It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Mississippi rule encourages fluoridated water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

New Mississippi rule encourages fluoridated water

www.clarionledger.com

Dr. Nicholas Mosca, state dental director, said a Mississippi Department of Health regulation passed in April requires water providers with more than 2,000 customers to add fluoride, a mineral that helps prevent tooth decay. However, utilities only have to start fluoridating if the health department identifies grants.

Greenwood resident Sid Aust believes fluoridation is a bad idea. He said consumers can look on the back of a tube of toothpaste and will see a warning to contact a poison control center if they swallow too much.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I realize this is for you mississippi residents. I know some may care and some may not..but what I found more interesting is...

The health department expanded its fluoridation program in 2002. Since then, 64 water companies have added fluoride, Mosca said. About 53 percent of Mississippi’s population
receives fluoridated water from public systems.

Take care.. Indy

www.clarionledger.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Just to clarify before I post, did they put Fluorine into the water or Fluoride?

The reason why I ask is because Fluoride is a diluted form of Fluorine, usually because of a chemical reaction with other elements, commonly metals.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I see the 'to prevent tooth decay' explanation as just a pathetic excuse for adding a toxic chemical to the public water supply. Most people brush their teeth in the first place, but anyone who doesn't is well within their right to decide for themselves if they want to risk tooth decay by not brushing.

So what's the real purpose? Since when did government become our dentist? Why are they suddenly so concerned about our teeth?

In 2002, Belgium banned fluoride supplements because "excessive use of fluoride increases the risk of osteoporosis, could damage the nervous system and, even Belgian dentists agree, is ineffective when ingested." France suspended the sale of products containing fluoride. Ireland proposed in a report that fluoride levels in the water supply be reduced. The United Kingdom proposed further research into the health effects of adding fluoride to the water. [source]

Are Americans' teeth healthier than people in these countries? And if fluoride is the answer, how come so many European countries are questioning it's effectiveness?

Fluoride is not needed in our water supply. I would rather brush my teeth to prevent tooth decay than drink tap water at the risk of nervous system damage.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Well, my brothers from the U.S., looks like we just lost Mississipi. We no must have our 2 mins of silence for all of those people..... R.I.P. Mississipi.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Ever since i have had a job i have bought fluoride free toothpaste and i use well water. Out of as many times as i have been to the dentist i have had 1 cavity and that was because the tooth was going to fall out. A friend of mine, uses fluoride, toothpaste with fluoride, flosses, and uses fluoridated water...when she went to the dentist she had 6 cavities...i eat more candy, drink more cokes, and brush once a day...in the mornings...and haven't had a single cavity since i was 12...so tell me how fluoride is a good thing?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JalZhaunlUss

Same here I barely have brushed my teeth with flouride toothpaste, and I have never had a problem or cavity since birth. And I'm currently 17.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
It bears mentioning that even the proponents of fluoridation acknowledge that the use of fluoridated water only has a statistical positive effect on children, and once your teeth are fully formed you can fluoridate them until you die and it wont make any difference.

Fluoride was always, historically speaking, a troublesome waste byproduct of metal processing, and of course, uranium purification.

But I suppose delving into the ALCOA/fluoride story would be superfluous.....

top topics

join