It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NKorea says it is open to new dialogue on nukes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

NKorea says it is open to new dialogue on nukes

news.yahoo.com

SEOUL, South Korea – North Korea said Monday that it is open to new dialogue to defuse tensions over its nuclear weapons program in what appeared to be a call for direct talks with the United States.

The statement from Pyongyang's Foreign Ministry marks a rare expression of willingness to talk by a regime that has rapidly escalated tensions with a flurry of provocations in recent months, including a nuclear test and a series of missile launches.

It also suggests that the communist regime thinks it has raised its stakes enough, and it's time to negotiate.

On Monday, North Korea mad
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
What an interesting move...

I have to say someone had a little chat with those fellas and they soon realized that playing up this nuclear ante was not such a good idea after all. It is also possible as the article states that the new negotiations will impart NK's new status as a world player. I feel this is a positive event regardless of why they are doing it, maybe it was just a matter of time before nations started to claim their stake in the pie of life. Again, this is very odd because I just read on this site a while back that NK was calling Hilary Clinton a "funny lady" and more suited as a "school girl" then as a politician. What a strange world, maybe we are just in the Twilight Zone after all?

SVE

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-7-2009 by thedude69]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
great, so we will just make him up a nice package full of millions of dollars worth of luxury goods.

this should keep these bad men happy for a while. Great.

what a joke. WHO IS IN CHARGE???

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
This is most likely along the lines of the old saying 'keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer.'

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
great, so we will just make him up a nice package full of millions of dollars worth of luxury goods.

this should keep these bad men happy for a while. Great.

what a joke. WHO IS IN CHARGE???

Yeah, I have to agree with you.

NK pulls this crap on every new President. This is their M.O.!!
First they throw a tantrum by shooting missiles and say they are going to start their nuke reactors in a attempt to get the attention of the U.S.

Finally they claim they are ready for nuke negotiations. This is of course after the U.S. agrees to give them some goodies.

This cycle will repeat for the next President.
Sad that they play this game and pathetic that the U.S. repeats itself. This cycle has been played out for decades.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Ignore them, give them nothing and put them on the worlds naughty step to sulk. Just like a spoilt child they seem to think throwing a tantrum gets them what they want. Don't give them the attention they crave.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowbeard

they will give them the attention though. It was talked about just the other day, how there was an incentive being put together to encourage them to stop the Nuke activity.

So they will say yes to that, then start their activity again a few months down the line. How predictable.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

I think its time the WORLD gave them an incentive.

STOP BEING THE PLAY GROUND TRAILER TRASH , BI POLAR , JACKASS OR WERE GONNA THROW YOU OUTA THE SAND BOX!

Heres some more incentive, keep talking trash and at some point someone is gonna knock your teeth out.........probably wont be the US, but someone will eventually get pissed off enough, and have the right people behind them, say, china or russia

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

i agree. The Kim jong il show is getting very boring. Its about time they put the foot down there.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
On a lighter note....

There should be no talks with NK until KJI gets rid of those silly giant Six Flags glasses that he wears and gets some better clothes! I am getting a little tired of the plain green jumpsuit looking crap he wears....I mean get a real suit or something dude. It is hard to take him seriously with those giant glasses.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
So they are now wanting to talk are they?
I say time for talk is over, they are like the smart mouthed idiot just moved into the street who acts tough and noisy without any consideration for anybody else then when he realises everyone just thinks he is a tosser and that big Frank the biker has just come back from holiday and has his fist clenched.
Nuts to them, stupid weird zombified country.
Here's the deal, next nuke test you become a car park for South Korea.
Negotiations over.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I hope we ignore them completely. How many times has Kim done this? He ramps up the rhetoric and military exercises and threats, he gets more sanctions against his country, and then he negotiates some new "aid" and his people love him for it!

Maybe he got Hillary mad enough this time to have a different outcome!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Wasn't Japan involved in 'talks' with the US while battle groups were headed towards Pearl Harbor?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
What a surprise!

The schizo N.K. regime suddenly wants to "talk" after months of spewing their bellicose rhetoric about their "fire-cracker" nuke program and incessently popping off wimpy "bottle rockets" over the Sea of Japan.

I say LET THEM EAT YELLOW CAKE !

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Don't fret:

We'll spend hundreds of thousands of dollars sending envoys and messages via Switzerland, then we'll spend another 2 months or so contemplating their demands, then we'll probably provide them with tens of millions of dollars in aide (you know, for the people suffering in NK
), and then we'll watch as they launch another missle with the money we just gave them, and then we'll say 'Shame on you', and then we'll spend another few hundred thousand dollars trying to figure out what they really want.....

and on and on....

all while we report on the terrible number of people in the US that are homeless, jobless, hopeless.....

[edit on 27-7-2009 by lpowell0627]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
great!!

let them prove themselves,,,!!!

and no way should 1 dollar should go to them in the meantime!!

no way pay them millions of dollars to behave,,,

they obviously rather spend money on missles and their nuke technology yet want some aid money,,,,,NO WAY!!!

I hope when Kimmy is dead they cremate him and flush his ashes down a toilet...

they pull these games befor...

dont get me wrong,,,we nead a major change there and some peace,,,but his regime is un-trustworthy,,,

he alone and his regime is responsible for the suffering of the people there,,,

the balls in their court,,let them prove it!!

huggs everyone

new topics

top topics

join