It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pop-Politics - A Refreshing Trend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I'm noticing a trend lately. It seems, since the economic... collapse our society has become incredibly interested in politics, economy, news, government, etc. People that I interact with on a regular basis would, last September, have known nothing about how our financial/governmental system works. Now they're showing signs that they are much more educated on these types of subject.

This is a great thing though. I hope it lasts, and it's not just another fad that people will move on from. Something I believe are contributing are the saturation of informative entertainment pieces like the Daily Show, or home grown ones from incredibly talented people like the Auto-Tune the News. They've grown public interest in these topics. The more people get involved, the more they can make an educated decisions at the polls or on the lawn of their local government building.

For reference I've put two of their videos below for both reference and entertainment:

Has Ron Paul!

My Fav!

Enjoy, and let me know your thoughts. Do you have a story about someone who has taken up this trend in your life? Is this happening in other countries other than the U.S.?

new topics

join