It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So if Jesus did this in the present would it make him a criminal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Matthew 21:12

And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,

So in modern times the acts that are described in Matthew 21:12 I beleive would be considered a crime of atleast disorderly conduct if not distruction of private property. So if Jesus did this in the present would it make him a criminal would that also make him a sinner?

I am christian but thought I would throw this out there and see what others thought.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Dude, in Satan's world Jesus Christ is a serial mass murderer and child rapist. Sure it would be a lie, but a lot of work is being put in to create that outcome.

Your description makes him a pretty tame social activist who may be arrested on disorderly conduct and ultimately be made to pay a fine.

Sure he'd be a law breaker, but unlike an evil person...he could admit this. I think Sin would be if he held the money changers and dove sellers hostage in a dungeon and set up shop in their stead.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by IDK88]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

Im not even sure how to reply to what you said.
I guess I will leave it at that.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Its okay. Many people don't. Realize that the Satan character's Grand Strategy involves trying to switch places with the Jesus character in the hearts and minds of men.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Nah, Jesus would audit the fed today. The moneychangers are in power to this day. While the act may have been illegal, it was not immoral. I do not know why the two are so mixed up so often. The most immoral things can be quite legal. The most illegal things can be neutral, moral, or immoral. Legalism was not loved by Christ.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Two words

Righteous Indignation.

As the the Son of God it is one of the only times we know of that Jesus got mad, which is not a sin, because even God himself has gotten angry and justifiably so.

You forgot to post the part from the bible that explains why Jesus was angry.

Mark 11: 15-17

15 When they came to Jerusalem, Jesus went into the temple courtyard and began to throw out those who were buying and selling there. He overturned the moneychangers' tables and the chairs of those who sold pigeons. 16 He would not let anyone carry anything across the temple courtyard. 17 Then he taught them by saying, "Scripture says, 'My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations,' but you have turned it into a gathering place for thieves."

No christian has the right to do what Jesus did, why? As a perfect man with the maximum Holy Spirit he could make the perfect call of what was justified or not, we can't and shouldn't. Even saying in cases such as this I am just intimating Jesus would be incorrect because we could potentially be making the incorrect decisions.

Jesus might receive criminal status today if he did something like that, however since God's laws supersede man's laws it, God would still be pleased.

It's a mute point because nobody should be doing that today anyway. Nobody has Jesus level of authority, which supersedes all.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Matthew 21:12

So if Jesus did this in the present would it make him a criminal would that also make him a sinner?

sin is connected to man's law only partially.

when the pharisees commanded the apostles to stop preaching and they didnt, they broke man's law, but still did not sin. why not? because they "obeyed god as ruler rather then men"

whenever a law conflicts with a command from god, god's takes precedent.

in this case, yes jesus would have acted "disorderly" and by todays laws, he may have been arrested or reprimanded. but that does not equal sin.

what jesus did was in regard to the temple. likely noone threw a fuss about it because everyone knew that what they were doing was wrong.

new topics

top topics

join