It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you know this, about the Theory of Light ?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

Hey thanks for that as you articulated in a succinct and erudite way of what a lot of my own personal understandings that I have come to in this moment of time and space. I also see that the reality we live in is a holographic one and that ones experience is that of either the ego or the Heart mind.
Ego being what we experience around us as perceived and projected fear, hate, conflict and war.
The Heart mind how ever being then that which is creating compassion, understanding, appreciation, happiness, peace and joy for anything and everything around us.
Though I see that people are now accessing the Heart mind after understanding the circuitous routes of the ego have led humanity nowhere and as you alluded to we are indeed struggling at the "Primate" Level still.
In fact we should be able to access together all of our inherent mind technologies to create a Utopian society with no need for pain, loss or punishment.
You might find this website link interesting. As it has some understandings that I agree with, but not all

www.lyricus.org...

[edit on 26-3-2010 by Epsillion70]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by aik4on

Dear Matrix Traveller,

I shall be most grateful if you will summarise in a few paragraphs what you believe 'The Truth' to be and then explain how your claims about the nature of light support this theory.

Oh, and links to any peer reviewed scientific evidence to support your hypothesis would be rather handy, too.

Many thanks.

Here is a very brief account; Please read the whole reply.

Two Parts with 25 Drawings.
Part 1

To be honest with you I can’t find the correct words in English to give a true title, to what I am trying to Identify but it is sort of like as state of being Aware. Or the ability to observe, Compare, and evaluate. I don’t mean in the personal sense as you would understand as being like any species whether or this world or any other for that matter.

I am of the opinion that this was a third state of the opposites existing which I can only describe as Nothing & something. I will try to explain by comparing the existence of Nothing and Something to a common situation of our perception…

I am Not a writer by any stretch of the imagination so my communication skills may be not the best.

But any way here goes…

This “Nothing & Something” pair of opposites, could appear as the origin and that which is Conceptually Not of the origin, but rather away from it, whether in the geographic sense, conceptually or not. Even in the condition of a question a similar logic would apply so we are not talking of anything we may interpret as being of physical nature.

The state of consciousness which is probably a poor analogy of the word would be the presence of something that could consciously be aware of difference by the function of comparing one or more situations.

I can’t find in any Dictionary a suitable word to use and in using other words or terms Corrupts the True meaning of what I have found.

This may be the third State that existed with or as the result of Something and Nothing.

I would suggest that such a situation evolved out of these two opposites existing together. As time would not have existed, in this condition nor energy, it would be sort of like the centre of a disc having no size or shape and could be said to be nothing yet it exists conceptually. And the Outward component gives shape and size even if only existing in the conceptual state or sense.

Where this evolution started, I understand was from the existence of this strange pair of opposites.

The Origin and that which is Not…. being its opposite..

To better explain the steps of evolution, I will represent these steps graphically, (in order the events took place) as a picture is worth a thousand words.

As we are tying to relate to this in a way we can understand, I will represent this state as being Darkness. You may say that darkness lacks light but I tend to understand it as darkness being that which lacks hue or perhaps Contrast (Conceptually)

In order to grasp the start of evolution we need to put everything in existence as we know of now out of our mind and perhaps understand in abstract logic, involving a conceptual state of existence only. So in order for this to develop I am persuaded, to look at darkness being that of greyness. Even if we accept this as lacking light, the model still works the same. But I rather would interpret greyness as being made up of a pair of opposites. In this case Black & White,
Black and White are Opposites.
And if we mix Black and White we get Greyness whether we like it or not.

So I will represent this Mixture by showing an area of Greyness.

Drawing 01.

The first Conceptual movement I believe was “To & Fro”, producing a Concept of a straight line between the ends of the Concept “To & Fro”.
The length of the Line or the distance the ends are apart, are irrelevant as it does Not alter these three components…
Two similar and One different.

a. The two ends are Similar yet Opposite.
b. But the Conceptual line that exists between these two ends is different.

Drawing 02.

