It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NABHOOD Suggests Reparations will be in the form of Stimulus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

MIAMI—Hotel owners, operators and developers, along with those hoping to enter the industry, were treated to a pep rally of sorts during the opening general session of the International African American Hotel Ownership & Multicultural Tourism Summit this week at the Doral Golf Resort & Spa by Marriott.

Andy Ingraham, president and CEO of National Association of Black Hotel Owners, Operators and Developers, was his usual up-front self with the audience. Things might be challenging right now, but the goal of the conference and NABHOOD are the same: “To change the paradigm of the industry and bring wealth to African Americans.” Everyone was in the room for the same reason, he said.

“Our friends are here in the room,” he said. “These are the folks that will stay with you through the course to make it happen.”

Michael Roberts, CEO and president of Roberts Companies and chairman of NABHOOD, suggested African Americans looking for reparations have it in the form of stimulus money.

“There’s a trillion dollars coming out of an African American White House,” he said. “It’s up to you to find out how to get it.”

Roberts also announced Roberts Companies would be managing hotels and Curtis Dean, retired from Marriott, is now VP for Roberts Hotel Group. He closed by suggesting anything is possible.

“It doesn’t matter who I am, what matters is who we are—we’re using good business principles always,” Roberts said. “You’re in this room because you can afford to be here. You don’t let the bank dictate who you are.”

The last speaker of the general session was Deno Yiankes, president and CEO—investments and development of White Lodging Services Corporation, which manages more than 140 hotels comprising more than 19,000 guestrooms. Yiankes offered forward-looking thoughts about the hotel industry and said there will be a huge buying opportunity.

“It’s not here yet, but it’s coming,” he said.

There’s no reason to sell, however.

“I agree with Steve Rushmore that anything in the next 18 months is liquidation values, not market values,” Yiankes said. “Hold on until value comes back.”

New builds generally win, Yiankes said.

“It’s probably one of best times to think about building if you can secure the financing,” he said.

www.hotelnewsnow.com...

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Tyr Sog]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
So the chairman of this NABHOOD basically says sit back and relax to his (black)audiance. That there's going to be another bubble created (insider info?) and another transfer of wealth coming with Stimulus(reparations) money. This time it will be in the business sector. He goes on to basically say that his audiance has all the advantage because of an "African American White House".

When will people catch on that this is what Barry was conditioned and primed for. This wink, wink, president with his ssubtle messages and target audiance is becoming ever so blatant. Week by week we begin to see more and more of this. Just as recent as last week with the cop/professor incident. His arrogance and his racist teachings will get the better of him everytime.

Just another example that the Rev. Mannings words are just about spot on.

edit:/ maybe this should have went in current evernt? lol

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Tyr Sog]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I am just glad it's not about race,and those bigoted white hotel owners will finally get their comeuppance. ......edit;heavy sarcasm

[edit on 26-7-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Well I know this seems like it's a non story but I think this story once again this shows that using race and keeping racism alive is a payout. Here we have once again elite(leaders) "African Americans" putting on conferences promoting using race as an advantage to get stimulis money. I think it's important to note because it goes to show that even though this isn't a headline event, this is what goes on everyday withen the community.

Also, this is Self-segregation and is absolutly damaging in this day and age. It's especially damaging when you have a government with their MSM propaghanda machine fully onboard promoting segregation with one sided stories. It's a cause for concern being this is just another divide and conqure tactic that can be easily played on. Divide is exactly what this rogue government needs right now.

new topics

top topics

join