It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Army pounds it into your head until it is instinct: Kill everybody, kill everybody

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

I dont think the lack of killing is a big problem with today's soldiers. The problem with to days soldiers is that they cant stop killing.

Soldier are thought how to kill and when to kill. But not when its time to stop. They dont know when they have won the battle and when its time to stop using force.

War is hell. (Who said that... was it Sherman?) You find yourself in a strange land, most often in a strange culture where everything is alien to you. Then to top that off, you are also a target because there is another soldier out there who would kill you before you kill him. It's an utterly insane proposition where your very minute-to-minute survival depends on your senses, your reactions and your ability to kill in order to avoid being killed.

After a very short period of time, you adapt to this environment... because if you don't, you will die. Every shadow, every little noise could be the last you will see or hear. You become attuned to it, honed to a razor's edge.

The worst thing, though, is that many (if not most) take a while to exit this mode of survival. You just can't turn it all off like a water faucet. You go home and if a kid pops a firecracker, your involuntary reflexes tell you to duck and return fire. You have to catch yourself and examine it to even get a grasp of what is going on inside.

Some people can transition back to a normal life. Some take longer than others and some... they just curl up in a dark closet or retreat to the woods because they can't reboot to normality.

War is seriously fu**ed up but if you are in the middle of one, you adapt to it... or you die.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
You join the military, you should be 100% ready to kill. The point of the military is to kill. Of course the authority to wage war should come from the congress and the people. That policy has been ignored as of late. Different commands have different opinions on the subject. Under serious heat, people make bad decisions. When you can't tell the enemy from the civilians, you will get civilian deaths. We had 1 guy in our unit in Iraq that was a total tree huggin hippie. He did not eat meat and refused to ever fire his weapon. Funny part is, he started eating meat weeks into deployment. Next comprimise, the first time we got into heat, he unloaded more than 1 magazine at the enemy. Simple, you join the military, any branch. Be ready to kill.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
"Man is the only animal that deals in that atrocity of atrocities, War. He is the only one that gathers his brethren about him and goes forth in cold blood and calm pulse to exterminate his kind. He is the only animal that for sordid wages will march out...and help to slaughter strangers of his own species who have done him no harm and with whom he has no quarrel. ..And in the intervals between campaigns he washes the blood off his hands and works for "the universal brotherhood of man"--with his mouth." - Mark Twain

"The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus

"An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war” - Mark Twain

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.” - Hermann Goering

“It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder.” - Albert Einstein

"Force always attracts men of low morality." - Albert Einstein

“I find war detestable but those who praise it without participating in it even more so” - Romain Rolland

"Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives." - Ayn Rand

"Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms." - Congressman Ron Paul

“I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill.” - Mahatma Gandhi

“If we are to teach real peace in this world, and if we are to carry on a real war against war, we shall have to begin with the children.” - Mahatma Gandhi

"The great armies, accumulated to provide security and preserve the peace, carried the nations to war by their own weight." - A. J. P. Taylor

“Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind” - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

I think they all did quite a bit better job of saying it than I could myself. "Support our troops!" is another way of saying "Perpetuate death and destruction!" - if everyone refused service, there would be no more war, simple as that.

"Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Soldiers are soldiers. They do what they are tasked to do. What they signed up for. I think sometimes we have no real idea what we are signing up for.

I don't fault a person for needing help to deal with things that are too big for them to wrap their heads around. It saddens me that we still have wars and that people have to die horrible, violent deaths. Someday perhaps we can evolve beyond that.

There are many military people on here. I wonder if having this outlet to vent, to get involved in heated disputes, to be able to speak your mind without fear of alienation or prejudice allows them to be able to cope a little more than perhaps someone who doesn't seek out a place to share those thoughts.

Do any of you military guys and gals think that ATS has helped you cope with life after the violence?

[edit on 27-7-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Connect the dots. Know your enemy and the "enemy is not from over there, it is from within".

www.serendipity.li...