And its Opposite.

Drawing 03.

Drawing 04.

Because this condition of awareness could be conscious of this Concept it was left with the question which resulted in producing other rays of the same nature. This lead to the discovery of Rotation as a result of comparing the rays with each other extending away from the origin. It was discovered that the rotation could be in either direction. (again the Pair of Opposites Clockwise & Anticlockwise.)

Drawing 05.

This was the Second Concept.

Are we able to perceive anything that does not have an Inner and Outer ?
Are we able to perceive anything that does not have an Opposite?
Are we able to perceive anything that is neither Straight, Curved or the combination of these two?

So you can see that different pairs are appearing.

There are two basic forms of Rotation.

a. about the Origin
b. about a point between the ends.

Note; we have again a pair.

So the two and fro action passed through the Centre of Rotation thus doubling in length.

Drawing 06.

This could also rotate, in either Direction producing another Pair of Opposites.

So as the To & Fro Action producing the Concept of the Line, Rotated about its Centre, it created the First Face… A Disc. (The First Form being the Straight section between the ends.)
As the Line rotates, it cause the Concept to oscillate between Something and Nothing, if we consider one point or location within the disc, between the centre and the perimeter. The Conceptual Pulse comes from the Line (Conceptual) Passing over any Point or Location.

This produced the First Face. The Disc.

Drawing 07.

At this stage the concept can’t change within itself, so another pair was produced, using the line.
One Line Rotated over the Other..
And they would be opposite from each other, in other words one would rotate while the other remain static. As the rotating Line Rotated, the opposite orientation was discovered, every time the rotating line passed through the orientation of that of 90° to the static line, thus forming a cross.

Drawing 08.

A third disc remained in the Centre. It doesn’t matter what position the static line remains in and just for convenience, I have chosen the vertical position. The rotating Line producing the Disc then traversed to one end of the static line.

Drawing 09.

And again another conceptual disc then traversed to the other end of the static line.

Drawing10.

As a result of the Transition of the disc, a trace by the perimeter of the rotating line or disc was discovered. This resulted in forming a Square. (Referring to the Perimeter.)

Drawing 11.

The same phenomena was also discovered, if the horizontal static line 90° was used instead of the vertical, for the transition of the rotating line or disc, reinforcing the concept of the Square.

This Square was the Second Face that was discovered.

And Two images were noted. The first being a vertical line in the Square, dividing it into Left and Right equal portions… A bit like the Pages of a book we know today.

Drawing 12.

The other Image was the same, but in the horizontal orientation, as though laying down ?
Note; again the Pair and the Opposites ? Both Vertical and Horizontal Conceptual Images.

To comply with the discovery of the opposites and pairs, a copy of a side was rotated through an arc, to extend Diagonally from one corner of the Square to the other, but of course fell short of connecting to the other corner. So a copy of this diagonal line was stretched to connect to the opposite corner. It was at this stage, “Distance” was discovered by the comparing of the two diagonals with each other. The diagonal be of course √2.

Drawing 13.

Drawing 14.

So now the two diagonals are added to the Concept. Notice a pair of diagonals, similar but opposite again.

Drawing 15.

Now at this stage of development, conforming to the first Concept of To & Fro, “Back Engineering” took place. And as the mid position was in the place of the Origin, i.e. the Inner, the Back Engineering took place from its opposite end the Outer but using the first Concept of To & Fro.

Take one side…. (any side But I have just chosen this one for convenience to present understanding.)

Drawing 16.

And now on the return of the producing of the Line (if I start from the lower left Corner) instead of retracing along the same root instead incorporate the second To & Fro found in the discovery of the Diagonal (the To & Fro both of the vertical and horizontal simultaneously)….

Drawing 17.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by aik4on

Dear Matrix Traveller,

I shall be most grateful if you will summarise in a few paragraphs what you believe 'The Truth' to be and then explain how your claims about the nature of light support this theory.

Oh, and links to any peer reviewed scientific evidence to support your hypothesis would be rather handy, too.

