It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa finds monster black hole sucking up gas, dust and stars at centre of galaxy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Nasa has found a monster black hole 100 million times the mass of the Sun feeding off gas, dust and stars at the centre of a galaxy 50 million light-years away.
The star-ringed black hole forms the eye of a galaxy called NGC-1097 which was photographed by the US space agency's Spitzer Space Telescope in California...

Well nothing much more to say but I thought the picture looked nice .

Also what do the electric universe people have to say about that one ? From what I remember the notion is that the black holes don't exist ? But don't that picture prove otherwise ?

Link to article : www.telegraph.co.uk...

[edit on 27-7-2009 by Thill]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Thill

Very cool picture, I saw this the other night on another site, I was thinking how truly awsome this universe really is, and how quicky it could be sucked right our of exsistance!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Yep the universe is amazing , and I wish there was a way to see some more of it but more close up and personal
Manny times I wished I was born about 100-200 years into the future when (hopefully) mankind has some decent means of space exploration .

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Delete post please

[edit on 27/7/09 by dmorgan]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
It seems every Galaxy has a super massive black hole in the middle of them.. Although this one seems to be a monster..
I think there just learning the very early tidbits of info of how galaxies are propelled/work. The speed of some of the stars that are on the edge of these black holes are Unbelievably Fast.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Well, they have known for years there are black holes in the centers of galaxies.. Thought that was in the school teachings by now !?

Something has to drive the galaxies, same with the planets, something must make them spin...

new topics

top topics

join