It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy Terror: The Radical Christian Right - 1996 Alternative Views Video

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
This 1993 Alternative Views program features a compelling interview and incredible documentary footage as they take a comprehensive look at the radical Christian Right and its efforts to take over political power at all levels of society. Through information provided by undercover agents and by monitoring of Christian Coalition TV programs, the documentary shows the strategies, the deviousness, and the dangers which these religious fanatics pose to secular society and civil liberties. We also review the book "Holy Terror."

(click to open player in new window)

(larger part one) - Part Two - Part Three - Part Four

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I believe that's spelled with one L not 2. Of course I could be wrong but I have a Bible on my bookshelf and it has one L. we must understand that these are the days of potatoe and Gore inventing the internet so go figure.

[edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I was wondering who Holly was also. This could be a good clue to those directors/producers to do good in spelling in school.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

I went out with a girl named Holly once other than that no idea. Maybe she's a neo-nazi with dyslexia. Lol

[edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
looks like a another foreign produced video.

When does the constitutional terrorist video come out?_javascript:icon('
')

Can someone tell me if ATS is deleting threads? I have read several threads over the past couple weeks that have mysteriously disappeared.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by epete22]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Looks like the "AboveTopSecret.com Information Account" doesn't leave a sign when it's posts are edited.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by epete22
Can someone tell me if ATS is deleting threads? I have read several threads over the past couple weeks that have mysteriously disappeared.

Well, I guess it all depends on the subject matter of the threads.

I wonder if the "AboveTopSecret.com Information Account" is going to post 'informative' videos on other religions?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

This is what I like to call

Religious Lunacy

Though, in the end faith and religion do not have much to do with the motivations of these individuals.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beach Bum
I believe that's spelled with one L not 2.

A typo in the video's accompanying description file was inadvertently transposed here via copy-and-paste. Corrected now.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Thank you for that correction. gotta say though my faith has nothing to do with these particular nuts. but I understand what your getting at there are nuts on all sides.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Ahh going to watch this,christian fundamentalism is just as dangerous as any other for a 21st century society

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Every single religion has their pros and cons... mostly cons but hey thats how I see it. At the heart of everything religion is used to control and belittle, it has no place in a peaceful planet.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The truth is out there...overlooked by many in 1996, but out there nonetheless...

I can remember when religion was not brought up in politics... save to remind voters not to vote for a Catholic

During the debate Indiana Congressman John Hostettler accused Obey, a Catholic, of being part of a "long war against Christianity in America." Obey demanded that Hostettler's words be stricken from the record and, eventually, they were.

Obey said that when he first came to Congress, "there would have been universal condemnation of Hostettler by both parties." In this case, Obey said he was approached afterward by a single sympathetic Republican. Obey was comforted that Jewish House members "appreciated that a Christian would speak out."

source

"One of the things that surprised me about the Christian Coalition was that even though it publicly denounced the illegal tactics of groups like Operation Rescue, when the big national anti-abortion protest came to Buffalo in 1992, Operation Rescue National housed its secret command and communication offices in the basement suite of offices that the Christian Coalition of New York had as its state headquarters."

He adds, "Soon after I entered the secret command post of Operation Rescue, I was given books on dozens of not-so-peaceful activities, including a book by Rev. Michael Bray advocating the bombing of abortion clinics."

Jerry Reiter on CC--source

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Gotta love organized religious institutions yeah?

2nd line.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

OK I'm sitting in a MEGA CHURCH at this very moment as I post this. Let me assure that just about everything in this video is complete propaganda. Let me say I have observed these people for some time, and I can assure you they can barely organize a July fourth festival let alone some sorta covert stuff like this vid claims.

This is an obvious ploy from some ABC agency to begin the war against ALL religions. All Christians expect fully to be hated by all nations. But let me defend these folks I see them daily. They are sheep, clueless to conspiracy , clueless to the real inner workings of our society.

I think you are just a fuzz early on this accusation. Ya you really jumped the gun...THIS IS 100% hogwash! Believers ...real followers of Christ don't meet behind closed doors thinking up ways to take over the Government lol!! What an absolute crock of crud!! Its just too funny cuz I know that pastors here personally and they are the real deal.. good people that really do love people. We are taught to wake up every day thinking about how we can be a servant to others? Is that bad? C'mon man! I mean really... Are any of you really buying into this outdated POStuff!! This is a ploy of a certain group to try and fan the fire for you Christian haters! That's all this is, well that and a big fat lie!! COVERT LOLOLOLOLOL God that cracks me up seriously..let me repeat myself. I have found in my field of work all the mega churches are the same in one department.... the left hand rarely knows what the right is up too!! And you think Christians are sitting around planning to take over politics hahahahahahahahahahha OMG what a joke man!! They can barely organize a fund raiser or anything for that matter .. you know why? Because everyone is selfish with their time!! I pray we all become SELFLESS and live to serve each other.. would not the world be a better place? Oh ya and having morals is bad? The powers that be want CHAOS and as long as there are Christians it prevents total chaos... They want all religions to cease actually, so that they can tell you what to worship...SCIENCE--and--MAN! Thanks for the laugh. I sure hope the ATS community can see through this.

Take note who posted this...WE see you.I see you.And I even though this is a load of crud and all that I still LOVE YOU anyway. And I mean that.