Many thanks.

Part 2

And on returning to just the Vertical direction arrived at the Upper Right corner in this case.

Drawing 18.

And returning back along this Rout found the origin of this second To & Fro. Forming the geometry of this glyph which is similar to our “N” in Greek, and English language today.

Drawing 19.

On recalling the Second Concept i.e. Rotation, this glyph was Rotated and of course can be rotated in either Rotation. Clockwise or Anticlockwise. Resulting the form changing from a “N” to a “Z”.

Drawing 20.

Giving the original structure as in Drawing 15 ???

Drawing 21.

In a clearer Form… So these three Components Represent the Geometric Algorithm displayed as I N Z.

Drawing 22.

Now when we rotate this through 90° in the Vertical axis, so the face is now side on or edge on, I can now show you the mechanics of a face. Even though The face has Zero thickness the concepts still apply.

Drawing 23.

And in this Drawing shows that any given Plane has two Faces, even if only Conceptual, as well as in what we refer to as the Physical sense. So the first and Second faces (The first Face being Round or a Disc and the Second Square Face.) have a Front and Rear Face ???

Drawing 24.

And Conceptually, if we portray what exists between these two faces, there is an action taking place, separating the Components of the Greyness, into its Two Sub Components of Black & White.

White on One Face, Black on the Other Face (Front and Rear Faces)

Now this is where it gets a little weird…
n fact as a result of understanding Conceptually, what was believed to have had Two Faces i.e. a Front and Back Face actually has more than just Two Faces.

Drawing 025.

It is extremely Important to Understand that we still don’t have any so called physical Universe and Still no Energy, Not even Gravity as we know it yet, at this Stage of the Evolution Process of Awareness or what ever label one wants to put on this…
As all exists in Conceptual form only…

But anyway, Notice in Drawing 025. Taking into account that there is Nothing Physical, but only the representation of Abstract Logic or Concepts, there are Four Faces and Not Two…

a. The Two Outer Faces… Front and Rear.
b. The Two Inner Faces …. Front Inner and Rear Inner.

It is between these Two Sets of Two Faces, we find the Activity of that Awareness, resulting in an oscillation of what we call LIGHT today ????

This is How Light was Formed Out of Darkness.

Nothing Religious about This….. LOL.

From this Point on I can show How All has been manifested Step By Step up until this Day, involving thousands of 100% Acurate Drawings...

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

no doubt. Jeffkosmo just doesn't get quantum physics -- you can tell he's an engineer.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew hempel

no doubt. Jeffkosmo just doesn't get quantum physics -- you can tell he's an engineer.

Thanks for your input..

Sorry I have never heard of him..... so I will check him out...

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Drew,

You seem like a smart person.

So I'm glad we find something we can agree on!

Cheers,

Arby

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller

Thanks for your input..

Sorry I have never heard of him..... so I will check him out...

He's the guy you were asking me about on the last page who had his own theory of light, it's interesting, but it ignores quantum mechanics observations so it's not too helpful in the real world:

Hi Arbitrageur,
Do you know the persons credentials in the movie ??? I would be interested to know….

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Thanks Once again for your input..

Always appreciated...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

This is How Light was Formed Out of Darkness.

HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!!! LIGHT is coherent in itself it ULTIMATELY Illuminates ITSELF AND Gives of itself PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your Juxtaposition right there invites the most insane of premises there exactly! I see and envisage misinformation right their!!! And I must say illogical to the highest degree and it is like saying in an archaic way that that only after the night hence forth the day will come. I see Greco- Roman imperical understandings here and not the true Sumer/Chaldean exact logical ones!

[edit on 29-3-2010 by Epsillion70]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
LIGHT is the Source of all that is... PERIOD and actually eternal if you do the Math

Hence the link here!

www.gallerydir.com...

