It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Endangered 4th Amendment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
The bill of rights is a contract of freedom in this country. A collective of 10 Amendments to the Constitution of the United States that allows great personal freedoms guaranteed by our founding fathers.

In the United States, the Bill of Rights is the name by which the first ten amendments to the United States Constitution are known.[1] They were introduced by James Madison to the First United States Congress in 1789 as a series of articles, and came into effect on December 15, 1791, when they had been ratified by three-fourths of the States. Thomas Jefferson was a proponent of the Bill of Rights.

But there are enemies to those freedoms. People who wish to tear the bill of rights into confetti and with it our constitutionally protected freedoms.

To overtly oppress these laws and to usurp them of course would be futile. Too many Americans enjoy these freedoms and with them they stand free and proud. Many would react with conviction and anger to an overt attack against these basic tenants of our freedom. Instead they use a cunning tactic. Fear. They use the various media outlets at their disposal in order to condition us into giving up these basic freedoms one by one without a fight.

They use propaganda in order to portray an enemy to the collective consciousness. This has the ability to weaken our resolve, weaken our good sense and thus force us to willingly give up those freedoms in order to have the illusion of being safer.

We are played against each other politically in a chess game. In this game, there is only one player moving the pieces. The outcome is of course a new law passed that usurps the constitution in such a way that it is palatable to the general public. There are a few that see through the rouse and know the truth in the lies. But in the end the effect is the same.

This brings me to my point. Our 4th Amendment rights are under attack. They are using a base fear to weaken our resolve and thus diminish the effectiveness of the 4th Amendment. And they are using their own puppet as a sacrificial lamb to accomplish this.

I am of course talking about the controversy of Obama's place of Birth. Even as I write this, Congress is questioned. But why? That is the question that each and every person should ask themselves. Why this President? Sure, there have been others that do not satisfy the basic requirements outlined in Article 2 Section 1 of the United States Constitution, they each were ousted before the person was ever put on the ballot.

But Obama's birthplace remains a question mark. But why? Where did this issue arise? And who were the ones that originally asked the question? During the campaign both Obama, and McCain were asked to prove their eligibility. Both were satisfied with each others proof. and so the campaign went forward. But at that point the seed for this discord was planted. That seed grew into the burgeoning birth controversy that we are faced today.

Why place two players in the game that have the disadvantage of having the shadow of doubt placed over them as to their eligibility? Why start a firestorm of fear in the public? Why raise doubt? If not to undermine something that otherwise citizens would not dare ask?

There are people in your day to day life that have a right to ask for proper identification. But does the general public?

Can an officer of the law stop you on the street and demand your identification without cause?

Our 4th Amendment rights are in danger and because of this issue, people that otherwise would be unwilling to comply with such an absurd ludicrous idea of search and seizure without warrant or just cause are more than willing to give up this basic freedom just so they can get at someone they don't believe in politically.

And they do it with one sentence...

"Show us your birth certificate"

What exactly is on the long form birth certificate that would do anyone any good?

The doctor's name? What good would that do you? The doctor could not verify this because of doctor patient confidentiality laws. By questioning the doctor (if in fact he is still alive) you are both violating the 4th Amendment rights of the doctor in question as well as the patient.

The hospital? The same rule applies. I worked in a nice little nursing home for a while when I was younger. They had a simple rule posted up. "What you see here, and what you hear here, It stays here." This was to protect the residents.

But to vilify one man many (400,000 by one estimation, less than 14% of the population) are completely willing to give up their and our 4th Amendment rights protecting unwarranted search and seizure with one line.

"Show us your birth certificate."

Is it any wonder that Obama has spent so much in protecting his 4th Amendment rights? Would you if there were people who questioned you? Or would you give up your rights under the Constitution because it's more convenient?

Ask yourself honestly what purpose it does serve, who it serves, and what you will do with the information.

Because nothing in this country is worth fighting for more than our basic freedoms that are outlined in a little document called the Bill of Rights. Are you willing to give up those freedoms promised to you with the blood of fallen patriots because you do not like the policies of one puppet placed in a figurehead seat?

[edit on 7/27/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Didn't the Patriot Act screw our rights for unwarranted Search and Seizure? What about that?

I'm not disagreeing as I believe he has the right because he probably feels like he is being attacked discriminitevely, but what about our rights. We are being stripped of them slowly but surely?

What about when the people demanded their right to petition the government under the 1st Ammendment questioning them to show us the law which makes us have to pay an income tax and our own government told us they didn't have to answer our question, violating the peoples 1st ammendment?

What makes it ok for them to do it?

When the people cannot question their government, but the government can question the ppeople, where does that leave us?

[edit on 27-7-2009 by prepare4it777]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by prepare4it777

The patriot act is a prime example of using fear to enact something that is inherently against the 4th Amendment to the Constitution. The propaganda behind the Patriot Act is to be able to spy on domestic terrorists wherever they be due to extenuating circumstances like being a member of a radical group or a website like ATS.

This is a great example of why our 4th Amendment right is endangered.

Some helpful videos below...

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

that was an awfully long monologue there. I think it may be important to ask YOU, who do you serve?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by johnnyflip

I am sorry citizen, that information is not available to you at your security clearance

new topics

top topics

join