Real Christianity is simple. Love God with all your heart, soul, body and....LOVE you brothers and sisters as you would love yourself! That is what we believe my friend... Anything else is just religious noise!!

S&F if you agree (I have never asked for stars or whatever so please let me know you support this post if you would be so kind, Thanks!)

[edit on 26-7-2009 by firegoggles]

[edit on 26-7-2009 by firegoggles]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
A very personal faith, as I see it, is necessary for our well-being as humans. Whether it be a faith in some ideal, such as love, peace, prosperity for all, God, etc. However, I also believe that in order to have faith in something, one must first doubt it. Many of the controlling institutions rule through fear, so the "faith" ends up being no more than a desperate attempt to hold onto what one really doubts, a sort of schizophrenic mindset. The individual is forever competing against an alter-ego, and whatever chaos must be created to feed the alter-ego is just par for the course. I think, in this paradoxical world that we live in, that many of the most nihilistic at heart are "believers." Deep down, they are afraid that they truly believe nothing, so the mask is interwoven into the self with vigor, in order to avoid what-would-otherwise-be the inevitable personal confrontation. There are things to believe in, but they cannot be gathered by sucking on the teat of external authority. Then, one becomes a pleaser of man, and not a pleaser of God, so to speak.

Besides, the religious are used as pawns in the greater game of control, and "Christians" who have obviously never met Christ, or at least not seen him for a good long while, demand all sorts of draconian restrictions on others, that, ironically, will slap them back in the face eventually. The key to understanding of humanity, I believe, is one of nonjudgment and forgiveness, dissolving the false image, and all else follows. Unfortunately, we live in a world that thrives on the false, projected image, whose myopic view always come to bite humanity in the butt, to destroy whatever good has been created.

Edit: I am certainly not talking about all Christians; I am talking about the manufactured, image-dependent "Christian." There is a big difference. To all Christians who emulate Christ, don't judge, forgive, maybe make a mistake from time to time, LOL, may you be blessed.

Edit 2: I can also see how this info could be used as yet another divide-and-conquer technique. Marginalize the Christians. Make the megalomaniacal among them fear a loss of control. This SUBSEGMENT will then do its best to desperately lunge for control, further marginalizing Christianity. While I do think the controlling aspect of modern-day Christianity should be marginalized, Christ in no way should. Please, do not throw out the baby with the bath water.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by orwellianunenlightenment]

[edit on 26-7-2009 by orwellianunenlightenment]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
It would blow your minds if you read the documents of the Pilgrim Fathers and the Jamestown settlers people.

All New England DEMANDED and REQUIRED BY LAW only Christians were allowed to come to the Massachusetts Bay Colony and so too the others. In fact, only Christians of good repute were allowed. Losers were strictly forbidden and home-grown losers and atheists were asked to leave - else they were punished.

The Virginia colonies were little different and the balance were all agreed that Christianity was the sina qua non.

The only difference of opinion was over the specific type of religion (all religions were Christian according to the way the word was used in the 17th C mind you).

Were you a Congregationalist? Were you an Anglican? Were you a Baptist or a Quaker?

Even those affiliations had everything to do with your social status and your family's original town in England.

The concept of "freedom from religion" has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with America.

IT IS A SOVIET PRINCIPLE! Just like "anti-racism" and all the other PC insanity we take for granted today.

Read your history people. Read it for yourself before you utter one more piece of received but false wisdom courtesy of the Soviet propagandists who were allowed complete freedom in the US.

When was this?! you demand to know?

During WWII when the Soviets were our ally (against popular wishes I might add) and the Nazis were THEIR ENEMY long before they were OUR ENEMY.

READ READ READ AND THEN READ MORE.

Otherwise, simply assume your super-cool Obama beliefs are simply wrong because, well, they are wrong for an American to hold.

They are perfect for a Soviet kommissar though. So if you want to keep them, Why not move to Moscow? You'll have fewer "Christians" to hate.

BLAH!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Yeah man. I love that Jesus. Here's some of his teachings:

1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, 2 Saying The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: 3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not. 4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. 5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments, 6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues, 7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi. 8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. 9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. 10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ. 11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant. 12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. 14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

16 Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor! 17 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold? 18 And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty. 19 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift? 20 Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all things thereon. 21 And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein. 22 And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon.

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. 24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess. 26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. 28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous, 30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets. 31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. 32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers. 33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
And here's even more love and tolerance, from John xiii:

34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. 35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. 36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. 37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you. 38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.

39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham. 40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. 41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. 42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. 43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. 44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. 46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me? 47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
These "Christian" right wingers were the type of people Rove tapped in the 2004 presidential elections to subvert the electronic votes in Ohio to private servers before sending them to be tallied. I have nothing against Christians, but criminals disguising themselves as "religious" are still criminals.

Several companies with GOP ties were involved in the vote counting process in Ohio on Election night 2004. One was SMARTech Corp., a firm whose servers are currently used to host a number of Republican websites. Another was GovTech Solutions:

These firms worked closely with another company, Government Consulting Resources, Ltd (GCR), run by Dr. Alan Dillman, a professor at Cedarville University, a small fundamentalist Christian college in Ohio, to count the votes on election night in Ohio.

Source: www.boomantribune.com

Index of Ohio's election fraud - INDEX

Personally I think if Jesus were alive today he'd send these cretins to burn in hell for being such traitorous louts.

edit to fix a typo

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Blackmarketeer]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join