[edit on 29-3-2010 by Epsillion70]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Epsillion70

Perhaps but remember this is only a “human interpretation”…..of the end result, after decoded by your eyes and brain and is Not the information transferred before such decoding…

Light can be observed to behave as particles or as waves because all things comes in pairs... Sometimes are easily seen as Opposites, but at other times has humanity completely #%%$$%% ed.

There is a big difference between the Cause and the End result...

These 2 are nothing at all like each other...

And they Must Not be confused with each other...

What I have shown above, has nothing at all, to do with the decoded version you experience, but is the Root of what Light is the result of. So please do Not Confuse this…

As I mention in the above that Nothing material or of Gravity or Energy had been produced at this stage in the evolution process.

Energy and Gravity are only manifestations of your experience in the world or Universe. It does Not mean that such forces exist Outside this experience or universe.

There isn’t a single part to what you experience… but more than one process is involved.

1st. Something is presenting data to be decoded and analysed..

2nd. that Something is receiving that communication media.

3rdly. it is decoded and is translated into an apparent manifestation.

Actually all that is experienced is/of in something that has No size or shape or is Non dimensional.

To explain the whole procedure would take a few thousand pages, including more than 50,000 (Fifty thousand) Drawings to present the whole construct.
What I have shown so far is only the Root that lays in Abstract Logic, expressing Geometrically describing Concepts and has nothing to do with what you believe to be reality.

The whole process involves Communication (Geometric) between an infinite number of faces or planes. This is infinite cecause it Conceptual in nature.

The only reason the human species understands things in a so called physical sense, is because of his insecurity and desire for such a material world, something to feel and hold onto or believe to own, which by the way is considdered to be the norm by the human species only.

When in fact all is contained in something which is Non dimensional having No Size or Shape.

All that you experience is the result, of a highly organised and complex, yet simple Processing system, involving the presentation of strings of Geometric Glyphs in a given format, between innumerable faces or planes, within a Partition Map.

What contains these programs, is Nothing Material and exist, embodying what you perceive.
Each entity dwells within these Partition maps that are networked together as one.

It is the Complex instructions (Represented by Glyphs), which are relayed to your Face or Plane, and then interpreted by your decoding system, that then presents to you, your so called reality.

The Transfer media of this information, has some holographic features, (referring to the granule textures) both in the storage systems, as well as the Communication media, that is then decoded by your eyes and brain to present your so called reality. But even then your body is manifested from these Complex Concepts.

There is a geometric Instruction, that enable this transfer media i.e. just the carrier which if you are able to produce a Flash animation, in the form of a ring of small discs of a given Format and rotate them at the correct speed, anyone who is living can see the holographic media over the enclosed area by the ring as a Granular texture.

If you are not into constructing animations, then U2U me, and In will forward to you an example in a gif. format so you can observe this for yourself.

It is impossible to photograph this phenomenon, as the film can't record this, but any living person can see it…

If you lay down in a well sun lit room and relax with your eyes closed, after a minute or two a similar texture will be seen in your vision (with your eyes closed) but far more complex, as it contains information in each granules, similar to Holographic transfer media.

If you study what you see you may notice that the Granule texture is hyly organised and has a sequence to its behaviour, which can be repetitve.

In the animated version you won’t see the same amount of complexity, as information is missing from the transfer media, induced by the geometric instruction. But it is still the same transfer media carrier.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Perhaps but remember this is only a “human interpretation”…..of the end result, after decoded by your eyes and brain and is Not the information transferred before such decoding…

Light can be observed to behave as particles or as waves because all things comes in pairs... Sometimes are easily seen as Opposites, but at other times has humanity completely #%%$$%% ed.

There is a big difference between the Cause and the End result...

These 2 are nothing at all like each other...

And they Must Not be confused with each other...

What I have shown above, has nothing at all, to do with the decoded version you experience, but is the Root of what Light is the result of. So please do Not Confuse this…

As I mention in the above that Nothing material or of Gravity or Energy had been produced at this stage in the evolution process.

Energy and Gravity are only manifestations of your experience in the world or Universe. It does Not mean that such forces exist Outside this experience or universe.

