It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3,000 Low Temp Records Set This July!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Let me get this (twisted) story straight.

The eastern half of the United States region has an unusually cool summer, you find 3000 thermometers in said region, and use that statistic to create the illusion that GLOBAL warming can't be happening.

ZOMG, over 3000 new low records!! It's HUGH!!!!11! I'm SERIES!!11!

Oh, how absolutely wrong you are, kids. Step aside and let the grown ups tell you about the reality of global warming using (gasp) science:

Why are you ignoring the BIG PICTURE?
Global Ocean Surface Temperature Warmest On Record For June (2009)

ScienceDaily (July 27, 2009) — The world’s ocean surface temperature was the warmest on record for June, breaking the previous high mark set in 2005, according to a preliminary analysis by NOAA’s National Climatic Data Center in Asheville, N.C. Additionally, the combined average global land and ocean surface temperature for June was second-warmest on record. The global records began in 1880.

So in reality this last June was the warmest month in modern record keeping (since 1880) for the oceans, and the second warmest month for both global land & sea) in modern history. Yet, you global warming denialists manage to find some isolated region showing an unstable cooling trend as a sign that global warming isn't happening.

Cherry pick much to fulfill your agenda much?

[edit on 27-7-2009 by harrytuttle]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
wow your ourt there. Who said every day had to be 100 ? Which it pretty much has been in the southwest. Its average global temp temp. I think its an interesting questions about the sun though . Global warming is real , the ice melting stuff kinda gives it away. The world understands that. If the right wing think illegal immigrants bad now your going have blast if we nothing about Global warming.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

I've been to Chicago in the summer and it is horrifically hot, I am used to severe heat in Florida and even I cannot handle breathing Midwestern heat. This summer has been a blessed respite according family in Chicago. The same cannot be be said here in Orlando, it is possible to stay outside for only a few moments and come in soaked in sweat.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
climate change?
what climate change?

no but seriously how much more proof does anyone need that there are problems with our climate?

The problem may be reds under the beds and an overall warming of the global cold war. You ready?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Just published on CBS2Chicago.com:

The National Weather Service says 2009 has seen the coldest July since the official recording station was moved away from the lakefront in 1942. The average temperature this month in Chicago has been a mere 68.9 degrees.

Even in the years before 1942, when the National Weather Service recorded temperatures at the cooler lakefront, there are only three years that had colder Julys through the 26th.

There have also been far more days than usual with high temperatures less than 80 degrees this year. In 2009, there were 13 days where the temperature did not exceed 80 degrees. Only three Julys in the past 67 years have had more days in Chicago with highs less than 80 – there were 18 such days in 1992, and 14 in 1996 and 2000.

We have also failed to reach 90 degrees at any time this month.
cbs2chicago.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Its the El Nino effect, which hasn't shown its face in full form for a while. I, for one, am glad to see it. I was seriously thinking it was time to move north to get out of these hot, steamy, rainless summers from the past several years. This weather is what I remember when I was growing up. About time!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I'm not as concerned about the record lows and highs as I am the violent switch back and forth between the two. We have had cold rainy summers we have had hot dry summers. Now we have mid 90's one day and mid 60's and 70's the next. Back and forth and back and forth, etc. With too many violent storms bringing in each change. We should not still be having the violent spring like storms at the end of July! Record lows one day record highs the next with record hail for the area in between. The gardening season is totaly screwed up and dont get me started on the bugs! I dont think el nino is causing this I think what ever is causing this is causing el nino. The fact that so much ice has melted and put fresh water into the oceans decreasing the salinity and leveling out the temperatures could be a darn good reason.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Of all the theories on what caused the ice age, you really need to look at this one.

This is an interestin article which summarizes the book "Cataclysm".
This is a paragraph from about the middle.

When Earth Nearly Died

"A theme common to the traditions of most peoples of the world is that of a great flood or deluge. References are often also made to a conflagration or firestorm and to land being lost or raised. Not infrequently also, we hear of strange substances falling from the sky - like gravel, stones, blocks of iron or resinous substances. Some speak of a collapsed sky, of changes in the rotation of the Earth, of terrible winds, continuous lightning, volcanic eruptions and the boiling of lakes and streams. Prolonged darkness is frequently alluded to, and there is even mention of the rapid, widespread formation of ice. "

And then there was the "Little Ice Age".
"Little Ice Age".

The only cause they can see seems to be with the Sun.
However....
They all have overlooked this:
volcano or cosmic event?

You will also find this interesting:
ice age now

Historic winter storm in South America - 22 Jul 09
Major Storm Striking Southern South America,
Snowflakes expected in Buenos Aires - 20 Jul 09
Record low temperatures at 13 sites in Saskatchewan –
one going back to 1900, another to 1911 - 16 Jul 09
See What's Happening in Other Parts of the World.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Didn't you listen to the divine prophet of Carbon tax and profit; the one and only lord goricle? Cold temperatures are a true sign of global warming! It is in chapter 11 of the holy writ; Kyoto 1. Now, please shut up and pass me the kool-aide........

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
then why is my apartment so hot?
global warming.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by STFUPPERCUTTER
then why is my apartment so hot?
global warming.

Your apartment is hot because you can't make any money and run the air conditioner to cool it down to a lovely and comfortable 74 degrees.

Ever notice how temperature and humidity relate to COMFORT?

Warming is not always bad.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
so global warming skipped my neck of the woods?
i dont buy it.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join