It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Native American Ten Commandments

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
These people are the truest of heart and what was done to them in the past is in the past. In my opinion if people would just follow a few of these teachings then they would probably notice a dramatic change in their own life and their own well being. They would become more at peace with themselves. I am going to try and follow these simple teachings to better myself and the world around me..I do hope you all enjoy this.

[edit on 7/25/2009 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Wow, I enjoyed that. Thank you.

I'm gonna play that every morning when I fire my computer up.

It's some of the greatest advice I've ever heard.

Thank you friend.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
wow this is great and very true...wish more ppl in this world could apply this to theyre lives....

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Rise and retire with the sun.
The picture comes from a video "The Legend of Tahquitz".
I met him one night at a peyote ceremony.
He was seen by the one who was taking it but I witnessed him being picked up off the ground by this spirit.
He appears to people around this mountain that bares his name, from time to time.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
very toching video, added it to my fav's.

SnF thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Very nice video. Oh, the native americans are so spirtual, and have a special connection to the Creator. Not like me. I am a product of a marriage between a Seneca man and a white woman. I am not recognized by the Seneca. Cuz mommy was not a Seneca. Daddy married a white woman, so I am a white man. I am so tired of this racist, country, tribal crap. Native Americans have always been racist. I have a niece who adopted two children. They were unwanted by their tribe. Why? Somehow these little kids failed a test of heritage. So they were abandoned by their tribe.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

I am so tired of this racist, country, tribal crap.
Native Americans have always been racist.

The white man is the only creature on this planet who denies the validity of his own peoples.

"Honor all your relations."

I have a niece who adopted two children.
They were unwanted by their tribe. Why?

They were not Seneca. If a wolf chooses to adopt a fox, it may love the fox and it may care for the fox. It may raise the fox into maturity, but it will grow up to be a fox, not a wolf. Your niece does honor to her species through what she does. She does honor to her relation to humanity, and she does honor to her relation to life. This is proper. But her actions are not doing honor to her people. Her choice may be doing them no dishonor, but it is not doing them honor either.

I am not recognized by the Seneca. Cuz mommy was not a Seneca.

You are not Seneca any more than blue paint mixed with red paint is blue. It is purple. Purple does no honor to itself by denying that it is purple and pretending to be blue.

Somehow these little kids failed a test of heritage.
So they were abandoned by their tribe.

They are not of the tribe. It is proper to mix red paint with blue paint. But you don't take the result and pour it back into the blue pain can and pretend that it is still blue. This would be a dishonor to the blue paint.

Honor your relation with your gender.

Honor your relation with your species.

Honor your relation with all life.

Honor your relation with all of Creation.

Honor ALL your relations. Don't pick and choose and decide that some don't matter.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
thanks heaps for that video. I had tears in my eyes while watching it, seriously.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Yeah, okay. thanks.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Excellent thread!
This series is very good also!
Here is part one. Enjoy!
Peace 2 U!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

I am so tired of this racist, country, tribal crap.
Native Americans have always been racist.

The white man is the only creature on this planet who denies the validity of his own peoples.

I totally understand what you were saying about the blue paint mixed with red = purple and you can't then pour purple back into blue and expect it to be blue.

But, if you are to honor all your relations then surely even if someone is the purple paint they are still partly the blue paint? Why aren't they accepted and honored as a relation?

Not trying to argue any point here - I'm trying to learn and understand.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Those were some of the most backassed statements I've ever read.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Which form of Native American Spirituality do these originate from? I know there are at least two major types of this. Or maybe this is from a certain tribe? It's an excellent video, I'd just like to know more specifically where it comes from, which part.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
One thing I would consider missing from that list, that is in others, would be

"Always take responsibility for your own actions"

And that one alone could solve dang near every problem we have.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The central place of all the spiritual teaching and astrotheological teaching began in Ancient Ireland whiched moved from the west to the east. In the teachings of the Hindu Vedas in its original form they tell you that everyone in this world are part of the Aryan race matter of fact we are all of that lineage, they also teach you about your connection with nature, spirit, and the infinite cosmos. remember you are not part of the infinite you are the infinite. What i find so interesting about spirituality is that it empowers the invidual its like poetry, instead of making man feel inferior like religion.

Religion and Spirituality is two completly different teaching

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Elmocall911

Telling people they are all from the Aryan race is quite dogmatic. It's like another creation story we are just supposed to believe? Dogma = religion, believing those writings over other writings is fundamentalism and is quite comfy with religion that makes men feel inferior. But I get the idea of what you mean, and I'm with you on it. The idea, that's what matters so I like your comment. But some sort of ancient history, that all we have to go on is heresay and faith, seems quite religious in nature, bad example maybe?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Maya00a
But, if you are to honor all your relations then surely even if someone is the purple paint they are still partly the blue paint?

We may have different ideas about the word "relations." I don't intend to limit its meaning to merely biological relations. The wind may blow on your back and you may take pleasure in it. This is a relation. You may love a woman and she may bear you children. This too is a relation. All things are related, but to give honor to your relations means to accept things for what they are, and not to deny them the truth of their nature, nor to deny the truth of your own.

You may love the wind, but to expect it to bear you children is foolish.

Maya00a
Why aren't they accepted and honored as a relation?

Their relation is to be honored. But for what it is, and not for what it is not.

A liger is not a tiger and it is not a leopard. It is a liger. A mule is not a horse and it is not a donkey. It is a mule. To say that the child of a white man and Seneca is a white man, or to say that he is Seneca, either way it does a disservice to both him and the peoples of his ancestry. He is his own unique thing.

All this is of the spirit. Let us now speak of the practical.

I am not Seneca. However, it is likely that they perceive themselves as a dying breed. It is proper to mix blue paint with red. But if you pour the result back in with the blue, there will be no more blue paint. Races may be conquered and destroyed in this way. It is all well and good for the white man to say that any child he has with another race is white, for he is numerous. But if the Seneca say that any child of mixed blood is Seneca, then before long there will be no more Seneca.

It is not improper for a race to attempt to preserve itself.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Words worth living by but to difficult for the common man. For them it's much easier to claim to live by them.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I see there is hope for you. Very good thread, I will star and flag you for it. But I still hate your avatar.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join