There isn’t a single part to what you experience… but more than one process is involved.

1st. Something is presenting data to be decoded and analysed..

2nd. that Something is receiving that communication media.

3rdly. it is decoded and is translated into an apparent manifestation.

Actually all that is experienced is/of in something that has No size or shape or is Non dimensional.

To explain the whole procedure would take a few thousand pages, including more than 50,000 (Fifty thousand) Drawings to present the whole construct.
What I have shown so far is only the Root that lays in Abstract Logic, expressing Geometrically describing Concepts and has nothing to do with what you believe to be reality.

The whole process involves Communication (Geometric) between an infinite number of faces or planes. This is infinite cecause it Conceptual in nature.

The only reason the human species understands things in a so called physical sense, is because of his insecurity and desire for such a material world, something to feel and hold onto or believe to own, which by the way is considdered to be the norm by the human species only.

When in fact all is contained in something which is Non dimensional having No Size or Shape.

All that you experience is the result, of a highly organised and complex, yet simple Processing system, involving the presentation of strings of Geometric Glyphs in a given format, between innumerable faces or planes, within a Partition Map.

What contains these programs, is Nothing Material and exist, embodying what you perceive.
Each entity dwells within these Partition maps that are networked together as one.

It is the Complex instructions (Represented by Glyphs), which are relayed to your Face or Plane, and then interpreted by your decoding system, that then presents to you, your so called reality.

The Transfer media of this information, has some holographic features, (referring to the granule textures) both in the storage systems, as well as the Communication media, that is then decoded by your eyes and brain to present your so called reality. But even then your body is manifested from these Complex Concepts.

There is a geometric Instruction, that enable this transfer media i.e. just the carrier which if you are able to produce a Flash animation, in the form of a ring of small discs of a given Format and rotate them at the correct speed, anyone who is living can see the holographic media over the enclosed area by the ring as a Granular texture.

If you are not into constructing animations, then U2U me, and In will forward to you an example in a gif. format so you can observe this for yourself.

It is impossible to photograph this phenomenon, as the film can't record this, but any living person can see it…

If you lay down in a well sun lit room and relax with your eyes closed, after a minute or two a similar texture will be seen in your vision (with your eyes closed) but far more complex, as it contains information in each granules, similar to Holographic transfer media.

If you study what you see you may notice that the Granule texture is hyly organised and has a sequence to its behaviour, which can be repetitve.

In the animated version you won’t see the same amount of complexity, as information is missing from the transfer media, induced by the geometric instruction. But it is still the same transfer media carrier.

Hey Matrix Traveller I have to go over your material again as it is a lot to taken all at once. Though I do still stand on my own personal understanding that light is of itself and is not dualistic physically or metaphysically. Darkness therefore is simply the absence of light, Darkness is an illusory belief construct of mind that forgot the knowledge of what light is. Though I admit a bit of a dichotomy when understood in the "primate, Greco-Roman" view of the world because after all this world of physical form in moments of time and space are made with duality in mind.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Hey Matrix Traveller I have to go over your material again as it is a lot to taken all at once. Though I do still stand on my own personal understanding that light is of itself and is not dualistic physically or metaphysically.

What I have shown is a very, very, minute part of an introduction....

I am Not suggesting it is metaphysical, the R&D I am associated with, is not theoretical, but can be demonstrated in your world....

Darkness therefore is simply the absence of light, Darkness is an illusory belief construct of mind that forgot the knowledge of what light is.

I don't think so…. Something produces Darkness or it wouldn't exist.

Darkness is certainly Not governed by or dictated by your memory....

We have Dark colours such as Dark Blue, Dark Green etc.

ie This blue is darker than that blue even when seen in the same Light.... LOL

If Light was absorbed it has to go somewhere if it is what you believe it to be...

What hapens when an object is Full of Light according to your belifes does it suddenly become unseen...

You see The Colour Black and this involves Light if it was due to an absence of Light then you would not see a black object... ?

