It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Army pounds it into your head until it is instinct: Kill everybody, kill everybody

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Just to play the devil's advocate here...not really...but you get the point....
Take a second to read this...

This site claims that returning vets who have seen combat duty are over 4 TIMES more likely to be involved in domestic violence...

Is this just a case of being able to find anything that support anything that anyone could come up with?

I don't want to believe it, and will choose not too, but is that ignorant of me? Does it matter?

Props to you guys taking care of the bad guys for us. Are they trying to demonize you?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by bobbylove321

mmmm more brilliant schooled insight from bobbylove....hey bobby love, just who is it do you think thats going to protect you from big baddies when they come for you?

Who is it do you think that keeps the wolves at bay? People all around the world say countries hate America, well if thats true, who is it you think that stops them from doing their worst.....no guesses?

American military might my friend......all those men and women in uniform that you say "deserve to be brain damaged"

You could learn a thing or two from our vets......especially of the WWI and WWII variety, and the hardcore brave ones that came out of Vietnam alive.

Can't satisfy your request on which wars, as I am of English birth. Now a citizen of the USA.
Will tell you I served in combat zones during my service. Will tell you, you'd never know I was a "death dealing killbot" ........

Unless I told you

From my personal experiences this is well, frankly scaremongering at its finest.

@OP Respect those that serve to enable you to have the freedom to post this garbage....by not posting this garbage.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

You are confused.

Unlike you I don't believe in the boogeyman in the closet.

Everyone in the military is directly or indirectly supporting a criminal network.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

If you knew what I knew, then you'd have no worries.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by bobbylove321]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
Just to play the devil's advocate here...not really...but you get the point....
Take a second to read this...

This site claims that returning vets who have seen combat duty are over 4 TIMES more likely to be involved in domestic violence...

Is this just a case of being able to find anything that support anything that anyone could come up with?

Well, not sure about being "4 times more likely", but the general inclination is true.

Growing Problem For Veterans: Domestic Violence

However, the issue at hand is PTSD, not necessarily military training. It is also worth noting that there are myriad ways to get PTSD, and it is by no means exclusive to military service.

I would wager that the link in the OP is extremely biased, because it only interviews criminals. While there may be many cases of soldiers returning and committing violence at home, there are MANY times more stories of soldiers returning and living healthy, productive lives.

I instead of blaming the military for criminals' problems, we should be focusing on what our military is actually doing overseas. The vast majority of soldiers are good-intentioned folks who only want to do what's best for their country and countrymen. Unfortunately, the military industrial complex rarely shares those goals.

In summation: Military men = good. Military leaders = bad.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321
reply to post by projectvxn

If you knew what I knew, then you'd have no worries.

Do you even know what world we live in?

I'm untouchable let's just say that.

You're not untouchable, and you're not privy to any information that anyone else has no access to. Your own threads, and lack of plausibility within them show that

You're a hypocritical teenager that doesnt have anything better to do than criticse stuff that you know nothing about. Maybe before posting you should read over your own information and see how silly some of the stuff you say really is.

[edit on 26/7/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
More and more of our meat-heads are learning that our government is lying to them. Soon they will turn on their master and I will drink a toast to that.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This guy that made this statement and was serving a 30-year term was still making excuses for HIS actions.

If this supposition were true, at this very moment, we'd have a good ten million mass murderers, conducting tens of millions of murders by combat soldiers through the decades, and THIS JUST ISN"T HAPPENING!

What a crock!

It would take a retard to believe such a thing.

To suggest you can't turn it off is absolutely counter to common sense.

If your training makes you kill crazy, then you'd not be real particular who you'd kill, including fellow soldiers.

If your training made you kill crazy, we wouldn't have the population problems we have today.

Utter nonsense!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
i am a vet and do take this thread with less than a grain of salt besides the other vets....oh btw did any of you that are vets have a moment of silence for the last WWI vet that passed?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

Oh God, kid... You have no idea who I am and what I do. You do NOT have any information that others are not privy to. If you have a point to make then make it. But don't sit there and bemoan things you obviously know nothing about and then claim you know something the rest of us, who are much deeper into things, could somehow not know.

