It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Futurama 26 new episodes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Good news, everyone!

26 new episodes of Futurama are on their way.

Bad news. Not all the actors are returning.

What started as a rumor on the site collider.com - citing an anonymous inside source - has now been corroborated by major TV media outlets such as Entertainment Weekly, Hollywood Reporter, and Variety (update: and a Comedy Central press release). Futurama is set for a return on Comedy Central with fresh episodes in mid 2010.

www.gotfuturama.com...

[edit on 7/25/2009 by wookiee]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I heard all voice actors have been sacked.

This could be the beginning of the end for Futurama.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I read about this on perezhilton.com and I am highly upset the same people arent returning. That would be like the Simpsons or Family Guy without the same voice actors. Not a good idea. I read its about money which is sad. I wish celebs would stop being so greedy they already make more than the average person per episode for heavens sake.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wookiee

The voice actors want $75,000 per episode. Considering the DVD sales and many re-airings of the episodes, that is not much money to ask for. FOX is being cheap as usual.

Chances are they will settle for less an episode. If not, the show will not be the same.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
If they can Mimic the already established voices well, then I don't care, but if Fry sounds like Scruffy the janitor from now on then I will not be buying any more Box sets.

Lets give them the benefit of the doubt and see how it plays out.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Heck, Dr. Zoidberg is worth $100k per ...

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I echo this statement.

I will personally invest with whatever I can to keep Billy West on. But he plays like, 5 characters... so they can't get rid of him. Right?

Zoidberg is the only reason I watch the show.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The actors have settled their dispute. No details of the agreements were released, but all the voice talent will be back to do the episodes of "Futurama".

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
awsome. Ive always liked this show since it aired. I was really disappointed when it disappeared off the face of the earth but now it is back and hopefully it wont suck... haha

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Relentless.D

Comedy Central is doing the show (with FOX Studios), so I will wait and see. "Family Guy" came back and has been a mixed bag ever since. It is missing something the earlier episodes had.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
According to this, as of Aug 01/09, the entire voice cast is returning

Futurama News

New Deal Signed

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This is all awesome. How come I haven't seen this thread until now?

This is great! I love futurama (clearly) and I agree that it wouldn't have been the same without the original characters.

Hubby and I have wondered if Katie Segal would return since she now has her own series, but its all great news!!

Yay. Bring on the new eps!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Really cannot wait, I enjoyed the feature dvd's but nowhere near as good as the series was, real happy bunny

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Kittens give morbo Gas.

I have always loved this show. It's amazingly well written and consistent for a half hour sitcom/cartoon.

join