As in all things everything comes in pars…. There are 2 states of Darkness.

Lack of light is only one form.

So how do you account for greyness? And how Dark a given example of grey is ???

The level of Grey is determined by its location between 2 Thresholds One being Black & the Other White.

Mix Black and White and tell me what you get.

Then alternate Black & white at differen Frequencies and tell me what you see.

Though I admit a bit of a dichotomy when understood in the "primate, Greco-Roman" view of the world because after all this world of physical form in moments of time and space are made with duality in mind.

Well time is a manufacture illusion it is always in the PRESENT.

Hence the Gift...
Sorry a little dry humour...

Past and future all exist in the Present.

Liken it to a CD... where the Beginning the End and the In-between exists at the same time, that is in its static state on the Disc.
But when made dynamic i.e. put in the player, the output becomes sequential thus giving the illusion of time.

Note; It also appears much different than it's makeup on the disc...

When the human species learns to treat their universe in a 2D perspective... as well as the 3D manifestation, by understanding the Programs that produce your experience, and understands the true nature of time, in that it can be treated in 2 different ways… then and only then, will the human species experience what you believe to be travel through our little Universe.

Until then, if Not understood, we shall firmly remain Earth bound...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Hi,
In your message, you say:
>>but his attempt to explain the results is a major failure, since he doesn't even seem to understand what the key results actually are.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jeffkosmo

Hi Jeff,

I answered that question earlier in the post you quoted from but I'll point out some key issues again here:

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
That video doesn't discuss any double slit experiment, only a single slit experiment. While he shows a picture of a double slit at 9:10 with an "X" through it indicating he doesn't believe in the wave interference pattern, he never discusses nor explains the results obtained with the double slit experiment, as seen here: en.wikipedia.org...

I liked your graphics and found your arguments interesting for the results of the single slit experiment. But where I think you missed the boat is when you show this image at 9:10:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b16b84da6f7f.jpg[/atsimg]

This illustration shows a double slit with a wave interference pattern resulting from the double slits. You draw a big red "X" through it and claim this wave interpretation is wrong, but you never even discuss the double slit experiment in your video, only the single slit experiment! Here is the difference in the way the interference patterns look for the two experiments:

Single slit vs. double slit

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3cf11c6388b7.jpg[/atsimg]

All your video talks about is the single slit interference pattern shown at the top. And you present a somewhat plausible explanation for how this pattern might be explained without invoking wave behavior. But you can't use that information to conclude that the double slit experiment doesn't prove a wave interference pattern, in fact that's why the double slit experiment is so important. I've never seen anyone explain the smaller dark bands closer together in the double slit experiment with any kind of particle behavior. The particle behavior from the two slits would be additive, and it's not additive in the areas where we see the small dark bands. If you can figure out a way to explain that with particle behavior, you'd be the first one I'm aware of to do so.

Double-slit experiment

according to classical particle physics the brightness at any point should be the sum of the brightness when the right slit is blocked and the brightness when the left slit is blocked. However, it is found that unblocking both slits makes some points on the screen brighter, and other points darker. This can only be explained by the alternately additive and subtractive interference of waves, not the exclusively additive nature of particles, so we know that light must have some particle-wave duality.

Again quoting from the post I made which you referenced:

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
en.wikipedia.org...

The most baffling part of this experiment comes when only one photon at a time is fired at the barrier with both slits open. The pattern of interference remains the same, as can be seen if many photons are emitted one at a time and recorded on the same sheet of photographic film. The clear implication is that something with a wavelike nature passes simultaneously through both slits and interferes with itself — even though there is only one photon present.

Originally posted by jeffkosmo
Could you please be a bit more specific. Which key parts do you feel I don't understand or don't adequately address in my video.

The double slit experiment questions you don't answer with your "particle theory", that only a "wave behavior" as part of wave-particle duality can explain, are:
1. How can the interference pattern be "subtractive" or canceling to create dark bands (absence of light) when the 2nd slit is uncovered, unless the behavior is wave-like?
2. How can firing a single photon through the two slit barrier create an interference pattern, unless the behavior is wave-like?

