It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed: the secret evidence of global warming Bush tried to hide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

www.guardian.co.uk

Graphic images that reveal the devastating impact of global warming in the Arctic have been released by the US military. The photographs, taken by spy satellites over the past decade, confirm that in recent years vast areas in high latitudes have lost their ice cover in summer months.

The pictures, kept secret by Washington during the presidency of George W Bush, were declassified by the White House last week. President Barack Obama is currently trying to galvanise Congress and the American public to take action to halt catastrophic climate change caused by rising levels of carbon dioxide i
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I don't think this report shows that man has influenced global warming even though I think he has, but what was the purpose of hiding this information from the American public.
Was the purpose to keep the burning of fossil fuels a prominent goal of the Bush administration given his background as an oil man and close ties to petroleum companies.

The American taxpayers paid for this Research, thankfully it is now being brought to light.

But the question remains; why did the Bush Administration keep this research secret?

Global warming? Perhaps not....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-7-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I fail to see how the Bush Admin. could have kept other satellite photos under wraps -- those taken by other nations.

I wonder if the real story is the "declassification by the White House". Why now? These were photos allegedly taken in 2006 and 2007. Is is possible that the inference that they were kept under wraps and now declassified is meant to shoar up the Cap & Trade proposals?

I clearly need to research this more -- just my immediate reaction.

cheers

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Hey some one else got this story on this forum 4 minutes before you did... you'll have to be quicker next time!

Link to thread covering this story.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by savetimerushonline

I know....The mods can close this one if they so desire.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Thread Closed

I know it sucks, especially when you were beaten by only six minutes.

Still, the topic is very much available for anyone who wants to discuss it.

top topics

join