It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3,000 Low Temp Records Set This July!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I wonder who could possibly want lower than average summer temperatures across vast swathes of the US, and for what possible reason? It's just as well there's no large weather modifying apparatus around.

ACHOO.

Someone pass the tissues...

[edit on 26-7-2009 by sharps]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1
reply to post by mikerussellus

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The anthropomorphic global warming crowd will argue that the thermohaline circulation warming and melting the Arctic only (ignoring the growing ice in most other areas)

Could you point me to information on this... I'm very interested to find out where ice is growing.

reply to post by HunkaHunka

I wrote a thread about this a while back.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Take it as you will, I just wrote it.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by joe82]

[edit on 26-7-2009 by joe82]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Same in Western Europe: its been hot for weeks although we have some rainfall now and then and lots of cloudy days.

It looks like this whole summer is hotter then averidge

Does this mean the East side of US will fall into a new ice age? Will the north pole shift just a bit again?

Sit this one out that's all I can say fooks.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

I think this year Has the be 1 of the hottest years ever. I've been alive for sometime and this isn't normal. The Sun must be in one of it's peak stages right now(I hope). How long will this heat last?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

post by HeluvaStorm[/url]
The planes just go back and forth leaving trails, filling up the sky, and eventually these trails turn to thin clouds.

Originally posted by weedwhacker

You're describing normal contrails, that will morph into what resemble normal cirrus clouds. The airplanes aren't going "back and forth", you're seeing different airplanes on different headings, on different flights to different destinations.

He didn't say 'chemtrails'
So now we have 'morphing contrails'?

You always come up with good ones

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
You should get out of yer boring, cold, lame states and come visit seattle. Weather here is amazing, one of the hottest best summers I have ever seen!

All we been doin is setting record temps this summer, tomorrow is supposed to be almost 100 degrees...IN SEATTLE???!!

Not everywhere is cold this summer. Come out to the best coast, the left coast.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

He didn't say 'chemtrails'

You always come up with good ones

zorgon!!! Tut, tut.

Here is the rest of the story, as Paul Harvey used to say:

Originally posted by HeluvaStorm
I wonder if the weather changes have anything to do with Chem Trails. They are a daily sight here in Massachusetts.

MY emphasis on the two sill-abbbles.

Originally posted by zorgon

Ahem.

Contrails to Cirrus—Morphology, Microphysics, and Radiative Properties

Contrails to Cirrus

Morphology, broadly, is the study of form or structure.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morphology

[edit on 26 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
On the Mississippi Gulf Coast, where I'm from, it's hot & humid; just like any other summer. I now live in Central Valley California & from what the locals say the weather is normal for this time of year; 100 in the day & 65 at night.
So, no unusual weather in these two areas of the country.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
La Nina? I can't think other any other explanations other than La Nina or slowing down of hte Gulf Stream

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOFreemason

3,000 Low Temp Records Set This July!

www.accuweather.com

1,044 daily record low temperatures have been broken this month nationwide according to NCDC -- count record "low highs" and the number increases to 2,925, surely to pass 3,000 before the end of the month.

The period of July 17-20 was the worst, with over 1,600 stations breaking records. It's worth noting that these stats include all records across the nation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Don't worry so much.
Obama to the rescue!
Spend a few billion over here. Throw a few million people out of work
over there and we can bring Climate Change to a screeching halt.

Long live Al Gore.
The man who invented the internet.
The man who saw the coming ice age and warned us all.
His headstone will probably say. "I told you so!"
The Earth has had ice ages every 10,000 years.
We are due for another one in about 1,500 years.
Buying carbon credits isn't going to change that.
It's a con.
You've been had.
Kick your heels 3 times and wake up.
Looking for global warming/cooling reasons?
Try our sun.
Try looking at the center of the Earth.
I heard that it is really, really, really HOT!
Geothermal heat.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

"HunkaHunka" what? kind of "f**king (name) is that. Just kidding!!! I agree with your conclusion. Cleared this hold issue of whether, I mean weather change for me in one sentence ( my interpertation from your conclusion)...."first it gets hot as hell then comes cold as hell". Thanks. "I needed that".

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Here in Ohio this summer, it has been a really nice summer overall. We have had a few days of our usual hot and sticky weather, but for some reason this summer has been the coolest summer I can remember since I was born, which is fine, I'm not complaining lol, I hate the humidity.

I have also noticed a couple other things. For one, our humming birds that we usually have every summer has only been a 1/4th of what it usually is. We usually get somewhere around 12 of those guys, and this summer, I have only seen 3 or 4 at the most. The other thing is bugs. We are usually fighting a losing battle against picking ticks off the dogs, but this year, I haven't found a single one on them; also, I can't say that I have been bitten by a mosquito once this year.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly

Our planet goes through non-stop climate changes. What makes now any different than the last few million years?

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Wimbly]

Impossible, the dinosaurs didn't drive SUV's. Why is everyone so okay with climate change? I know it's always changed but if we give more money to the Government we can stop the insanity and control the weather.

Just look damn your eyes, look. The climate is changing right now. I was cold this morning and now I'm not. Who can live like this? The science is settled!!!

[edit on 26-7-2009 by abefrohman]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
In Canadian Prairies they have been setting some record high tempetures this July.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Wow!! and "I" thought I was confused. Enjoyed your explanatrion even though I know you know.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wintergreen

Have you checked your head?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
ahhhh c'mon guys! its great weyre getting heat! feels soooo good! its alot better than 130 140 degrees! in the hot sun with boots and long sleeve top!

but where im at now its suppose to be like 105 here in OR....i def dont think thats too hot....thats about avg (for me).....and thats.....in OR! i feel really bad for my mom beings shes in the valley with 110 120 deg heat mostly all summer.....for the past 10 years....

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

Soooo, let me get this straight. Gobal warming causes global cooling?

Isn't that like saying, "dieting causes weight gain?"

No... that's not straight..

It's not called "Global Warming" , it's called "Global Climate Change". Anyone who calls it
"global warming" doesn't know what they are talking about.

However, the Earth is supposed to have a "balance". On the Moon, the side of the moon that the sun is shining on, the temperature reaches 260 degrees Fahrenheit! That will boil water. On the dark side of the moon, it gets very cold, -280 degrees Fahrenheit. The Earth is designed so that doesn't happen, but something is changing. So it will get very cold, and very hot.

In the end, HOT will win over cold. That is the only reason people call it "global warming", because that is the most probable final result. But it still is called "climate change".

This topic proves that climate change is real.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE

In the end, HOT will win over cold. That is the only reason people call it "global warming", because that is the most probable final result. But it still is called "climate change".

That is absolutely wrong. In fact it's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. When we get more heat from the sun we get hotter. When we receive less we get cooler. And when the heat source is eliminated only bitter cold remains. That is true here and everywhere else in the universe.

So "HOT" will never, "win over cold."

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Soooo, let me get this straight. Gobal warming causes global cooling?

Isn't that like saying, "dieting causes weight gain?"

Or, "Water causes dehydration?"

Actually, I have read the same thing. The problem is when cold water floods the ocean from ice melt and stops what is called "The Humboldt Current".

I believe I also read that it could be a natural cycle........

Actually, it seems a lot of possibly adverse cycles are converging, right now.
These are very interesting times.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join