Regarding my credentials, right under where I'm typing this it says, "Please do not post your own personal information." So I won't get too specific other than to say I have a masters degree, not in quantum mechanics, however I did successfully complete a post-graduate master's level course in quantum mechanics, and am an ex-member of Mensa (I stopped paying the dues).

I hope that answers your question but feel free to ask for clarification if it doesn't.

Regards,

Arby

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Light and its Dual Nature...

Dare I say ???

I get the feeling I was wrong, in saying that it may take yet another 1,000 years for the human species to explore this little Universe, ie cross galaxies in minutes or hours.

As humankind get their heads around the duality in everything, including the dual nature of both Time and Space, we will be able to apply this understanding in treating the Universe as a 2D model....

This I believe will give us the technology to cross Galaxies in minutes instead of what is expected by humanity at present.

If this is to be achieved, it is not going to involve "propulsion systems" of any kind, but rather by interfacing with the Programs that produce this experience and environment.

The 3D aspect is only one component (interpretation) of the true nature of what we experience in the end equation, bearing in mind that there are two different approaches, that involve either the Experience we interpret, or what produces this experience, before being decoded by our human makeup, or perhaps thirdly we need to apply a combination of both.

Perhaps understand the 2D interpretation or nature of our Universe, may lead to the discovering of the required technology, to achieve intergalactic transport?
Or even the Ol "beam me up Scotty" tech?

I am now becoming more optimistic that this can be achieved, in the Not so distant future, but what I am a little concerned about is... have we achieved the social skills, to take on this responsibility, if we come across intelligent civilisations, perhaps millions of years ahead of the human species?
Are we really ready, for these social implications, if we find such alien beings?

[edit on 30-3-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

... have we achieved the social skills, to take on this responsibility, if we come across intelligent civilisations, perhaps millions of years ahead of the human species?
Are we really ready, for these social implications, if we find such alien beings?

I think most of us share your concern. We acquired atomic and nuclear bomb technology before we were really ready for it and the Cuban missile crisis could have turned out very differently, in WWIII for example.

When more advanced civilizations have encountered less advanced civilizations on Earth, it has more often than not, meant bad news for the less advanced civilizations, which on a galactic scale, would be us. That's MY concern about putting ourselves out there before we're ready. Yes I'd like to think other intelligences are benevolent, but I don't think we can assume that, especially when we have such a not so benevolent side ourselves.

I'm not sure what this has to do with the theory of light other than light speed possibly being what some scientists have called "God's Quarantine", meaning that unless it's possible to exceed the speed of light to travel between stars, intelligent species may find encounters with each other very unusual. Can a civilization a million years ahead of us technologically travel faster than the speed of light? Some people say, "of course" but I say, the answer is unclear. Maybe, maybe not.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Thank you for your Post...

Re...

I'm not sure what this has to do with the theory of light other than light speed possibly being what some scientists have called "God's Quarantine", meaning that unless it's possible to exceed the speed of light to travel between stars, intelligent species may find encounters with each other very unusual. Can a civilization a million years ahead of us technologically travel faster than the speed of light? Some people say, "of course" but I say, the answer is unclear. Maybe, maybe not.

I was just reflecting on some past moments, I must be getting old ?

One of the notions that prevents us from crossing Galaxies at present is our human understanding of Light having velocity and or interpretation of Space and Time.

But remember that dual nature of Light… Perhaps both Dynamic and Static???

There are other ways of interpreting our experience and as we discover more about this, our understanding of Light will no doubt mature.

There is a process that produces and automatically governs our experiences.

It is this process that manifests our story, involving all things that are perceived through the human processes.

I am of the understanding that Two systems exist...

1. the system most are aware of the Universe.

2. The system that produces this universe, which is much different than most understand on Earth, or in this experience involving this little Universe.