The UNITED STATES government is basically a corporate instrument of the international bankers. This means YOU are owned by the corporation from birth to death. The corporate UNITED STATES also holds ownership of all your assets, your property, and even your children. Does this sound untrue? Think long and hard about all those bills you pay, all those various taxes and fines and licenses you must pay for. Yes, they've got you by the pockets. Actually, they've had you by the ass for as long as you've been alive. In your heart, you know it's true. Don't believe any of this? Read up on the 14th Amendment. Check out how "free" you really are.

I am saddened to think about the brave men and women who were killed in all the wars and conflicts instigated by the Controllers. These courageous souls fought for the preservation of ideals they believed to be true — not for the likes of a corporation. Do you believe that any one of the individuals who have been killed as a result of war would have willingly fought if they knew the full truth? Do you think one person would have laid down his life for a corporation? I think not. If the People had known long ago to what extent their trust had been betrayed, I wonder how long it would have taken for another Revolution. What we need is a Revolution in THOUGHT. We change our thinking and we change our world.

Will we ever restore the Republic? That is a question I cannot answer yet. I hope, and most of all — pray — that WE, the Sovereign People, will work together in a spirit of cooperation to make it happen in this lifetime. I know I will give it my best shot — come what may. Our children deserve their rightful legacy — the liberty our ancestors fought so hard to give to us. Will we remain silent telling ourselves we are free, and perpetuate the MYTH? Or, do we stand as One Sovereign People, and take back what has been stolen from the house of our Republic?
Something to think about — it's called freedom.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I'm going to repost what I posted in the other thread about this...

I'm a marine who's seen combat and seen many horrible things and I don't enjoy killing people. I can't see the article because I have modern academia or whatever on ignore but I assume thats what this is about.

I was also shot in the face and have trauma and brain damage myself and I can still tell right from wrong.

I'm a family man, a loving father and husband who was honorably discharged from the marines I work in IT now for a local company.

And that domestic violence thing atleast for me and every soldier I know is BS! I'm an extremely loving husband and father and I'd never in a million years hurt my wife or daughter. They are all I have in life.

I'll say "I know how to do and enjoy MANY things, I don't enjoy killing people".

I would NEVER hurt anyone here unless they are robbing me or threatening my family.

This is just more anti war/anti military propaganda designed to show ALL marines/military in a bad light and once again most of you who know NOTHING about military except what you read EAT IT RIGHT UP!

The liberal media just LOVES to get little snippets like this so they can show us all as bad people.

And don't judge me for joining marines. Everyone is not born with a silver spoon in their mouth. I was homeless with a pregnant girlfriend in my teens and I absolutely could not find ANY work. I was young and homeless with no work experience, why would anyone hire me? I applied at 1000 places and none hired me. After being homeless for a year with no work I joined the marines. I am not a "dog" as someone said marines are.

I have self taught myself about computers since then and thats how I now have a job in IT. I'm better than most college educated kids. When I was a teen however, I had NO SKILLS so I couldn't find work

These type of articles are FEAR MONGERING at its best. I wouldn't be surprised if this came from the king of fear mongering, Alex Jones himself.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dino1989
Stop being a fear monger, your title was unnecessary , will the soldiers turn there back on america ? very small percent will , a lot of them NO

how would i know this , some of my friends are in British royal army and they would never kill there own people.

Geeze if your tying to get attention with your title , go somewhere else

I beg to differ, I believe if our Army was given rounds and told to clear the streets of undesirables we would!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

To answer your question, yes, I am very aware of everyone around me. My war was guerrilla warfare 24/7, so I'm probably more accustomed to being aware of the details.

No, I do not look around to see who I may have to "do." I can however, walk into a crowded room, and within a few seconds, tell you every trouble maker, who's safe, who's beligerent, and who to watch. Second nature now, and I've never been wrong.

I don't worry about what can be used as a weapon, as I conceal carry a 1911 .45 compact Kimber. Besides, things get squirrel-ly, I never had a problem taking what was at hand and wearing someone's ass out.

Combat is just that. Combat. Every firefight, you lose a bit of your reservations, you lose the propensity to hesitate, and with every engagement, it more and more becomes all business.

