It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Army pounds it into your head until it is instinct: Kill everybody, kill everybody

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321
reply to post by OzWeatherman

There's a couple types of people on ATS.

There's the sheep who only read, the people who only report the news, and then there's people with their own specific agendas for creating threads.

The first two types don't apply to me.

You can do the math yourself.

Reminds me of a joke, there are three types of people in the world. Those that know math, and those that don't.

Well, I hope your agenda includes explaining why you despise american troops. Am curious. Were you denied the right to serve your country at one time?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

It doesn't make you kill crazy, but it does make you ready to kill if need be. It does make you more aware. It does make you scan for threats. Tell me Dooper, when you are around other people does it ever go through you mind about how you might have to kill any of those people? At any time? Do you scan for items that can be used as weapons? Some things from military experience become automatic, almost instinctual.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Seems there must be two versions of Armed Forces.

Perhaps theres a Armed Forces - Section One...and an Armed Forces - Section Two (who are all Section Eights anyway).

I've never been in the Armed Forces, save for spending some time in previous years in the Territorials (essentially the Army Reserve in my country - some countries refer to them as 'Weekend Warriors'
)
Big whoop...I got to hike all day, fire a few weapons off, hike some more. Largest threat I ever faced was the chilling snow of the Desert Rd in Winter...or some dodgy heated chilli-beef-in-a-bag...so heck no I'm don't speak from any real place of knowledge in regards to Armed Forces.

I do however come from a family with much Armed Forces involvement. Many of my immediate family and extended family are either ex, current or soon-to-be Military...either in the Army, the Air Force or the Navy.
Some have certainly seen active combat.
Not ONE of them has killed or seriously damaged anyone outside of active combat.

Yup - I don't doubt there are some within any Armed Force who are all 'bout the killing...who just think its the best thing since sliced bread to be armed up and lethal. In my own humble opinion they don't seem to be that plentiful - well, at least amongst those I've known anyway.

Thats no different as well to basic society - they'll always be the loose unit nutbag element who holds a weapon like they're holding a more fleshy appendage in their hand. Be they Armed Forces or be they the shopkeeper down the road.

Sure there'll be those who perhaps experience such intense combat trauma that their response in any threat situation will be just to blast till their mags empty.
Again thats not that different to basic society - fight, flight or freeze are 3 options that are somewhat almost 'hardwired' into us all. Combine those 3 options with an Assault Rifle and yes the outcomes may well be different.

In my own personal - and granted somewhat ill-informed - opinion its less about the person and more about the context they find themselves in.

Dollars to donuts you could take any single one of us...the most peaceful of us...and put them into the right (or wrong depending on your point of view) situation and they'll kill.

Put it this way:
I'd trust each and every single one of my family who are Military, who have combat experience, with baby-sitting my child. No question.
And believe me I'm so protective that if anyone was so much as a hint of a threat they wouldn't come within a mile of my child.

So hope that highlights how much faith I have in them, and also in some ways highlights how much I rebuke this perception that those who have done what few of us have the stones to do are in some way mindless and so often demonised for the actions they take and sacrifices they make...

Peace.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by alien]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

I was in the Corps for 5 years, and I for one don't feel like killing anyone here at home...but maybe its just me

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

There's the sheep who only read, the people who only report the news, and then there's people with their own specific agendas for creating threads.

And there are to types of people in this world...

Those who live a life of reality, and logic

And those that live in a bizzare fantasy world, thinking that they are more important than everybody else they talk to

And yes, one of those types fits you perfectly. Will give you a clue....its not the former...

[edit on 27/7/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

wow none of your 3 types apply to me. I am just here to read weird stuff and hopefully find something super weird and blow my mind. And ask questions, share info, and possibly learn something cool.

So I guess I am the 8th type

[edit on 27-7-2009 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I've said it many times and I'll say it again, NO ONE has the right to kill another human being.

reply to post by dino1989

Well, I'm not sure how much you mean that, but personally, if you come after me to kill me or my loved ones (or anyone under my protection), I will do everything in my power stop you. That includes, if necessary, killing you.

