It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin Losing Popularity, Problems for Political Future

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Sarah Palin Losing Popularity, Problems for Political Future

abcnews.go.com

As she packs up the Alaska governor's mansion and pushes back against the latest ethics brouhaha, Sarah Palin's got other problems: A more negative public image than she held during the 2008 campaign – and broader questions about her grasp of complex issues.

Problems for Palin as she packs up make her political future a puzzle.
Just 40 percent of Americans in this ABC News/Washington Post poll hold a favorable opinion of Palin overall, down from a high of 58 pe
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Gov. Palin apparently has made a serious political mistake.
Or is it that the Left and their attacks on her have finally made their mark.
Actually I think Gov. Palin along with some very savy advisers has decided to promote Sarah in the spotlight of conservative Right wing gatherings where she is their darling.
Her faithful will flock to see her and pay big money. And Sarah will reap the benefits of her short stay in the national publics eye. Brilliant commercial strategy and in time, knowing the short memory span to the American electorate; she may rise like a Phoenix and run for office in the future.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The "left" didn't attack her more than any other politician is attacked by either the left or the right.

What Republicans tend to forget is that they are not the majority party in America based on voter lists...and really it was only the GOP base that was enamoured with Palin...most intelligent and thoughtful women that I know...of both parties...were offended by her choice as VP. To a woman they felt that she didn't have the depth and gravity to be either president or a good representive for women.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Palin is free! No more bogus ethics violations, not tied down in Alaska. Can't wait until she starts campaigning for other conservatives. The crowds will be enormous!

It doesn't matter if she ever runs for public office again. I really don't think she wants to. Her goal should strictly be public relations, fundraising and helping conservative candidates get elected.

If you feared Palin before, you have got to be terrified now!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Palin is free! No more bogus ethics violations, not tied down in Alaska. Can't wait until she starts campaigning for other conservatives. The crowds will be enormous!

It doesn't matter if she ever runs for public office again. I really don't think she wants to. Her goal should strictly be public relations, fundraising and helping conservative candidates get elected.

If you feared Palin before, you have got to be terrified now!

Public relations is about all she was ever good for, so I expect we will see more of her cheerleading at political events.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

Public relations is about all she was ever good for, so I expect we will see more of her cheerleading at political events.

Extreme Right Wing events. The moderate GOP find her an embarrassment and a detriment to their political future as they don't want to be tied to the Religious Right of which she is a champion.

She just further fragments the GOP into 2 factions.

Afraid of Palin? The Dembs are cheering for her to get out there and make even more of a fool of herself so they can paint all Republicans with the Palin brush.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

I don't know of any liberal or Democrat who was/is afraid of Palin...that we are is just another right wing with about as much substance as the claims of the birthers.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

I welcome the division in the GOP. What good do Senators like the bopsy twins from Maine, John McCain, and Lindsey Graham do for the Republican party.

As bad a the division in the Republican Party might seem...it is nothing like the division in the Democrat Party ie. Goverment run healthcare.

Palin could bring an infusion of Conseratives back to the party, and hopefully run out the traitors who are ruining it.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by RRconservative]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Palin is an embarrassment to the GOP and all of the USA. The GOP can do much better and will only use her for comic relief.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I welcome the division in the GOP. Would good do Senators like the bopsy twins from Maine, John McCain, and Lindsey Graham do for the Republican party.

Huh?

Is this an example of Sarah speak?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

People are only "afraid" of Sarah Palin because she's an absolute moron.

I seriously can not comprehend how anyone could support her.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by PieKeeper

Women and minorities are suppose to be subserviant to the Democrat Party. People like Clarence Thomas and Sarah Palin scare the heck out of Democrats because they offer an escape from the slavemaster. Because of this they must be ridiculed and destroyed.

You think Palin is a moron? Well the drive-by media has done its job well.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I think it's more like she's really a moron.

The "assasination attempts" by the media are no more than accurate reporting.