It is a ban-able offense to hoax the board. Be forewarned.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Well they probably go off on idiots who label them as killers and that probably happens four times more often than not.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by soldier8828

Yes yes I did.
In fact both Harry Patch and Henry Allingham and their contemparies were fine examples of human beings.
I was lucky enough to meet many British veterans, during my service.(Will go no further than saying I was Household Division).

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

I would wager that the link in the OP is extremely biased, because it only interviews criminals. While there may be many cases of soldiers returning and committing violence at home, there are MANY times more stories of soldiers returning and living healthy, productive lives.

I agree. I guess the assumption that PTSD could (and probably DOES) result in slightly elevated potential for violence, statistically, is probably correct.

Maybe we just hear a lot more about it these days then what we used to.

I DO absolutely agree that not only should we be focusing more on the positive impact these fighting men and women are having in our society, we should be trying to do whatever we can to help them with the transition back to civilian life. It would seem as though we aren't doing enough.

To get a good idea of the life these soldiers lives after they get back, they should probably ask the ones that aren't in prison.

Edit to add an S.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I was in the Air Force and we were all about killin. Cept we had it down to a science. The science of lazyness! Why worry about getting down and dirty when you can control a UAV remotely from Las Vegas and bust some Mooj with a Hellfire from low altitude. Army is for...how shall I say it....ASVAB scores under 50? Heck the Army was recruiting people with 8th grade educations for a good bit there. Promising to help people get a GED once they had already joined. YYYEAAAHHH exactly who I want to work with around weapons and explosives lol. BUT you gotta get SOMEONE to drive around looking for buried artillery shells inside of a HUMMV.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers
I was in the Air Force and we were all about killin. Cept we had it down to a science. The science of lazyness! Why worry about getting down and dirty when you can control a UAV remotely from Las Vegas and bust some Mooj with a Hellfire from low altitude. Army is for...how shall I say it....ASVAB scores under 50? Heck the Army was recruiting people with 8th grade educations for a good bit there. Promising to help people get a GED once they had already joined. YYYEAAAHHH exactly who I want to work with around weapons and explosives lol. BUT you gotta get SOMEONE to drive around looking for buried artillery shells inside of a HUMMV.

Hey man, one fight one team. Just cuz you're in the AF doesn't mean you won't be sent abroad to do the ground mission. I would know, Space Ops going to Afghaniland. I've learned so much about that country these past few weeks only to realize how little i know. Besides this is the attitude I'm getting tired of dealing with in the AF.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by joe_dirt976

Just messin Joey. I had boots in the sand son. I worked the main gate in Kirkuk. I did it as a volunteer. Nothing like firing warning shots at a Haj who likes to think he gets immunity to not have to flash lights. I hear there is a new recruitment movie coming out for the ARMY soon. G.I.Joe. Everyone will ask to join the Ninja Ops and be like Snake Eyes lol.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers

I was in the AF too. Now I'm with the Army. I speak slow and use small words but I seem to get along ok.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
lol i hear ya, i volunteered as well. can't wait to go. not to kill, but to do my best to make things better of course. Some people will never understand that if you know what i mean.

I still stand on what i said ealier though, it's just too prevalent an attitude. What bugs me about it is that our job has an impact on people in the field. No comm no bomb.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I know a lot of guys who served in the forces, even in Iraq.

So why were they so cool to me? Why did they not kill me?

Sort of bizarre, because they always seemed like really nice guys. Only one or two of them were total jerks, and I am betting they were total jerks BEFORE they went into the military.

Granted, the PTB may want them to become robots, but most of these guys are just too smart for that to happen.

Sheesh at the 4th of July family gathering the military guys didn't kill anyone. We ate hot dogs and burgers together and talked about cars.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

There's a couple types of people on ATS.

Most are ignorant and can't open their minds to the other endless possibilities.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by bobbylove321]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join