefully let him walk, although he will have a criminal record.

As regards calling the police when they were vandalising his works van. Be realistic ! they would have been long gone when and if the police arrived.

Sadly there would have been a way where he would have had more of the law on his side. That would have been if his wife had tried to save the son and had been hit in any way by the thugs. The empathy would have been there from the police if that had happened.

respects

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

And to think that if it were the old man who was stabbed, you would probably would have never heard about it.

I would dare say that you wouldn't even care enough to post a comment about it even if you did.

Let me tell you something about criminals, they value your life a lot, lot less than you value theirs, I have been in situations where someone was killed over a pair of sneakers and the suspect is wearing them before the
the body was even cold, blood drops and all.

That is how stupid and reckless the new generation of criminal is.

These teenagers that you and people like you love to coddle and give the benefit of the doubt to will grow up to be our greatest nightmares, you had better learn that people who react or overreact to an intrusion by the criminal element are not the bad ones here, its the criminal who got himself stabbed.

Had they not been there doing what they were doing this would have not happened, the homeowner was out numbered and he used a weapon to make sure that he was not the one who ended up dead.

I give much kudos to him and I hope a Jury does the sane thing and acquits him all all charges.

Slowly crime has become worse over the years because of mentalities like yours, what will it take for you to be outraged?

10 years from now people like you will be saying, all he was doing was raping that mans wife, why did he crack his head open?

He took the law into his hands, he should have called the Police and waited!

I hope that you don't find out the hard way that these little thugs have no love for you.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
In Britain you are allowed to use 'reasonable force' to defend your home or yourself. The problem with this is that 'reasonable force' is at the courts discretion; it is not legislated as such.

Stabbing this lad 5 times in the chest will probably be deemed 'excessive force'. If he'd stabbed him once, he may probably have got away with it. He may still get away with it, we don't know that yet.

This is why i keep a cricket bat in my car, with a ball, as advised by a policeman (off the record) who pulled me over one night. If i get into an altercation with someone on the road, and use my cricket bat to defend myself this would probably be deemed ok as the bat would be in my car for the legitimate reason of playing cricket (hence the ball) if it was on its own, it would look more like i was carrying it intentionally as a weapon and the courts would probably look unfavourably on me if it went to court.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by axehappy

It looks like this took place in the UK. There's your problem. If it was here in the USA I would've stepped outside with my 12 gauge shotgun and fired one round into the air. The punks beating up my son would've tripped over themselves getting the heck out of Dodge. Those that didn't immediately vacate the area would've pissed themselves then they would leave at a very rapid pace.

Those on here saying the father went too far make me sick. I'm glad you guys weren't my father. If five men have my son on the ground beating him, there is a very large possibility he will be killed. It just takes one good blow to the head. Good on this man for protecting his family. There is no governement that has the authority to tell you that you can defend your god given right to life. If someone is trying to snatch that from you or your family they have just forfeited that same right.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Some of the replies to this thread are truly shocking. It's not as if the father hunted down the criminals after the fact in order to engage in an act of premeditated vigilante justice. This is something that was done in the heat of the moment when you have a split second to make a decision and defend your family.

It's insanity to blame the victims. The police state is killing the will of the law-abiding people.

Is it too late to take advantage of THIS opportunity?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

We did discuss the placement of the wounds with the letter opener. It would seem unwise to use deadly force against unarmed opponents.

I think he would not have received quite as severe of a punishment if he did not use the letter opener to attempt to kill. Chest wounds are deadly and are considered killing blows. Leg wounds can be construed as an attempt to stop the unarmed attackers.

Unfortunately neither the father or the son ever considered a plan of action or a method to defend the home and property legally. It really sucks when it takes an incident like this to bring to light the fact that we do not live in a peaceful free love tree hug world. There are bad people. There are people who want your stuff and like in this case just want to destroy your stuff.

Maybe if they had planned a little better and put a golf club near the front door?

Grabbing the letter opener seems the desperate act of an unprepared, unplanned desperate man.

link   
reply to post by PieKeeper

No sir he should have offered his neck and all of his valuables, perhaps his first born as well.

The fire department could have come and cleaned up the homeowners blood afterward's and all the bleeding hearts here could sleep better tonight.

When did men become so cowardly?

Its good to see we still have men that are not cowardly boot licking abuse lovers!

link   
Hold on a sec,

Some-ones been stabbed and this guy was clearly involved.

The 5-0 simply had to arrest him, regardless of whether his actions were justified - the court will decide that.

You can't just let somebody go when there's a knife in some-ones chest.

Obviously i wasn't there. However, while i can understand how the knife might end up in some-one's chest in a fight, 5 times seems a bit excessive.

Granted the guy was probably scared witless and it sounds like a true case of self defence but the cops can't just make that decision when they turn up.

Just because he's been arrested doesn't mean he's been found guilty.

COME ON - BE SERIOUS - CAN THE POLICE REALLY JUST LET SOME-ONE GO WHO HAS JUST STABBED SOMEBODY 5 TIMES? - OF COURSE NOT

Ps. I'm all for sticking up for yourself but if you CHOOSE to take such a weapon into a situation like that, YOU have to accept that YOU are raising the stakes

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I think the "stabbed 5 times in the chest" "recovering in the hospital" and "letter opener" have not sunken in for everyone.

A letter opener is not very sharp, and it has a small handle. A chest has a breast-bone and ribs.

He had to continue stabbing until he got lucky and went between some ribs, otherwise it was only minor cuts and scrapes he was inflicting, and the thug was still fighting back aggressively!

He wasn't continually stabbing a corpse! And he obviously didn't do enough damage if the guy is "recovering"!!

In other words, this was not excessive force! He was forced to stab him multiple times because it wasn't doing enough damage!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join