I recognize that ABC News is biased against her, so I would expect some skewing of their poll results, but they seem to be pretty accurate.

Don't get me wrong. I think Palin is probably a nice person who shares values with many Americans. She's probably a fun person to kick back and have a beer with.

She's just not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Women and minorities are suppose to be subserviant to the Democrat Party.

Funny you would bring that up as it's the GOP that constantly votes against raising the minimum wage. Economic slavery?

www.theleftcoaster.com...

[edit on 26-7-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Women and minorities are suppose to be subserviant to the Democrat Party. People like Clarence Thomas and Sarah Palin scare the heck out of Democrats because they offer an escape from the slavemaster. Because of this they must be ridiculed and destroyed.

You think Palin is a moron? Well the drive-by media has done its job well.

I would say that when we look at the religious right, at people such as Pat Robertson and his sycophants, we find that they are the ones who expect women and minorites to be subservient to them and their party. They even interpret the bible to reflect that bias. The Dems have a President named Obama and a secretary of state named Clinton who don't seem to be subservient types.

Youbetcha' that Palin is uneducated and has no leadership skills, by golly. She is not suitable for any office other than Wasilia mayor and cheerleader. She will get rich doing cheerleading for actual candidates and her PAC has collected over a million for her to play, which shows that there is more than "one born every minute." She plays to her audience and knows exactly what to say. She'd fit right in at a Klan meeting.

All this presumes that she will not be caught up in ethics violations or corruption scandals that would further tarnish her image and even drive away the hard-core, far right supporters.

[edit on 7/26/2009 by pteridine]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

She's the sharpest tool in the drawer if its full of republicans!

Remember she didn't know africa was a continent!!! WTF
Are you kidding me? This is the best they can do?
We really are screwed as a nation, aren't we?
Our blatant stupidity will inevitably do us in with our narrow view of world affairs, among other things.
Like an economy that isnt a ponzi scheme run by banks for one.
And there's people who really think shes a viable candidate? OMG....

Shes a quitter, not a leader. Shes is GOP eye candy,...a bimbo.
Someone specifically put there to garner the women and racin' vote.
I hate to be the one to break this news flash.
Like the bank bailouts, its a tough lesson to learn we got screwed.
She quit to make big money, plain and simple!
I cant believe this country anymore.
Next, we'll be burning witches instead of books as she wants to.....
Actually shes a tad paranoid of it herself, heres proof.......
www.youtube.com...
We're still stuck in old school. Just with more makeup on this time.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Well I for one will stick my neck out and say:

It's far to early to anoint or write anyone off for the next Presidential round. Just think around 2005, who were the front runners? I wouldn't eliminate anyone yet save for those with marital scandals like Edwards and Sanford.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Funny you would bring that up as it's the GOP that constantly votes against raising the minimum wage. Economic slavery?

www.theleftcoaster.com...

What business does government have telling job creators how much to pay their employees?

Minimum wage just increased to $7.25 an hour...why stop there? Let's raise it to $20.00 an hour!

The revial of the Republican Party will be based on 2 things.

1. Sarah Palin working with Conservatives to rid the party of the John McCain moderates.

2. Barack Obama continuing to destroy this country.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

The revial of the Republican Party will be based on 2 things.

1. Sarah Palin working with Conservatives to rid the party of the John McCain moderates.

2. Barack Obama continuing to destroy this country.

The revial of the Republican Party will be based on 2 things:

1. The John McCain moderates ridding the party of the radical conservative right and their bigotry, intolerance, and greed.

2. Realizing that Sarah and her opinions are linked to that radical conservative right that does not appeal to the common man and ridding itself of her, also.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
If Sarah Palin is losing popularity and thus is in danger of a future in politics, then Obama is going to be politically DEAD by 2012.

Just watch. She's fixing to get to work, and a lot can happen over the next couple years.

<<   2 >>

join