I'm the same one who as a kid when visiting Grandpa's house, upon seeing a chicken tied up to the "execution" stump, would knowingly get in trouble to turn the chicken loose and hopefully save him from becoming supper.

But as a kid, I had no real idea of what was what.

Since, I've learned that to save lives NET, you must be absolutely ruthless in the short term.

Counterintuitive, but ruthless action up front, and long-term you save lives.

And anyone who claims they brought this home, would have done the same thing even if they hadn't been in combat.

Everyone needs an excuse.

No one wants to own up to the fact that deep down, they're a complete piece of ****.

So, what or who can I blame this on?

The Army! Combat! I was 'affected.'

No, they're just looking for an excuse.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
don't know what else can be said, but when i was in the military i didnt like the majority of civilians very much. i knew when i came back into town after getting out that i made the wrong decision- just listening to people complain about the most minuscule things kinda pissed me off. it's like a guy with a mosquito bite going up to someone dying from a snakebite and being like "man i hate mosquitoes." to tell you the truth i had a lot of contempt for civilians especially with how pussified america is becoming. like if i was patrolling a city block saw some group of tools with greasy hair, obama shirts and those stupid tote bags with buttons and those skin tight jeans look at me like i'm some brainless war monkey i'd probably let my finger slip

former 0311, now proud 0420 civ. born to fight trained to kill got admin sepd and never will lol

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Well

SPY66, you can call me a fool all you want, and i really dont care that YOU were or are a soldier in YOUR country, we are talking about MY country.

I guess you missed the post where I was a Marine? 0321? 1st Recon Bn California? hmm maybe you missed all that. If you dont know, Recon is basically the spec force of the Marines, we were trained hard and we were trained to kill....know whats funny?

I came home and havent killed ONE PERSON STATE SIDE! IMAGINE THAT!

We arent a 3rd world country, and you can call me stupid or whatever you "think" you know. Americas soldiers wont turn on their people, and all you anti military fear mongering bigots can take that to the bank.

You see we have more allegiance to our COUNTRY than the POLITICIANS running it.

You say our constitution wont save us.....i beg to differ, its what WE fight to protect, because it represents the PEOPLE, OUR people, OUR families, OUR United States, NOT the suits in Washington.....

For all your worldly experience , youre spewing about our military turning on its people is misguided, take it from a Devil Dog, we have no problem taking out the enemy however we need to do it, but you try to turn us on our own friends and family, and youll be the next target.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by Well

SPY66, you can call me a fool all you want, and i really dont care that YOU were or are a soldier in YOUR country, we are talking about MY country.

I guess you missed the post where I was a Marine? 0321? 1st Recon Bn California? hmm maybe you missed all that. If you dont know, Recon is basically the spec force of the Marines, we were trained hard and we were trained to kill....know whats funny?

I came home and havent killed ONE PERSON STATE SIDE! IMAGINE THAT!

We arent a 3rd world country, and you can call me stupid or whatever you "think" you know. Americas soldiers wont turn on their people, and all you anti military fear mongering bigots can take that to the bank.

You see we have more allegiance to our COUNTRY than the POLITICIANS running it.

You say our constitution wont save us.....i beg to differ, its what WE fight to protect, because it represents the PEOPLE, OUR people, OUR families, OUR United States, NOT the suits in Washington.....

For all your worldly experience , youre spewing about our military turning on its people is misguided, take it from a Devil Dog, we have no problem taking out the enemy however we need to do it, but you try to turn us on our own friends and family, and youll be the next target.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by ManBehindTheMask]

You might be a Recon and i might be a X Combat Diver so what. It doesnt make a bit of a difference who we are. If you know what 300 million Americans will do then you are a really clever marine. And for your sake i hope 300 million Americans share your thoughts. If not your in for a real treat if the SHTF. That's all i am saying.

To me it seam like you dont know your own kind. You only know who your friends are. And that wont stick if the SHTF and 300 million people are affected. Take some time to look around you might change your opinion.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

No it doesnt make a difference who WE are, the point is that this post is talking about how people in the military are trained to kill kill kill and they cant NOT do it when they come back home.

Thats BS, the relevance of being Recon, is that our training is much more intense in that area, as well as SEALS, and i dont see them running around killing people left and right. Its pure military hate mongering.

