It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FSME Introduction

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Gah.

I feel so ashamed I wasn't the first to comment on this thread. My ATS break has done me no good at all

So much huge congrats to Raven. You are the most active, informed and intelligent repeat thread starter this forum has seen in years. This forum was dying a slow death until recently, and it is great to see it starting to pick back up and become popular again. Much of that I think is owed to yourself and a few other awesome posters (like TheMythLives).

Keep up the awesome work and wear your badge with pride

[edit on 3-8-2009 by fooffstarr]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

Dear Foof,
I knew that you were on a break because you hadn't posted in awhile. I have no bad feelings against you for not posting here sooner, I am just happy that you posted at all.

If it was not for you, I would a) not know as much about cryptozoology as I do, b) not have become as interested in cryptozoology, and c) not realize the need for more cryptids to be discussed in this forum.

Foof, thank you for all you have done for me and this forum.
Your best crypto buddy,
Raven

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Ok heres a story that happend to me and a friend way back in 1986 in ireland ( and it wasnt in a remote country area)... on evening in febuary 1886 my friend and I were walking over a railway bridgeit was sterting to get dark, we both heard a strange sound in the sky and when we looked up we saw 2 very big birds glideing down in to a field not far from us so we both made our way to the field we had to climb through some an over grown hedge row to get to the field anyway when we finly got to the field we couldnt belive what we saw there were 2 huge vultures in the field at the carcass of a horse ( vultures are not native to ireland) anyway they were huge both my friend and my self were a bit nervous we never seen birds so big, any way when we told somefriends what we had seen the just laughed at us and said we were makeing up the story, so we never spoke of it to anyone again, I mean whats the point when no one belives you... I hope this was an interesting story

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I ment 1986 not 1886 sorry

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucifersjester

That is very interesting. Are you sure that they were vultures and not other scavenging birds? They are reintroducing Red Kites in Ireland and Northern Ireland. (Although you may have seen them before they started working on reintroduction. There might still have been a few pairs around, though.)

There are a few other species of scavenging birds which it could have been, as well.

[edit on 8/9/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Honestly these were vultures and they were very very big ( I seen a golden eagle once on a school trip and these birds were much bigger ) and had the long bald necks and heads

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucifersjester

Well a Vulture is a really general term. There are many species of vultures which live in completely different places.

Check this out, though:
news.bbc.co.uk...
news.bbc.co.uk...

en.wikipedia.org... - More likely
en.wikipedia.org... - Less likely

If they have this type of thing going on they they're proposing in England, it could definitely be happening in Ireland, too.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Please post on topic thank you.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[Mod Edit - off topic post removed]

[edit on 31/8/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hehe.. I haven't noticed this thread before, since I usually just filters out stickies... But I was like "Hmm... Flying Spaghetti Monster Entity thread.. Hell yeah"...

Man, was I disappointed.. ^_^

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Thain Esh Kelch

Oh. Well, all apologies for not being as exciting as you hoped.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join