It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There Strange Weather In Your Area?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JalZhaunlUss

Same thing here right now in south coastal BC. Lightning flashing in the sky continuously, can't hear any thunder and the sky is clear. It's been going on for hours. It's unusual to get thunderstorms here and the past 2 weeks it's been happening alot.

It's still very hot ... not even cooling of overnight. I think it was up to 113 today and the heatwave is forecast go on another week.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Violent electrical storm in Oklahoma early morning hours of the 4th was the most amazing and scary storm that I have ever been in. It started just as day broke and the I checked the online doppler and a range of storms had appeared out of nowhere, a thin bank going across the entire n to s diameter of the state. When I awoke, the thunder actually sounded like bombs going off that the flash of lightening would coorelate with the exact sound of the boom. The house would shake and the the ground would shake. The scary part was not only the geographical way that the storm showed itself in the state, but also that the lightening was so intense and that their was no rolling thunder up in the sky. It was just the clap noises that came from the ligtening bolt hitting the ground. When I looked out the window, there was no clouds over my house, just a weird fog. It was spooky. I grew up in Oklahoma but I have also lived for about 10 years in the mountains of Arizona. I have never, never seen any type of storm like this before. I think something different is going on and I definitely think that we need to understand lightening better for the future. These storms are getting more violent and man have developed no way to be safe from these electrical bombs dropping from the sky.

Now you have to realize, I live in tornado alley...and the place on Earth that has had the highest wind speeds ever measureed were seen. But.....this was the scariest, spookiest storm I have ever seen. tornadoes are common, these lightening strikes were something else.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
This weather was somewhat predicted a few years ago by the climate scientists. Strange weather patterns, rain in places that do not see as much, hot in places which are usually cooler, and even snow on desert regions. All this was said to happen. Their reason,.. the warming of the planet, and it is causing many anomalies. I am in Wisconsin and it's not normal to have a July in the 70's. but as you all can see it is not business as usual everywhere. Our friend OZ the weatherman will tell you it is a particular pattern we are stuck in , I however think it is bigger than that. I think this is just the start of things that are odd. Wisconsin had a tornado in January last year, there was even snow in Iraq(I think it was 07). I just heard another report about record icemelt at the caps, so the planet STILL in a warming cycle. With each degree the planet warms, we should see more weather that is odd to your area.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Yesterday; we had some bad storms. I am in Kansas City and the wind really picked up but that was about it. To the south and west of me; winds were 80 mph -100 mph! Trees fell and powerlines broke. This was more than just severe; this was super severe. This storm was like tjat derecho that hit illnois. This seems more the norm in storms anymore; storms that are more like hurricanes. They had over 2 inches of rain.
This storm lasted for hours and kept regenerating storms behind it that is why I had some storms in my area. There was even a brief funnel cloud.
The night before a storm came out of no where. The winds gusted to about 50 mph maybe more. It was so loud I could hear my apartment creaking. The thunder was loud and very close. Thunderstorms seem to be becoming more voilent and happening more often.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join