I think it was Rudyard Kipling who said, "I can sleep soundly in my bed because rough men stand ready to do violence on my behalf".

Unwise pacifism led to the atrocities of WW II, among other. Another quote, by Edmund Burke, goes "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing". Sometimes what is needed, unfortunately, is violence.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

Yeah a lot of them won't because they will be suffering from trauma and brain damage. I've said it many times and I'll say it again, NO ONE has the right to kill another human being. If you kill another person, you DESERVE EVERYTHING that happens to you. If you sign up for the military, then you might as well sign up for brain damage and trauma on a silver platter, and hey guess what? You DESERVE IT!

You have no humilty, and lack compassion for humanity.

Your words speak with as much agression and violence as any act of a soldier in war...Except they are trained to be that way and ordered, where your agression is choice.

Now my family has actually lived through war, a very real one.
Whilst I chose to support peace, women and children on all sides of the conflict, at times u have no choice but to fight the good fight, weven when its awful.
One cousin was imprisoned and abused by soildiers in camp for ethnic cleansing, and now is unable to ever have children. (occupation university student)
Another lost his legs (job farmer)
Another lives in a psych ward to this day, shell shocked, ( job accountant)
My fathers brother was blown up (role hotel owner)
My gran was abused and then decaptitated. (job adorable mum and gran)

Now you live in your mothers basement i assume? Dont discuss war, or soldiers when you know absolutely nothing about the true hardship, blood and tears behind it, u know nothing of the true misery it brings. Soldiers and civilians alike deserve our compassion and guidance.

If people like yourself had compassion and understanding, then there would be less need to protect fools like you.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
We already know that soldiers under orders will fire on civilians. They do it all the time. They've done it throughout history. There is absolutely no reason why American soldiers should prove to be the single exception throughout history to this general rule.

You shoot when ordered, period. That's what soldiers do. That's what they've always done. That's what they're *supposed* to do. And that's why we have Posse Comitatus, which is supposed to prevent the military from operating in the US in a law-enforcement capacity. But of course we've got them guarding the borders against those dangerous illegal aliens, or hunting down drug smugglers, so that law isn't all that strong.

Some of you folks don't remember Kent State. Students were protesting, and the National Guard had been called in to maintain order. As the demonstration was breaking up, for some reason the Guardsmen opened fire, killing 4 and injuring several others. There's your answer.

But yes. Soldiers are trained to kill. It is probably unreasonable to expect that someone who has experienced this training, and had to fight and shoot at civilians, wouldn't keep doing it when it's inappropriate. These guys go through a lot of trauma. They become seriously damaged. Some will break, and because of that, civilians will die unnecessarily.

But never forget that those broken soldiers were victims of war as well, men and women whose minds were not able to endure the harsh pressures. They are among the wounded, even though you can't see their scars.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

edit for clarity

Sorry im late getting back to you bud, but no problem. Id be happy to answer any questions you might have!

Theres going to be people that come back messed up, its just the way it is, but its not the norm or the majority. My training still kicks in, as one poster said above, you are still quite attentive to your situational awareness, you still keep a keen eye on people around you and adjust to your surroundings, but HELL when is that NOT a good idea? I think EVERYONE could benefit from that.

Ive been in scrapes of various kinds since i got out, but not anymore then i did before i went in, and ill tell you they turned out a lot better, because you learn a lot of self control.

To bobbylove, you have no idea what youre talking about bud, you have no idea what ive seen , what ive done, or where ive been, and ill tell you right now that its been my experience that NO ONE and I mean NO ONE is untouchable, the minute you start thinking that, you better do one of two things, fly a white flag, or pick yourself a nice plot under a shade tree because youre number is up.

As previous posters have stated, you can sit there all you want and throw out made up accusations and pretend to be phony tough and arrogant, its not going to get you anywhere. The more you learn in this life to realize that what you DONT KNOW is more then what you DO know, the better off you will be.

