It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Unexplained Abduction Case of an Entire Battalion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Three soldiers claimed to be witnesses to the bizarre disappearance of an entire battalion in 1915. What happened to those men? Were they abducted? Whatever happened to them they are gone without a trace.

The three members of a New Zealand field company said they watched from a clear vantage point as a battalion of the Royal Norfolk Regiment marched up a hillside in Suvla Bay, Turkey. The hill was shrouded in a low-lying cloud that the English soldiers marched straight into without hesitation. They never came out. After the last of the battalion had entered the cloud, it slowly lifted off the hillside to join other clouds in the sky. When the war was over, figuring the battalion had been captured and held prisoner, the British government demanded that Turkey return them. The Turks insisted, however, that it had neither captured not made contact with these English soldiers.

My theory is a ufo was using the cloud as cover and when the men came close enough teleported them aboard. That cloud was acting pretty strange in the story, that's why I think this was a massive abduction.

I have no idea what else could have made them all dissapear.

Link
paranormal.about.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Sorry, but the mystery has been solved... The whole cloud thing was a cover story to hide the fact they were , pretty much, slaughtered to a man. Those who surrendered were executed by Turkish troops in a farm house on the plateau.

Archeologists actually found the watch belonging to one of the battalion's officers a couple of years ago. There is a British drama about the whole incident starring David Jason, that was made a couple of years back..

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
Sorry, but the mystery has been solved... The whole cloud thing was a cover story to hide the fact they were , pretty much, slaughtered to a man. Those who surrendered were executed by Turkish troops in a farm house on the plateau.

Archeologists actually found the watch belonging to one of the battalion's officers a couple of years ago. There is a British drama about the whole incident starring David Jason, that was made a couple of years back..

Did the turks admit to the slaughter or is this just a theory? A watch found on the ground means nothing... it could have fallen off them whilst bering teleported so that's irrelevant proof. If the turks admit it tho on the other hand.....

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon

your saying 3 Turkish soilders slaughtered a whole battalion? The abduction theory is more believable.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy
your saying 3 Turkish soilders slaughtered a whole battalion? The abduction theory is more believable.

Re-read what you posted. It was not three Turks who reported the incident, but three New Zealand soldiers. There are no numbers given for any Turks in the area in the snippet you posted.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Yes, Turkish records and written accounts pretty much have it all sewn up.. pert of the reason for the cloud story was that. many of the Officers were members of the royal staff and it was felt that, because of the , in particular, the Queens attachment to them, it was circumspect to gloss over exactly what happened..

The drama is called *All the Kings men*

A link to the actual events.. farshores.org... including the only survivor saved by a German soldier..

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Look, the British assumed that these soldiers had been captured by the Turks. The Turks denied ever having captured them. However, it must have been at least reasonable to suppose that the Turks captured the soldiers.

Doesn't this suggest that the Turks did, indeed, capture the soldiers, but had perhaps slaughtered them or committed some other atrocity? Don't you think that if the Turks *had* committed some atrocity against International Law, they'd want to keep that quiet?

I'm thinking capture, atrocity, and a refusal to admit they ever encountered the soldiers. They're not going to say, "Oh, *those* soldiers. Yes, we captured them and slaughtered them like pigs". They'd say something like, "Gee, never saw any such soldiers. You *sure* they were right there?"

Not every government is altogether truthful.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
FireMoon just shut it down, " Not On My Watch" .. he said !!
Linea Numero Dos.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Hahaha, I love this thread. Cause it really highlights how fast someone can skew a story to fit their beliefs.

The men marched towards the enemy, never to be seen again. But there was a cloud. OH I know! There was OBVIOUSLY a UFO hiding in that cloud, that had a very limited "teleport" beam, and so it had to lay in wait till all soldiers were with in the teleports area of effect. Then poof.

Lol, slaughter seems much more appropriate

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Come on guys, a little research please....

