It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Astronaut Says it Appears Earth's Ice Caps Have Melted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. — A Canadian astronaut on a six-month stay aboard the International Space Station says it looks like Earth's ice caps have melted a bit since he was last in orbit 12 years ago, Reuters has reported.

Full story here, FOX NEWS!

So, my question to ATS is this. Is this PR BS, goverment controlled banter initiated by TPTB or is it simply one mans opinion who has been in space a long time.

It is fact that the sun is going through a solor cycle at this point and time and is responsible for not only earth warming but all of the planets in the solar system. They can parade anyone they want to around the horn but think about things.

The found of the weather channel has filed suite against Dick Cheney over the global warming conflict. He is not alone, he has 30 thousand scientist backing him up with over 9 thousand PHDs. Nobody but Fox news has put him on the air and that was only for a 12 minute snippet. CBS, MSNBC, CNN all turned there back on this amount of knowledgable people for the greater good of higher taxation.

Is the space program in on it? I just don't know, I know that global warming is a farce when goverment talks about it because they are not informed enough to know, the don't care about the facts and the one thing that you have to remember is that the best minds on earth cant agree on the subject.

Are the moving to pure propaganda on this subject and leaving the evidence in the shadow to move there agenda on pure panic that we will see the end of the world via man made armageddon?

Keep in mind that it is Fox News reporting.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Helious]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Whoa, whoa... wait a minute...

Canada has an astronaut?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soothsayer

ROFLMAO, I almost peed myself a little bit! You betcha they do and Im willing to bet the farm this is timed to just sit right next to the rest of the goverment propoganda concerning our cap and trade / energy taxation laws that are being pushed down our collective mouths.

Being a Canadian lends a certain amount of street cred though you have to admit, in that, he is not a jack booted Nazi from the American NASA disinformation machine, think about it.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
So true... Remember Dr. Hansen is from NASA... he has been busted falsifying data many times.

Cap & Trade Scam is the goal.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Soothsayer
Whoa, whoa... wait a minute...

Canada has an astronaut?

Nah, we just built the robotic arm that does all construction.

Sounds like propaganda to me, but even if it is proven temperatures have risen slightly. It's irrelevant, because we've had warm periods in earths history, before we were even generating Co2.

So obviously Co2 isn't the cause. And if Co2 isn't the cause, why should we pay through the noose, ears, anus and urethra to cap and trade it? Hey, anyone notice that huge ball of burning fire in the sky lately... probably no way that thing could ever effect earths temperatures. Simply too far away. Anyways.. good thread?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
OBVIOUSLY a government plant!
THERES NO WAY he knows what hes talking about

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Duh!

We are at the end of an ice age and another one will begin.

A much wiser man than me puts it better

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

lol, I love him, great comedic mind. In all serious though, I am more inclined to believe we are closer to pre determined ice age than we are to a man made global warming hell as showcased by Venus.

I think we overestimate our self importance and underestimate the power of the earth and elements. It is what it is may be wise stance to take on the firm grip of mother nature, solar cycle and global climate. =)

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by The Soothsayer

Not as strange to me as NASA having former Navy Seals as astronauts. I always thought astronauts were air force, teachers and scientists etc, not black ops special forces dudes.

top topics

join