It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hidden messages in TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I hope I have the right thread for this topic.

Just recently I have been paying a lot more attention to the TV, having 2 small boys, I want what is best for them and see how things they see on TV can influence their behaviour.

Now I don't know what it is like in other countries, but here in Australia we have stations who put in little promotional clips every so often just so you remember which one you are watching,

one of the most popular stations has many reality TV programs on it from Idol to biggest loser as well as so you think you can dance, we have the Australian versions as well as the US versions.

now what I have been noticing is the very subtle messages in the promo, I will give an example
commercial here

It starts with "life without trust"
then "life without risk"
"life without freedom"
"Imagine"
"seriously"
On the surface this may sound like a nice up beat idea, but even as they try to wrap it up as something nice, when you look at the words that are replayed over and over again you get bombarded with
"life without trust","life without risk","life without freedom","Imagine","seriously"
That is not friendly but on the contrary, very negative.
remember how advertising works, repetition until you start repeating it in your head, you are getting "life without" as the core message.

There are a couple more promo ads, one has children with the "life without fun" as the theme.

now for a few people, you will just say that I am making something out of nothing, all I can say to the rest is, look at the promos and see what message they are telling you without you even realizing it.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I agree with you. Its to the point that I actually argue with the television and tell it how its programing is invasive, condescending, intrusive, lying, manipulative, sleazy, sneaky BS. Having realized that I do this, I stopped watching altogether. I hate television. Everything on it is designed to convey some sick message disguised as "benevolence". ARgh!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

There is a pretty good Wikipedia article on Subliminal messages here. There are a few cited cases of subliminal messaging used in your home country in there as well. I was also reading that the police were trying to use subliminal messaging at one point to get the BTK killer to turn himself in. I thought that was a pretty interesting application (even though it did not work).

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Television can be a good or bad thing depending on what you watch.It isn't the big bad monster in the corner of the room alot of people seem to think imo.Documentaries such as century of self,blue planet,Planet earth,Dead in the water among many many more are great pieces of television.The internet can be just as bad as television *depending* on what you look at...its a really baseless claim imo.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
media is the brain washing tool of the Gov.

tells you what to think, how to act, what to wear, what to buy, what to do with free time, what you NEED in order to be just like everyone else, offers MANY different realities, so YOU don't need one of your own, FORCES you, indirectly, to buy on CREDIT so YOU can be an indentured servant for life...with YOUR master being the FED

They don't need to do anything subliminally...just to keep repeating the same things over and over and over again...combined with ALL the meds/modified foods that are PUSH on people also...there is no choice, but to conform

WE are being chemically altered and corralled, BOTH, mentally and physically.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
This is a really interesting little video

Derran brown exposing Subliminal messages

[edit on 26-7-2009 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I still enjoy SBS, havn't been back to Australia since they started SBS2. But I remember them playing a couple anti-American gov themed docos, and they always have good foreign movies. I even remember on their news they gave a short segment on how they view a coming arms race, a week or so before the NK and Iran thing came. ABC also has good programming, I stay away from seven, nine and TEN

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by hgfbob
media is the brain washing tool of the Gov.

tells you what to think, how to act, what to wear, what to buy, what to do with free time, what you NEED in order to be just like everyone else, offers MANY different realities, so YOU don't need one of your own, FORCES you, indirectly, to buy on CREDIT so YOU can be an indentured servant for life...with YOUR master being the FED

They don't need to do anything subliminally...just to keep repeating the same things over and over and over again...combined with ALL the meds/modified foods that are PUSH on people also...there is no choice, but to conform

WE are being chemically altered and corralled, BOTH, mentally and physically.

I agree and the only thing I would add to that is they also program people to defend it. When this topic gets discussed there are always hordes of people who watch TV who will defend it while claiming it has no effect on them. It's the weirdest thing, you can get people to agree that TV is a brainwashing tool in one breath and then give you a million reasons why it's ok for them to watch it.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Television can be a good or bad thing depending on what you watch.It isn't the big bad monster in the corner of the room alot of people seem to think imo.The internet can be just as bad as television *depending* on what you look at...its a really baseless claim imo.

I agree that TV at times can be of some educational value, but what percentage of programming actually contains something of substance? Seems to me that TV in the US at least is comprised mostly of news programs (who never seem to relay anything good), violence, sexual inuendo (think MTV/VH1 reality shows), food, and ads for products we waste money on. Does our society not reflect this? Obesity, Crime, Promiscuous Behavior, and Financial Disaster is rampant.

The most watched channels all belong to huge media conglomerates who have their filthy rich hands in everything, *cough* Rupert Murdoch *cough*.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Should we just assume that the 132nd richest man in the world isn't politically motivated or inclined to give his programming a bias? That is essentially brainwashing, there are millions that get their daily "news" from CNN or FOX, how do you REALLY know they are giving you straight facts or that they aren't implanting subtle subliminal thoughts?

I look no further than the weeks/months following 9/11 for proof of behavior modification, replay the destruction a thousand times over and make sure to remind people daily of the "outside threat" to Americas freedom. There is no denying it, Americans are subjected to propaganda in order to fulfill the ambitions of the agenda driven leaders. I know no better example than my father, I wont delve into it but I'll just say this, the man that taught me most of what I know today has never been so blind, it's really disheartening.

Woodward, great video, are there more parts to it? Some of the testimony (like the first girl) is sketchy but I don't doubt it.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I noticed this with everythign from the cartoons my child watches, to commercials repetitiveness, news etc etc.
It seems to be going on every second daily anywhere you look. This is the pivotal moment i realised we are in an artificial world being in cubicles with no connection to nature at all.
Thankfully many people are noticing this. When you do it somettimes noone notices but when you do it most of the time all the time it gets picked up and this is when you smile and realise who we are, more then what we realise and we are making that connection to creator again.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by Applesandoranges]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Hi fellow Ozzie,

Yes, i have seen these promos and am incensed by them.
Have you noticed the people in them??? Mostly current Channel (??) stars. Asexual, drone-like and stupid.
This channel's humour is always dry and situation based and it's news crew looks like it exists with iv's of Thorax. LOL
Something for the general populace to dread.

Watch your kids TV intake. It is said that 1 HR of TV input equals at least 8 Hrs of parental input, so if your kids are in front of the TV for 8 hours a day then you would have to spend 64 hrs to at least be equal to it's subtle programming.

Better to limit them, i think!!!!!

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by starwarp2000

They are limited
in the morning before school they usually don't worry about it and play together unless the wife puts it on.
after school I usually turn it on for a couple of kid programs, but thankfully they really seem more interested in having a bath than the TV.

in fact they get far less TV than I did as a kid and the behaviour of my children opposed to children who live in a house with constant TV can be noticed with how they play and interact.

new topics

top topics

join