Then the subject was broached about how our military would respond to the Gov telling us to turn on our people. If you could take a poll, i know for a fact that given the orders, most of the military personnel would tell uncle sam to take a giant leap.

Heres an indicator, why do you think the current administration put warnings out agains all former vets as potential "terrorist threats"? Because the Gov knows that the Military and former service members , will not stand for the Gov pulling a bunch of B.S.

They are watching and know that if things get thick, they have a fight on their hands. Were not just talking vietnam Vets, were talking gulf war, current Iraq and Middle East vets.

We dont even need to argue the symantics here, because we all know that people in the military eventually get out, so they will fall under that catagory.

Im not talking about just my "friends" here. I think i probably have a better understanding of my countries military than you do, im not being rude here, im just arguing common sense.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

You don't know who I am.

And I'm definitely not bankrupt.

As for the military my views are still the same.

You brainwash the cowards to do your fighting for you. There's no glory being a solider, and those who are in the military have no minds of their own. They like to be told what to do.

End of story.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

With all due respect I don't believe Spy said anything about your troops killing everything in sight. He only said that there are ones who WILL turn on the civilians. I think that is true of every country.

Just because the majority will not does not mean some will, I have read accounts of some American government group (I cant remember the name but maybe National Guard, DHS or something?) during a flood and forcing people out of their homes, and threatening to kill who would not comply.

But I definitely agree they see the vets as potential terrorist so that others will be more likely to go against. Like I said before I do not think they just walk the streets shooting civilians... certain groups of civilians labeled as evil or terrorists just like in overseas wars! Who knows maybe Veterans of Foreign Wars has gained access to weapons of mass destruction! Got to kill them!

I have known American ones who were really nice and did not like war at all, just want to go rebuild places (engineering corp), and oppositely I have met Americans who do it because they are racist or just want to kill. It is not limited to any country.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321
reply to post by muzzleflash

You don't know who I am.

And I'm definitely not bankrupt.

As for the military my views are still the same.

You brainwash the cowards to do your fighting for you. There's no glory being a solider, and those who are in the military have no minds of their own. They like to be told what to do.

End of story.

Indeed I don't. And I feel all the better for it.

I'm glad.

And yet I would still stand the line to defend your right to be obnoxious.

Glory ? who ever said there was.

It is a profession much maligned, until you and your ilk need us.

I enjoyed being told what to do so much, I completed my military service.
Abused my wonderful wife, by emigrating to her country (as she was dreadfully homesick living in mine) and started my own company.

All under orders of course.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Being in the military myself I really don't care what a bunch of paranoid fools thinks.

I go to work, do my job and go home to my wife. If the paranoid wants to think that at any given moment I can turn into a raging sociopath soldier when given the order to do so, I let them believe it.

Let them think that we will walk the streets shooting at anyone moving. Let them think that they will have to defend their home against them. Let them have a sense of false bravado that they might have to die defending their family against us.

After all everyone needs to have their own little conspiracy. No matter how ignorant it is.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I know what you feel. I have asked my self the same question many times. Could i turn my gun on my own people. In reality i don't want to. But in reality i might have to.

But it all depends on what scenario you imagine it to be.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Of course they would! it happens all the time where the military cracks down on it's own people.So what makes america different?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
So what else is new?

Taggart: I got it! I got it!
Hedley Lamarr: You do?
Taggart: We'll work up a Number 6 on 'em.
Hedley Lamarr: [frowns] "Number 6"? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that one.
Taggart: Well, that's where we go a-ridin' into town, a-whompin' and a-whumpin' every livin' thing that moves within an inch of its life. Except the women folks, of course.
Hedley Lamarr: You spare the women?
Taggart: Naw, we rape the # out of them at the Number Six Dance later on.
Hedley Lamarr: Marvelous!

That's the American way! Get over it!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
If your in the military, you aint savin the world. You are a pawn.

It took four years in foreign countries for me to figure that out.

They even had a parade for me when I got home. I felt ashamed for getting credit for something I couldn't support. People are so gullible.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join