I say "little universe" only because what I have been exposed to in the past, and what I have come to find that I am at presently involved with.

Up until recently I could only perceive the universe in a 3D model, but since have discovered another application where the universe is seen in 2D and treated in the same way.

It is a very long story, one of which I want to talk about on ATS but I am Not sure how to introduce it, or even discus it in general layman’s terms.

If only I had the writing skills to present it...

At the root of all this, is the understanding of Light and the most difficult hurdle is, what is being taught today.

It is not so much the information or Data collected around this subject, but rather the interpretation of such phenomenon.

The hardest situation for us, is that we can only observe the end result, which is experienced through/by the human condition, and is by no means a simple equation.

Unless we are exposed to experiences other than those we are generally familiar with, it is difficult to see outside the square.

There have been situations though, where some have been fortunate or unfortunately exposed to technology, not commonly used by the human species. In some cases we have had a glimpse at what may become every day common technology in time, but the human species can only develop at a very slow pace.
When coming across or being exposed to such technologies, is not a simple matter as we wrestle with what we have been brought up with, concerning our understanding of things. It takes a long time to get to grips with such exposure, and often many are unable to coupe. But some are able to live with this, and some even try to give a little regarding this.

It is not easy to communicate regarding the accepted theories, when you have come in contact with, shall we say different technology, that is based on totally different concepts, than those generally accepted by the human species.

But as I have already said, we need to first gain a fuller understanding of Light, rather than just accepting our Education as True and Correct, we need to ask more questions involving what we think we understand. Bearing in mind though we have made advancements in some technologies.

I don't have all the answers, but I have a hell of a lot of questions, regarding the human understanding of Light.

There seems to be more emphasis placed on the articulate reasoning of joining the dots driven by our extremely strong desire to understand, instead of perhaps taking more time and greater Cross referencing within the different fields of Science.

There is as you know too much politics in the scientific community, perhaps driven by our own need to be successful.

I guess this is just a part of the human psyche though.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
What happens if you shine a laser pointer through a prism?
Pretty cool anyway.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Arby,

Thanks for replying.
Your points are well taken.
I agree, that I focused on the single slit results, and the movie “What the Bleep…” focuses on the dual slit. And that I don’t really speak to the double slit issue, except for the very brief depiction of this image (around 7:22 in my video. Sorry, I haven't figured out yet how to insert images into my reply. Stand by.)

What bothers me about attempts to describe the resultant “interference” pattern via wave vocabulary, is the idea of a “dark photon”. And maybe you can shed some light on this (pun may or may not be intended).

If we consider these dark bands, there’s a number of ways to think about it.
One, is that there are NO photons impinging in these areas; and that’s why they’re dark. (I lean in this direction.)
Another way, (concept Two) is via wave vocabulary - and this contends that a single photon can somehow have the ability to be in a state where it’s interfering with itself.

I.e., ala wave vocabulary, if we superimpose 2 identical sinusoids on top of each other, each 180 degrees out of phase, the mathematical sum is a zero amplitude “wave”.

But what does this mean, photonically speaking? That the photon exists, but in a state where it has zero energy? What does it mean to say a photon has an oscillating frequency, but no amplitude? That it's somehow "there", but not there??

And this brings me to a second question: In the experiments where they allegedly shoot a single electron through double slits, and they get the interference pattern… one would think that if the dark bands actually ARE caused by self-cancelling electrons, there would be numerous incidences where an electron is fired, but nothing is recorded. That is, somewhere between 30 and 50% of the fired electrons shouldn’t elicit a recorded event, because they were “self neutralized”.
However, if it’s the case that EVERY electron fired produces a recorded event, ostensibly in the non-dark bands, then that tells me that something’s wrong with the wave interpretation. Unless, again, there’s a way that an electron can exist, but with no measurable amplitude…and still be detectable.

If you can enlighten me about dark photons and dark electrons, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Anyways, thanks again for your response. Sorry about the lack of images.

Jeff

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join