It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest Terrorist Target in America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Can you kill everyone in California with a single H-Bomb? Do you think it is
impossible. Well, impossible but it can happen! There is a little known weakness
in the US Homeland that the US can do little if anything about it.

Yellowstone: The Great Natural Disaster:
Yellowstone! If you think that Yellowstone is a nature place, think again. Ever
wander what is powering Old Faithful? It is not the core of the Earth. It is a
molten pool of magma. This magma chamber has periodically errupted over a 600,000
year cycle. Packing a punch of 2500 times Mt. St. Helens, this volcano can easily
spread chaos and fire and brimstone as far as the Gulf of Mexico, which has happened!
To make that comparison: Yellowstone Errupting will have the impact of 1250000
Hiroshima bombs! Naturally what do think you would do? Hit the US with an Intercontential
Ballistic Missile or blow the caldera of Yellowstone. Consider the know facts: the
magma chamber of Yellowstone is 4.97 miles from the surface. Consider this known
fact: the magma chamber contains 102 cubic miles of molten rock and gas.
Nuclear Weapons have been tested from 8000 feet deep!

In my opinion it is currently possible to make the Yellowstone Volcano Active by
a direct H-bomb in a deep mine shaft close to the caldera.

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
possible but unlikely. i am not doubting a direct hit from a somewhere around 10 megaton h bomb would destabilize it, but getting the bomb there is the hard part. and drooping it from an icbm is gonna do more than just blow yellowstone skyhi, its gonna start the war to end all wars; a nuclear holocaust. and an icbm wouldn't egt it underground........

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Uh oh, are there Al Queda miners in Montana now?

How do you sink a deep mine shaft into a volcano?

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
How does setting off something in Montana kill everyone in California?

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Ever
wander what is powering Old Faithful? It is not the core of the Earth. It is a
molten pool of magma.

ok genius...and where did that magma come from? a betty crocker easy bake oven? the earth's core! duh.

or do you believe magma just forms spontaneously? you know, like spontaneous combustion with humans, things just heat up for no reason at all. right???

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Like Deadly Africanised Bees, The global storm, The san Andreas super fault and Giant killer robots from mars the "super volcano" is another of those "impending natural disasters" that has been impending for thousands of years and will probably remain impending for thousands of years to come.

There's nothing to suggest that its likely to happen, or that it has ever happened in the past, Super volcano's are speculation.

Its also worth remembering that, contrary to what Armageddon, the core, and a dozen other movies tell us starting volcano's is just another thing that Nuclear bombs probably don't do.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Remember Superman the movie? Detonating nuke in San Andreas?

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by longbow
Remember Superman the movie? Detonating nuke in San Andreas?

Yeah, but I guess Christopher Reeves couldn't make his wheel chair race backward around the Earth fast enough to save Margot Kidder.

That movie must have been jinxed. (uh oh, I feel a thread topic coming on. URRRRP, ahhh, better now)

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Higlhy unlikley it would happen
. How on Earth are you going to get an H- Bomb to the mountain and then blow it up? You cant drop it from a plane because you would get shot down.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I have always thought Boulder Damn and the surrounding damn system would be a prime target.

THere have been many posts about the Yellowstone situation, I believe that a big earthquake could be enough to set that place off. It would take a well placed nuje to make it happen there.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Read these other posts.

I think they talk about bombs being more effictive under water. They would have to sunk at the bottom of Yellowstone River.
There has also been alot of gov. money transfered to Montana.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join