The enemy were armed with machine guns and supported by dozens of snipers, many of them teenage girls, camouflaged and hidden in trees. The Norfolk battalion was made up of 16 officers and 250 men and was led by a veteran of the campaign in the Sudan, Lieutenant-Colonel Sir Horace Proctor-Beauchamp. As they left their positions, the 1/5th battalion were joined by hundreds of other British soldiers from battalions of the Suffolk and Hampshire regiments.

The attack quickly turned into a massacre. For some reason during the advance the Norfolks turned slightly to the right, opening up a gap between them and the other British troops from whom they had become separated. As the exhausted Norfolks fixed bayonets and prepared to charge the Turkish positions on the Kavak Tepe ridge they were picked off by snipers and mown down by machine gun fire. Lt-Col Beauchamp was last seen leading his doomed men into a burning forest from which they never emerged. As night fell the few survivors, wounded and exhausted, began to filter back to the British positions at Suvla Bay. The battalion War Diary held at the National Archives records the following under the date 12 August 1915:

"163rd Brigade made a frontal attack on strong Turkish position. 5th Norfolks on right met a strong opposition and suffered heavily. Lost 22 officers and about 350 men. Held our lines during the night in spite of heavy enemy fire."

www.drdavidclarke.co.uk...

Actual War Diary from the event, describing what REALLY happened. They foolishly walked into a horrible position and got massacred. There is no UFO relations here in my opinion.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/38700bb25045.jpg[/atsimg]
Courtesy:www.drdavidclarke.co.uk...

In December 1915, as the Allies prepared to abandon the campaign, the Commander in Chief of the British forces, Sir Ian Hamilton, sent his "final dispatch from the Dardanelles" to the Secretary of State for War, Lord Kitchener.

"in the course of the fight, there happened a very mysterious thing. Against the yielding forces of the enemy Colonel Sir H. Beauchamp, a bold, self-confident officer, eagerly pressed forward, followed by the best part of the battalion. The fighting grew hotter [and] at this stage many men were wounded or grew exhausted but the Colonel, with 16 officers and 250 men kept pushing forward, driving the enemy before him, nothing more was seen or heard of any of them. They charged into the forest and were lost to sight or sound. Not one of them ever came back"

Another officers account:

"On the evening of 12 August 1915 I was observing the low ground in the neighbourhood of Anafarta Ova, [at] a distance of about 2000 to 2500 yards, when, to my surprise I saw what appeared to be about a battalion of our troops advancing rapidly, and apparently unsupported towards the enemy positions on Kvak Tepe. Knowing that there was a considerable concentration of Turks in a gully, on the left flank of the advance, I anticipated trouble and got the two mountain guns, ready for action to try to protect the left flank of the advancing troops. Almost immediately the Turks debouched from their cover and attacked our men in the flank and rear. It was soon too dark to see the issue of the fight, but at the time I was afraid they would be destroyed."

A few had survived captivity to describe what had really happened, but their stories did not emerge until half a century later.

Here is the poster of a BBC movie adaptation of a widely published, inside source book telling what really happened. It was not ET related...

Courtesy: www.drdavidclarke.co.uk...

This was not a mass abduction, it was a military/political cover-up of a bad mistake in tactics. Just wanted to clarify..

Cross referenced source:

net.lib.byu.edu...
en.wikipedia.org...
links.jstor.org...(200204)66%3A2%3C389%3A%22OOTEC%3E2.0.CO%3B2-Z

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
You may not trust stories in the mist of war. There is no telling what the message being conveyed is that of truth or propoganda. Interesting as it may be there are no facts as the rule of combat is that all is fair in love and war and that my friend is the truth.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

J, as always you are very well informed and well spoken. I truely enjoy reading your posts or replys. Excellent.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Who is Sir Ian Standish Monteith Hamilton and how many men does it take to form a battalion?

Only one page for this thread it must be hidden?

new topics

top topics

join