Dont bite the hand that feeds you bud, and dont burn bridges cause at some point youll need to turn back, and youll only find yourself stuck.

Moving on to the topic.

Military personnel go through a lot, be it Airforce, ARMY, Marines or otherwise, and some need more help then others when they get home.
People have called this whole thing another Vietnam, well remember what happened in Vietnam? Remember the regret of the American people years later for how they treated the returning soldiers? DONT let yourself do it again.

Theres nothing worse then coming home from seeing your friends get hurt or killed in a far off land, just to have people throw mud in your face, because they are too short sighted or self righteous to understand.

You go off to do the right thing, knowing you might die, doing it to keep your family and friends, and country safe, and come home to ungreatful people who slander and demean you, the people you left to protect.

And many of us come home to divorce because of long tours and to broken families, or loss of family members that died while we were gone. We need you America, we need its people to stand up for us, while we stand up for you, in places thank GOD youll never have to be.

Semper Fi

[edit on 27-7-2009 by ManBehindTheMask]

[edit on 27-7-2009 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I'm sorry but you don't know what you are talking about.

I disagree with the military's conduct and the way it portrays itself around the world.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by bobbylove321]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

And there was the sheep who only read...

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Do you even know what you are saying?

I don't think you know what you are saying.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I'm sorry but you don't know what you are talking about.

This life we live in is not even real and it's a virtual reality, and my team can show physical proof.

You'll see what I'm talking about for yourself REAL soon, but until then you can say all the mumbo jumbo you want.

We are all characters in a story right now, and events are going to happen on this stage. It's similar to a theatrical type of play.

In due time, more info shall be given.

Your full of it. You been promising this crap since you came here, yet you have shown nothing.

You treat people like they are really stupid here. Maybe read the other posts and you will see that noboy agrees with you....or has respect for you for that matter.

So yes, we all know you are just a kid, pretending he is someone that he isnt.

And back on topic. I dont for once believe that soldiers cant switch off from their jobs. There are a few obviously, but for the majority, many can integrate normally into society when they are not on active duty.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

Sigh, your mothers calling you upstairs bobby, time to take out the trash....

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

reply to post by zazzafrazz

What if I told you I can pinpoint every single major event up to this time next year? Would you be interested?

Well go on then start a thread, and tell us what you know, I enocurage you to do so?

I bet you wont, probably spinning some crap about it not being the right time to tell everyone. And everyones heard it all before kid, and people dont buy it any longer.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   

We mustn't encourage what may be one of two things:

1 Mental Disorder (Paranoia)

2 Histrionics

Both appear applicable, and may be related.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Everyone in the military is directly or indirectly supporting a criminal network.

Geez, you're still running your suck about the military? Give it a rest.

And I'm curious? How come you're going back and editing all your posts in this thread, Boobylove? Have something to hide? You do realise that when someone quotes you, that can't be erased?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Yes the military is very pro active around the world, I agree.

There's no criminal organizations.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Being a soldier is like having a job. And every soldier wants to do a good job.

But there are different types of soldiers/units with different skills and motivations. Some units are trained to focus on specific tasks. To do these specific tasks they have to be groomed and shaped to do them.

What every soldier is groomed to do is to fallow orders and to protect their nations security and politics. You have to remember that the Army is guided by the laws and order given to them by their politicians/leaders.
If the system of politics and law is threatened by its own people you will without doubt face the Army.
This has been witnessed all around the world. China. East Germany. Chile. Africa and so on. The United States is no exception the Army will be used to secure law and order. And the Army was set in just two year ago after the Hurricane Catrina. And they did kill Americans without hesitation.

So if there is a serious conflict between the people and the law/government would you bet your life on it that they wouldn't kill you?

If there is a internal conflict there will be at least 2 different sides that don't agree. And if talks dont settle the disagreement force will be used in one way or another.

In the US where just about every house hold has guns and even machine guns. things would get really nasty if they rally against their own leaders politics or new laws.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join